“Outstanding service great staff, location to MKE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding service great staff, location to MKE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been directly involved with customer service for over 38 years so I clearly recognize outstanding service when I see it. Hence the reason for this review.

While commuting from LA to Milwaukee I came upon the Clarion by chance as a distressed airlines passenger when weather forced closure of the airport. Prior to staying at the Clarion I booked regularly in a neighboring hotel. The rooms at the Clarion are accommodating with the typical bed,(comfortable I might add), desk,table TV refrigerator and microwave etc. but most importantly, the rooms have always been spotless.

The location from the airport is "almost" within walking distance providing its not -30 below zero! However, a simple phone call brings the shuttle to your location within minutes and its available 24/7 . The hospitality begins with the drivers friendly and courteous service and continues throughout your stay.

The hotel is within walking distance to neighboring restaurants but there is no need to leave as the food is excellent. They offer a variety of specials including a two medallion fillet mignon, that you can cut with a fork . My complements to Chef Dennis and his staff. Diann was an excellent server and is very familiar with the "wine cellar" as she calls it, and helped to make a birthday dinner a very special one . On Fridays they have an all you can eat fish and chips. Prices are very reasonable.

Recently I happened to meet the General Manager, Jim Mikolajczak and asked if i could possibly order a Banana Cream pie to take to a loved one who was bedridden . After a brief introduction to Head Chef Dennis and proudly showing off his absolutely spotless kitchen, the pie was waiting for me to pick up within hours.

That day Jim and his staff brought a sparkle to the eyes of a gravely ill woman. She told me it was the best pie she had ever eaten. I will never forget the courtesy, caring and hospitality demonstrated by Jim and his employees. This is something you don't often see while traveling.

Staying at the Clarion is what outstanding customer service is all about.As you can tell, . I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Janesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is an old dog of a hotel. In all fairness, they were renovating the halls while I was there, and that always makes it look seedier. That being said, this is not a nice place to stay. The parking for the park-fly is secure, but inconvenient. You have to take a shuttle to get through the locked gate, which eliminates the possibility of throwing extra items back in the car before you leave. The on site restaurant is excellent but a tad pricey for Milwaukee. The shuttles to the airport are convenient, but they do make an additional stop in the parking lot. You have to love management that opens the free breakfast bar at 4:00 AM, but the items available are limited mostly to donuts. There are nicer places to stay near the airport for the same price, although most have a less convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had to catch a 6AM January flight to start a vacation in Jamaica. It was 16 below zero when we left the Clarion Airport Hotel via shuttle. I love up to 14 free days of secure parking,the free drink at the very nice bar downstairs, and a restaurant that is surprisingly good. Add in 4AM free breakfast of donuts, fruit, yogurt,coffee, juices or milk and a very friendly staff and excellent manager (thanks Eric), and you have the finest beginning to a vacation. This has become a routine for my wife and I for any early departures. You can't beat it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just returned from a trip to Mexico over the Christmas holiday break. Usually we just park at Mitchell but our flight out was going to be at 6am so we decided to stay at a hotel near the airport. We chose the Clarion because of their stay and fly deal.

I'm really glad we did. The hotel itself was nice. The restaurant/lounge was surprisingly good. The transportation is truly excellent. On departure day we arrived at the front desk at 3:45. Donuts were just getting there so we had a donut and 5 minutes later we were loaded and taken over to the airport.

On the way back we cleared customs with our luggage and gave the Clarion a call. 5 minutes later we were loaded and 10 minutes after calling the Clarion we were back at our car. Most of the passengers on the flight were still waiting for the shuttle to the main terminal.

From now on anytime I fly out of Mitchell I'll be leaving my car at the Clarion hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My daughter and I stayed last night and she took the shuttle early this a.m. to the airport while I slept in and returned home later. We had supper in the Cork and Cleaver, which was excellent! Shrimp & Scallop Provencal was wonderful and I had the best baked potato ever. Tirimisu was great! We were at the end of the hall on 2nd floor. Very quiet and found out it was newly remodeled. Very nice and cozy! The staff was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. Nice comps! Room service was great. The Eggs Benedict included a huge slab of ham instead of Canadian bacon, as well as fried potatoes. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby started at 4 a.m., which was perfect for my daughter before her early flight. She said there was a great selection. We would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the end of the hall away from the elevator, which we were given on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Green Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Me and wife stayed at this hotel the 13th of Dec. 2013 on a park-n-fly reservation. We stayed on the 2nd floor way down the hall. It was so quiet there were no people in the hallway at all. They are remodeling so all the floor wall trim was missing. It did not seem like our section had any rooms occupied. We could have been closer to the entrance so we did not have to drag our baggage so far. The front desk was very friendly and had us park our vehicle in their fenced in secured parking. The bar staff and wait staff at hotel restaurant were friendly. We were given a free drink coupon for the bar and we used it. The all you can eat cod special on friday was good and reasonably priced for a big city hotel. The airport shuttle was quick to the airport. But the downside is on our return we were the next to last ones picked up even though our hotel was the closet to the terminal. Go Figure!

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better view. If you have alot of luggage request room closer to entrance.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have used this hotel for park and fly stays numerous times. For this trip we left on the 7th and returned on the 14th. Our stay on the way out was great, nice to see the upgrades to the rooms; we were given a nice room on the first floor. For the return trip we waited almost 40 minutes to be picked up. The van was full and most everyone was complaining about the wait. After traveling all day; then waiting for your luggage you'd like to be picked up promptly. We decided to spend the night and asked to be dropped off at the hotel before the van proceeded to the parking lot. The driver did that and also asked that anyone paying cash for parking; exit the van and pay. She agreed to wait for them. We allowed them to pay first prior to us checking in. By the time they paid the driver took off with the van to the parking lot without waiting for them. The desk clerk indicated that part of the wait was due to the fact that they had to get the "bigger" van to accommodate all the people waiting at the airport. It seemed as though the hotel personnel were unorganized. We have not had this kind of service before, so I'm hoping this is an isolated incident. I always recommend this hotel for park and fly stays, I may have to reconsider.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!