“Always A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Always A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have stayed at this property many times and have always been pleased. The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. The pool area is nice and always clean. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. An added bonus is the restaurant and bar located downstairs, they have great food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thsnks for the great comments. We love all Packer fans and Green Bay residents.. Stay at the Clarion and park your car with us. Our van runs 24 hours to and from General Mitchell International Airport

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let me start by saying that I was looking a at last minute getaway for the labor day weekend, im from a north suburb from chicago, and when we got to the hotel,. we walked about a mile to get to our room which was located in the 3rd floor. only have one elevator far from the lobby. and then walk so far from the elevator. I was hurt from my leg and walking was a pain.
we stayed there since Fri to Mon and every day coming from the room to go out we had to walk so sooooooo far. I cant beleive there was not an exit at the other end of the hotel since we were right at the end, we had to walk thru the whole hotel just to go to our car.
Also when when we got to our room, there was no fridge,. We called and the moved us to another room.
Also, when we went to the pool, needed to go to the bathroom and came to find out there were no bathrooms in the pool area, meaning we had to go to our room which was located at the other end of the hotel. wth!!! I called the front desk and the told us that if we had to go that we needed to come out of the pool area, come towards the front desk, go back and take the stairs down to the lower level and go to the restaurant that was down there to go. wow! i was just confused with so many directions, just decided to go back to our room. I cant imagine if it was a child that needed to go how would this work exactly???? so that sucked.
other than that, it was ok i guess! but after booking this online, it was advertised as a 3-1/2 star hotel, and honestly this is closer to a 2 star! maybe 2-1/2 but thats pushing it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Sorry that you had to walk so far. The original building had 80 rooms and no elevator. In 1988 we added 50 rooms and an elevator and in 1995 we added 50 more rooms and a large convention area. We do have another entrance to the Hotel ,it is on the West side of rhe building near the conference area. This is the area where your room was located.

We are looking at putting in a bathroom in the pool area in the near future. Please try us again..

S
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had reservations at Milwaukee WI Airport Clarion and at approximate 2-3pm date of my reservation I placed a call to the hotel to inform them that our party was checking in late and that we would be arriving after the Milwaukee Brewers game that we were attending. I asked the man if he needed to look at our reservations and he said no and that we only needed to check in by 7am the next day. When we arrived at 10:30pm we were informed that the credit card on file was not going through and they sold the room. They also claimed they called the phone number on file which was my house #. When I check with my wife who was home and she looked for any calls that were unfamiliar, she said she did not see anything. Also, no messages were left from Clarion.
This should have never have happened. If they needed to confirm payment to reserve the room for late arrival, the man I spoke to earlier that day should have mention that. He should have at least looked at our reservation and possibly confirm payment. Also, I indicated there were 6 people on my reservation. Did they not think that out of the SIX people in my party that we would not have had a valid credit card????? When the woman at the front desk told us of the situation, she said she knew that there were no other rooms available and we could check around. I asked her to make some calls and after approximately 7-10 min she said all that was available was in Racine, WI. I told her that was the wrong directions from home and that we would prefer something toward Madison and she said we should look. SHE DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO HELP US LOOK AT ANY ADEQUATE HOTEL ROOM TOWARDS MADISON.
When I asked to speak to a manager, she said there was no manager available and that there was not even one available to speak to over the phone. She gave me his card and to call in the morning. I got hold a of him the next day and all he could tell me was that it was policy. There was no real apology but “I’m sorry this happened to you but that is our policy”. I guess the Clarion policy is that even if you call in advance to notify the hotel that you will be arriving late, they will sell your room from under you. I usually book my hotel stays with online travel broker where I pay in advance. Instead this time, for some reason, I decided to book via the Clarion (Choice Privileges) website where they do not require payment in advance. I don’t know if I entered a wrong number with the credit card but I can tell you there should have been NO REASON besides that why my credit card should have been declined. No messages were left to notify me of this as well. And like I said, THERE WERE 5 OTHER PEOPLE WITH ME. If this is Clarion’s policy, it lacks complete common sense. Looking at the Clarion confirmation there was NOTHING that alludes to this type of policy.
This was a horrible experience for me and the group of 6 that I was with. Along with the baseball game that night and Irish Fest that was going on in town, there were no other available rooms within a 90 mile radius. I have never stayed at a Clarion and was reluctant in booking this stay but after this experience I will NEVER stay at a Clarion or Choice Privilege hotel. I would rather spend twice the cost and have to spend another these hotels. As a business owner myself, it disappoints me that a company can be run at poor level.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. Clean room, comfortable beds. Just a few minor complaints, but overall, great for the price. Surprised that no one at the front desk had info on the city bus. Shower curtain needs to be bleached or replaced. Free breakfast is meager: donuts, oranges, orange juice, coffee period. Complimentary shuttle back and forth to the airport is great. Beautiful indoor pool and fantastic workout gym. Would definitely stay here again. City bus drivers are very friendly and helpful. Catch the Green line bus right across the street from the hotel at the street corner coming out of the airport. Get off at Water and Wisconsin to catch a bus to the ballgame or the art museum or anywhere in town basically. Just ask the bus drivers who are glad to help.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Do to the calamity which befalls all travelers by air, I un-expectently found myself grounded in Milwaukee. The nearest hotel/motel is the Clarion. This refuge of sanity is 3 minutes or less by the shuttle provided by the hotel. The shuttle runs 24/7, and is available on a moments notice.
The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. Adjacent to the lobby is a common lounge, in which is supplied the complimentary breakfast(sweet rolls, coffee, juice) in the AM.
In the basement, or is it PC to say: in the lower floor, lies the restaurant and bar-lounge, and the meeting rooms. Decor is art, mostly modern reproductions, prints, etc.
The price is right: my room had 2 king sized beds, A/C thru the wall--not loud, TV with umpty- ump channels . The bath room was typical for such a facility. Yes, it was clean( I even checked under the sheets before lying down).
The only downer: long hall ways, the elevator is halfway down the hall.
Would I do it again; YES.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevator, but not next to it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for sharing the positive comments on the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center. We also have a full size gym, Sweeney's Gym, that is open 24/7 and 18,000 sq. ft of banguet area for meetings, weddings and parties.

Sherry Rupena
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night. I arrived late and wanted to get from the airport quickly and go to sleep! The Clarion bus picked me up in 3 minutes. My check-in was fast and my room was small but spotless. My room was so quiet that I could hear a pin drop! The carpeting was brand new. The mattress was very ideal in my opinion and the feather pillows were exactly the squishy type that I like. The bathroom was clean and spotless. I am the type of traveler that likes to take a bath. This bath was clean, clean, clean. Even as I soaked in the tub and stared at the walls, I saw only cleanliness and tidy grout. The parking lot felt safe even though I arrived late at night. The restaurant was nice and the staff was friendly.

The best part was the GYM! Wow! It was a privately owned gym that was housed in the Clarion hotel, but outside people could come and be a member. So the equipment was for the serious type of fitness buff. Lots of mirrors and tons of different type of equipment. There were some bodybuilder types there and the staff/trainers were very knowledgeable about fitness, etc.

This will be my Milwaukee Airport hotel for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

On July 23rd, 2012 @ 11:15 p.m., we happily walked into the lobby and told the woman at the service desk we had stayed at the hotel previously and really liked the room we were in. She stood there, looked at me blankly and said, "Well, if I don't have your information, how am I suppose to know what room you were in." Not how I expect to be greeted, nor had I ever been treated so rudely at this hotel.

Quite unfortunate, as we have stayed previously and found the hotel clean, quiet, reasonable, and professional.

Surely they can find staff with more highly developed customer service skills.

Very distasteful.

• Stayed July 2012
I agree! There is no excuse for rude behavior. My Hotel manage is looking into the situation and it will be handled. Thank you for bringing it my attention.

Owner

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!