“Close to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Close to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After the closing of the hotel we use to use, our travel agent recommended the Clarion. We found it to be very satisfactory. We did not use the restaurant, bar or continental breakfast. The parking was great and I swear the driver memorized each vehicle in the lot under his care! He found our car immediately. The only bad thing I can say is that the carpets in this hotel need to be replaced. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Got into Milwaukee @ 2AM. Had to go to the airport as the Coach USA terminal where our car was parked was closed. Called the Clarion @ booked a room for overnite as our car keys were stolen in Miami. Good value for the money, clean w/knowledegable staff. Helped w/towing co. & schuttled us over to the terminal where our car was. Unable to use complimentary breakfast tickets as we needed to go ASAP.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel-Milwaukee Airport. Service is important to me. It sure looks like my staff did a great job.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Front desk staff polite but impersonal. Facility needs an upgrade. It's simply wearing out. Pool available but did not use. Did not see a hot tub. Restaurant service and food were good. Shuttle to airport was readily available. Continental breakfast was acceptable and consisted of donuts, muffins, fruit, coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The pictures do not do this place justice, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

Checking in, I was told I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite. I didn't want it. I am traveling on business, alone, what would I do with the honeymoon suite. The girl insisted so I took it. Upon entering, the tub was dirty with hair and what not. There were hand prints on the headboard. The room was filthy.

2nd room, no better.

3rd room, no better. I gave up and slept on top of the blanket in my clothes.

There are shady people walking the hallways and I did not feel safe.

This is a glorified hourly motel. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Please contact me at 414-481-2400 #415 so that we can discuss your issues with the Clarion Hotel. I would like to know what rooms you occupied so these housekeeping matters can be resolved.
Menominee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day work seminar and we also had all our meetings here. First of all, the location is very convenient as it is right across the road from airport and they have plenty of parking available. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. I love that there were lots of pillows on my bed, usually I am always wanting more pillows. There was a flat screen tv, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room, along with a table and chair. I had good water pressure from the shower which is also important to me. The manager of the hotel was very hands on. I talked to him several times as he wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed. They do provide juice, coffee, fruit, muffins and doughnuts in the morning in the lobby. Overall, I was pleased and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positve comment on the Clarion Hotel. Thank you for your business.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a Clarion hotel and it is my first time staying at one. Of course, it isn't a luxurious hotel, but just a clean, basic hotel room. It had a refrigerator, microwave and amazingly it even had room service from the restaurant attached to the hotel.

It was easy to find and the cost was decent for what I needed, just an overnight stay for work. Parking was just in front and the staff was friendly and swift with checking me in.

I did order room service and the food was mediocre but it wasn't expensive either. I never heard a plane fly by so that was bonus.

Room Tip: If you buy any water from the vending machines make sure you realize it is going to be a small water...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oostburg, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed one night with a Park-n-Fly. Based on its worn-out, AARPy appearance from the outside, I was not surprised by its inside. Our room was OK; TV was excellent (HBO etc.). No noise from the airplanes. Free breakfast consisted of coffee, OJ from dispenser, fresh doughnuts, and apples. Front desk personnel were either unsophisticated or appeared bored. We did not go to their restaurant - we ate at Noodles & Company in Oak Creek (excellent). Shuttle was good going to airport, but there was a long delay when we requested a ride from the airport to the parking lot in back of the hotel (and it was cold!). What I found perplexing is why service people don't seem to try to please customers and act more professionally.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!