“Hmmm...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Naperville, Illinois
“Hmmm...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I can't really say that it was a good one or a bad one. Attended a business meeting - meeting space is just right. What is disappointing is that the glasses stacked was not inspected. The glassware is definitely a bummer! Might have overlooked but there is no excuse not to check right? Moving on, staff is friendly that's a plus, rooms are okay. If you are planning to stay longer look for a better place, but if you are here for a night I think it's okay. There is a restaurant in the hotel - limited on menu but it's okay. 1 to 5, 5 as highest I will rate this clarion a 3- just passing but could be better.

Room Tip: Try to ask the room on top floor not facing the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a morning flight out of Milwaukee Airport, so our travel agent booked an overnight stay with the "park & fly" package so we could leave our car in the hotel secure lot. We arrived at the airport around 7 PM with a voucher for a king bed room, but we were told upon checking in that they were out of king rooms and that we would have to be satisfied with two queen beds. When we pointed out that we had prepaid for a king room, we were told that reservations booked through travel agents rather than directly with the hotel weren't guaranteed and they were sold out of king rooms. Since we had already paid for the room and parking, we accepted the double room they gave us. The room was adequate for an overnight stay, but that's about it.
We were told to return to the lobby when we were ready to put our car in the secure lot. After returning to the lobby, we were told to wait until the shuttle driver was ready. It was a 33 minute wait. As if that wasn't enough, the parking lot was cleared of snow only in the driveways and the parking spaces were full of deep frozen snow which was obviously being left until it melted away without any attempt to clear it as spaces opened up during the day. Lucky for us, we had 4-wheel drive to maneuver into the parking space.
Back at the hotel, I went to the hotel bar and ordered a drink using a coupon given to me by the front desk clerk as compensation for not having the king room we had booked. After receiving the drink I was informed by the bartender that I had to pay because the coupon wasn't valid for the drink. Unbelievable.
Upon returning from our vacation, we were picked up by the hotel shuttle along with about a dozen other travelers. We were then held "captive" in the shuttle while the driver wove up and down the parking lot aisles while passengers who couldn't remember where they parked their cars frantically clicked their key fobs hoping for flashing headlights. Finally, after passengers outside the secure area had located their cars, those of us whose cars were parked inside the secure lot were dropped off...at which time we had to climb over banks of frozen snow to get to our car.
There is no part of the Clarion experience that we were satisfied with (don't even get us started on the lame breakfast). There are other airport hotels and we'll be using those in the future. Meanwhile, if your travel agent makes plans for you at the Clarion, be forewarned that the room you paid for may not be there when you arrive--and all you'll get is a shrug from the desk clerk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We try to give great service to our guests and it looks like we didn't succeed in your case. Our Park & fly package is very succcesful and we have had people that have stayed with us for years and have been very happy. Your Travel Agent booked with a Third Party reservtion company and King rooms are not guarenteed with that rate. We must have been very busy that night and all our King rooms, which were booked with us directly , were taken. That is why you had a room with 2 Queen beds.
There is no excuse for a 33 minute wait for our shuttle to take you to the secured lot. I know that we had alot of snow and the drivers were helping people with the snow issues. We have our own snow equpment and are plowing throughout the day.
We are a full service Hotel and when one pays full price for their room, it includes breakfast in our restaurant which opens at 6:30 AM. We also have juice, coffee, donuts and fruit in our lobby starting at 4:00 AM.
I'm sorry your stay wasn't enjoyable, please contact. me.
'
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After the closing of the hotel we use to use, our travel agent recommended the Clarion. We found it to be very satisfactory. We did not use the restaurant, bar or continental breakfast. The parking was great and I swear the driver memorized each vehicle in the lot under his care! He found our car immediately. The only bad thing I can say is that the carpets in this hotel need to be replaced. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Got into Milwaukee @ 2AM. Had to go to the airport as the Coach USA terminal where our car was parked was closed. Called the Clarion @ booked a room for overnite as our car keys were stolen in Miami. Good value for the money, clean w/knowledegable staff. Helped w/towing co. & schuttled us over to the terminal where our car was. Unable to use complimentary breakfast tickets as we needed to go ASAP.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel-Milwaukee Airport. Service is important to me. It sure looks like my staff did a great job.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Front desk staff polite but impersonal. Facility needs an upgrade. It's simply wearing out. Pool available but did not use. Did not see a hot tub. Restaurant service and food were good. Shuttle to airport was readily available. Continental breakfast was acceptable and consisted of donuts, muffins, fruit, coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The pictures do not do this place justice, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

Checking in, I was told I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite. I didn't want it. I am traveling on business, alone, what would I do with the honeymoon suite. The girl insisted so I took it. Upon entering, the tub was dirty with hair and what not. There were hand prints on the headboard. The room was filthy.

2nd room, no better.

3rd room, no better. I gave up and slept on top of the blanket in my clothes.

There are shady people walking the hallways and I did not feel safe.

This is a glorified hourly motel. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Please contact me at 414-481-2400 #415 so that we can discuss your issues with the Clarion Hotel. I would like to know what rooms you occupied so these housekeeping matters can be resolved.
Menominee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day work seminar and we also had all our meetings here. First of all, the location is very convenient as it is right across the road from airport and they have plenty of parking available. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. I love that there were lots of pillows on my bed, usually I am always wanting more pillows. There was a flat screen tv, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room, along with a table and chair. I had good water pressure from the shower which is also important to me. The manager of the hotel was very hands on. I talked to him several times as he wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed. They do provide juice, coffee, fruit, muffins and doughnuts in the morning in the lobby. Overall, I was pleased and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positve comment on the Clarion Hotel. Thank you for your business.