“We enjoyed our stay here.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
California
“We enjoyed our stay here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. Clean room, comfortable beds. Just a few minor complaints, but overall, great for the price. Surprised that no one at the front desk had info on the city bus. Shower curtain needs to be bleached or replaced. Free breakfast is meager: donuts, oranges, orange juice, coffee period. Complimentary shuttle back and forth to the airport is great. Beautiful indoor pool and fantastic workout gym. Would definitely stay here again. City bus drivers are very friendly and helpful. Catch the Green line bus right across the street from the hotel at the street corner coming out of the airport. Get off at Water and Wisconsin to catch a bus to the ballgame or the art museum or anywhere in town basically. Just ask the bus drivers who are glad to help.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Do to the calamity which befalls all travelers by air, I un-expectently found myself grounded in Milwaukee. The nearest hotel/motel is the Clarion. This refuge of sanity is 3 minutes or less by the shuttle provided by the hotel. The shuttle runs 24/7, and is available on a moments notice.
The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. Adjacent to the lobby is a common lounge, in which is supplied the complimentary breakfast(sweet rolls, coffee, juice) in the AM.
In the basement, or is it PC to say: in the lower floor, lies the restaurant and bar-lounge, and the meeting rooms. Decor is art, mostly modern reproductions, prints, etc.
The price is right: my room had 2 king sized beds, A/C thru the wall--not loud, TV with umpty- ump channels . The bath room was typical for such a facility. Yes, it was clean( I even checked under the sheets before lying down).
The only downer: long hall ways, the elevator is halfway down the hall.
Would I do it again; YES.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevator, but not next to it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for sharing the positive comments on the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center. We also have a full size gym, Sweeney's Gym, that is open 24/7 and 18,000 sq. ft of banguet area for meetings, weddings and parties.

Sherry Rupena
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night. I arrived late and wanted to get from the airport quickly and go to sleep! The Clarion bus picked me up in 3 minutes. My check-in was fast and my room was small but spotless. My room was so quiet that I could hear a pin drop! The carpeting was brand new. The mattress was very ideal in my opinion and the feather pillows were exactly the squishy type that I like. The bathroom was clean and spotless. I am the type of traveler that likes to take a bath. This bath was clean, clean, clean. Even as I soaked in the tub and stared at the walls, I saw only cleanliness and tidy grout. The parking lot felt safe even though I arrived late at night. The restaurant was nice and the staff was friendly.

The best part was the GYM! Wow! It was a privately owned gym that was housed in the Clarion hotel, but outside people could come and be a member. So the equipment was for the serious type of fitness buff. Lots of mirrors and tons of different type of equipment. There were some bodybuilder types there and the staff/trainers were very knowledgeable about fitness, etc.

This will be my Milwaukee Airport hotel for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

On July 23rd, 2012 @ 11:15 p.m., we happily walked into the lobby and told the woman at the service desk we had stayed at the hotel previously and really liked the room we were in. She stood there, looked at me blankly and said, "Well, if I don't have your information, how am I suppose to know what room you were in." Not how I expect to be greeted, nor had I ever been treated so rudely at this hotel.

Quite unfortunate, as we have stayed previously and found the hotel clean, quiet, reasonable, and professional.

Surely they can find staff with more highly developed customer service skills.

Very distasteful.

• Stayed July 2012
I agree! There is no excuse for rude behavior. My Hotel manage is looking into the situation and it will be handled. Thank you for bringing it my attention.

Sharon Rupena
Owner
Linden, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The room was clean, equipped with a microwave and a fridge. Almost 100 channels on TV, including HBO, Hallmark and Cinemax. Free internet connection in the room.
There is a very nice swimming pool open 9am - 10pm, and the gym is open 24/7.
Free coffee, juice and pastries (doughnuts and muffins) every morning in the lobby.

What is the most convenient is the location of the hotel, only 3 minutes from MKE airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

First room did not have a refrigerator, requested another room with one in it, there was one available. Room was clean, carpet was older. Extended stay for parking was $7 daily. Single bed & Double bed room size was plentiful. The Hotel offers coffee/orange juice/roll in the morning 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. - no continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cleveland,ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Pros: clean bathroom
On time shuttle service
Donuts and coffee in the morning
Flat screen tv
Very close to the airport

Cons: dirty carpet
Dirty stained chairs in the room
Dry rotting curtains
Noisy airconditioner
Dirty iron board cover

I have to stay here for business but would not book 1 night that I had to pay for.

• Stayed July 2012
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I am sorry that you were not happy with your room. The room your company put you in was one of smaller budget rooms. But there is no excuse for a dirty room. The carpet in those Queen bedrooms were just professionally cleaned last month. I think that darked area of carpet was a shadow from the light over the night stand. We have checked the A/C for noise, repaired the drapes, cleaned the chair and replaced the iron board cover. In fact, I had our housekeeping department check all iron board covers which they should already be doing.
As you can see on our website we have a variety of rooms and prices. Please have your company give me a call and I can offer them different room types at different rates.

Sharon Rupena

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!