“I would give it Zero if I could.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Staten Island, New York
“I would give it Zero if I could.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The pictures do not do this place justice, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

Checking in, I was told I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite. I didn't want it. I am traveling on business, alone, what would I do with the honeymoon suite. The girl insisted so I took it. Upon entering, the tub was dirty with hair and what not. There were hand prints on the headboard. The room was filthy.

2nd room, no better.

3rd room, no better. I gave up and slept on top of the blanket in my clothes.

There are shady people walking the hallways and I did not feel safe.

This is a glorified hourly motel. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Please contact me at 414-481-2400 #415 so that we can discuss your issues with the Clarion Hotel. I would like to know what rooms you occupied so these housekeeping matters can be resolved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Menominee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day work seminar and we also had all our meetings here. First of all, the location is very convenient as it is right across the road from airport and they have plenty of parking available. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. I love that there were lots of pillows on my bed, usually I am always wanting more pillows. There was a flat screen tv, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room, along with a table and chair. I had good water pressure from the shower which is also important to me. The manager of the hotel was very hands on. I talked to him several times as he wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed. They do provide juice, coffee, fruit, muffins and doughnuts in the morning in the lobby. Overall, I was pleased and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positve comment on the Clarion Hotel. Thank you for your business.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a Clarion hotel and it is my first time staying at one. Of course, it isn't a luxurious hotel, but just a clean, basic hotel room. It had a refrigerator, microwave and amazingly it even had room service from the restaurant attached to the hotel.

It was easy to find and the cost was decent for what I needed, just an overnight stay for work. Parking was just in front and the staff was friendly and swift with checking me in.

I did order room service and the food was mediocre but it wasn't expensive either. I never heard a plane fly by so that was bonus.

Room Tip: If you buy any water from the vending machines make sure you realize it is going to be a small water...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oostburg, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed one night with a Park-n-Fly. Based on its worn-out, AARPy appearance from the outside, I was not surprised by its inside. Our room was OK; TV was excellent (HBO etc.). No noise from the airplanes. Free breakfast consisted of coffee, OJ from dispenser, fresh doughnuts, and apples. Front desk personnel were either unsophisticated or appeared bored. We did not go to their restaurant - we ate at Noodles & Company in Oak Creek (excellent). Shuttle was good going to airport, but there was a long delay when we requested a ride from the airport to the parking lot in back of the hotel (and it was cold!). What I found perplexing is why service people don't seem to try to please customers and act more professionally.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
leepoffaith
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel has it's good points and bad points. Overall it's very average. The staff was fine; not overly nice, but not rude either. They do have free internet, free parking and it's about as close to the airport as possible. Another nice perk is all rooms have a microwave and refrigerator and our room was properly cleaned. That's where the good points about this hotel end. The room we got (Single Queen Bed) was horribly outdated and felt like we took a trip back to 1980. Also it was so small that one side of the bed didn't even have a night stand. The window in our room was looking out into the pool area and we could hear the noise from that area until about 9 pm. I'm guessing we got one of the worst rooms since I booked a very low rate for this hotel through Priceline. As for breakfast they buy doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts and put them on a tray. Don't get me wrong, I like Dunkin Doughnuts (which is why I am 100% sure that is where they are from), but to call that breakfast is a stretch. For a 3 star hotel I expected more. If I had to stay there again I would do so without hesistation, but I feel there are other alternatives in the area that are a much better value for your money.

Room Tip: Stay away from the single Queen rooms and the rooms that overlook he indoor pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After calling them for a pickup, I had a van in 7 minutes. They have access to a full 24 hour a day gym which locals pay for. They have a nice inside swimming pool. They have a small business office with 2 computers and free printing. Parking was also free. The breakfast consists mostly of donuts. Do not expect a waffle maker or even a toaster. They do have orange juice for breakfast. I saw no milk anywhere. Coffee is available 2 hours a day and free. I was treated very graciously. Though I got a non-smoking room, it reeked like smoke my entire stay. I did call the desk clerk and was offered a different room or a machine to filter the stench in the room.

Room Tip: Just let the desk know if your room reeks of smoke, so you will not be charged a $150 cleaning fee.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for the nice review. Our continental breakfast consistsof juice coffee, donuts, muffins and fresh fruit. In our restaurant, whch opens at 6:30 everyday but Sunday (9:00AM), has a complete menu of Breakfast. items. Perhaps next time you come you can have a made to order breakfast. Sorry about the smoke smell in your room. We are a smoke free facility but it seems as the weather gets colder, people will start smoking in their roooms. We need to enforce our no smoking policy better.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family of four stayed at the Clarion on the Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving and were pleasantly surprised by the facility. The room was spacious, clean and very quiet considering the location next to the airport. Maid service was very good and friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool which was very nice and well maintained. This was a very good hotel for the price. The hallways and rooms may be a bit outdated but overall it was well maintained and very clean. I would recommend staying at the Clarion especially if you are going to do a park and fly out of the Milwaukee Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far end of the building were very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!