“Better Facilities than the Bigger Guys...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #45 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Palatine, Illinois
“Better Facilities than the Bigger Guys...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Like others who have reviewed, I also attend the Bead & Button show every year. In previous years I had stayed at the Ramada, then switched to the Hyatt because I liked the enclosed walkway and attached garage. Two times at the Hyatt was enough to convince me to come back to the Ramada. The "convenient" enclosed walkway is an oven designed to cook human beings. I'd rather cook outside in the sunlight. The parking garage at the Hyatt seems convenient, but at $60 for 2 days it's way overpriced. I parked my car at the Ramada for free throughout my stay.
At the Hyatt, I had to pay to use WiFi in my room. (It's free in the lobby, but c'mon -- I'm not going down there in my jammies!) At Ramada, I was able to connect to the Internet instantly, no charge. Rooms are just as nice and just as clean as the Hyatt's. Ramada also has two things that the Hyatt doesn't -- a really nice swimming pool and a workout room. Staff at the Ramada are very friendly, helpful and quick to resolve whatever situation arises.

I have only one complaint about this very nice hotel. The restaurant is awful. It has changed its name, but it is still bad. Service is SLOW (only because it's way understaffed). Food was not cooked properly. I would suggest a kind of snack bar/cafeteria since many people want to grab a drink and sandwich or other light meal after being out at meetings or other activities all day long. I think it would be better than trying to run a full-service restaurant that "isn't."

Room Tip: Just don't take room 100. The window is right next door to the parking lot and front entrance an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel when we came to Milwaukee for a visit. We needed this hotel only to spend a night, as we had many activities planned throughout the day. Unfortunately the one thing we were looking for turned out to be a nightmare. When we got back to our hotel room, around 10pm and got into bed, I noticed stained sheets. They were stained with something that looked like coffee...I hope...My fiancé ensured me that they must of been washed, so I I didn't think more about it and put blankets over me, only to see that the entire comforter was DISGUSTING. Stains everywhere! They were fresh, and you could tell the comforter was not washed! There was lipstick, and other red stains, as well as others! I ended up sleeping under the sheets only...It was awful! The whole time I kept thinking that I am sleeping in somebody else's filthy bed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! We saved $30, and I wish we just spent the extra $30 to stay in the Doubletree across the street. Stay away!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaCityCentre, General Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
As much as we are concerned when hearing that our guests were dissatisfied with their stay, we are also grateful for the feedback. We value these opportunities to improve. We can assure you that we are determined to work harder in every area of the hotel so that the housekeeping and maintenance issues are resolved. Our mission is to provide the best possible experience for our guests. We urge this guest to re-visit us to view the changes we are making.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my family. Best prices per/night for downtown hotels (our 3 children--17,14,12--stayed free). Nothing fancy here, but why do I care? We were out sightseeing. When we weren't, the room was clean, plenty of towels, pool had great water, staff was courteous and helpful, free coffee in room, free safety deposit box.

We walked to the Third Ward, up Milwaukee to Easttown, across the river and back via the River-walk--twice. Other times, we took the $1 trolley that was good for the whole day. It runs from 11am to 9pm and covers the entire downtown. We took Wisconsin Avenue, 1 block away, to drive to the Miller Brewing Company, and we took Canal Street, 3 blocks away, to drive to Miller Park for a game. The hotel's location for walking, trolley, and driving was convenient.

Only negative--A/C, although efficient, made a clicking noise, but it worked great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Malone, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I recently attended the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee and stayed at the Ramada Inn. Even though I arrived early a room was ready for me. It was a very busy time at the Ramada because of the thousands of people attending. From the front desk people, house services and waitresses at the restaurant everyone was courteous and friendly. It was a great value especially since I wanted to spend my money at the Bead & Button Show and not too far to walk to. I parked my car in their lot on Wednesday and never needed it until I left on Saturday, everything I needed was in walking distance. I will return next year and the free parking was an added plus!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I endorse what other reviewers say. It doesn't have the polish of a Courtyard, but it's cheaper, and everything worked during my stay. All the staff members I dealt with were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and it's convenient (and saves $15 per day) to have free parking. It's convenient having a restaurant on site too, which will cook breakfast to order.

Not my first choice, as a little way out of town, but good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate the directness of this reviewer. The message on the importance of value and basic qualities is what many of our guests are expressing. It’s always nice hearing about our friendly staff, our room cleanliness, and our free parking.
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

On the positive side the rooms were clean as was the pool. The A/C barely worked and the solution by the hotel was to give us a different room with a box fan in it. Maybe that was an upgrade? Also, the TV reception was intermitant during the entire stay, Apparently the hotel knew about the problem but neglected to mention it when we chaecked in. Most of the exercise equipment is either broke or in need of repair. I was told that the problem with the A/C was due to the extreme heat but I thought that was what the A/C was for? For ehat they charge for this hotel spend a few dollars more and stay someplace else. Until they remodel this hotel is only worth maybe half what they charge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here the last Saturday night of Summerfest and even though we were a little irritated when we checked in because of the lines (had to wait 20 minutes to get our key), the rest of our stay was okay. Plenty of parking in the lot, rooms were clean and our room on the end was very quiet - couldn't hear the late night revelers. Easy 1 miles walk to Summerfest and able to walk home at 12:30pm with no issues (lots of foot traffic). Hotel bar was okay, despite the 80s decor (smoked glass, lots of brass). Beds seems a little bouncy & soft, but still slept pretty good. Good value for a hotel during Summerfest.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room if you want it a little quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!