“Wedding Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
wisconsin
“Wedding Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed one night for a wedding event.

The room was clean, staff very helpful.

The breakfast in the hotel, next morning at cost, was delicious.

We would stay again, and also recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Traveling for work, it’s nice to find a place with so much to offer. Clean, Convenient, and Courteous is how I would sum it up. Try the Eggs Benedict for a real treat, never had better. Restaurant, and Pub has exceptional food, Staff is more like a family, really make me feel welcome and at home. Best Hotel in the area….. by far!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Abbott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was in your hotel over the holiday weekend. I found the trip to the hotel, after a lengthy flight from Arkansas very pleasant. Your driver Jose was very informative. Upon arriving at your hotel I was welcomed by a bald gentleman whose name tag read Joel at the front desk. He was very helpful and prompt on my checkin. He actually made small talk, and made me feel very comfortable while at the same time not delaying my checkin process. He advised me that the restaurant was not open until the evening due to the holiday, but offered alternatives for me should I need to eat earlier than that. He recommended if possible to wait because your restaurant was well worth it. I must say I found the hotel very comforable even though the decor leads alot to be desired. And Joel was correct, I ate in your hotel restaurant and was definitely worth the wait, and very good. High points on that.

Will definitely return to this hotel on my next visit to the area. Thank you all Clarion.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel Airport for a Park & Stay in December 2011, prior to our departure for Jamaica. We had tried others in the area and had been referred to Clarion by a friend of ours. The outside of the building is nothing to write home about, however, I was pleasantly surprised but how nice the interior of the lobby was. The check in went smoothly however, the night time desk representative was less than welcoming. Our room was quite satisfactory. Upon check in, we were given 2 free drink tickets for the lobby bar downstairs and a ticket for 1 free drink with the purchase of dinner. It was a very nice little bar/restaurant where we enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine and a rum and soda for my other half. We took a peek at the menu and found the prices to be reasonable. I ordered a Chicken Caesar salad that was quite good and my boyfriend had the artichoke dip which was delish. All in all, 2 drinks per person and a good meal for just a bit over $20; a wonderful dining experience. Our flight was scheduled to depart the following morning at 5:45 am and upon check in, we requested a 3:00 am wake up call. Being a bit anal retentive, I also set my own alarm. I awoke and started getting ready, only to have the wake up call come in 8 minutes late. Now, in the grand scheme of things, 8 minutes is not major. However, for us ladies who need all the time we can get before leaving, 8 minutes seems important. The coffee provided in both the room and lobby was awful, as most hotel coffee is. We waited for our transfer driver; and while she was timely, her incessant complaining about how she was being forced to work while she had the flu was infuriating. She made it a point to demonstrate (dramatically) how ill she was feeling. Now, please don’t get me wrong. I feel bad that she was unable to call into work that day if she was not feeling well, HOWEVER, I am about to embark on a very expensive vacation and the last thing I need to worry about is my transfer driver hacking her germs all over me. To further the point, she smashed the transfer van into and up the curb upon our drop off. Sigh…And the final experience I wish to discuss is the rudeness we experienced upon our call for our pickup after we arrived back in Milwaukee. We spoke with “Amy” at the front desk that evening, I kindly explained that we were at the baggage claim and asked for her to send the driver (it takes approx 15 minutes for their arrival). She told me that she would not be able to do that until we physically had our luggage in hand and that I would need to call back. Are you kidding me? The luggage carousel is spinning and I can’t request my driver be sent? Sure enough, 2 minutes later when we were holding our 2 bags, we had to call back and request the driver again. She advised me the driver had just dropped off someone else and that we should exit and look to the middle isle. Well we stood out there in the freezing cold for 10 minutes before he showed up, so clearly, he had not been sitting there waiting for us. The general attitude of 3 of the employees we dealt with during our stay is the sole reason we will not use this hotel again, which is a shame because by all other accounts, it was a very pleasant stay. Had we experienced even remotely friendly or professional employees, I was prepared to give our stay a 5 star rating. It is worth noting that the bartender and service we received at the restaurant was stellar, so clearly, not all employees resent their position there. With the amount of hotel options available near by, I would recommend finding other accommodations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Utica, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed here for one evening back in August and found the facility convenient and just plain okay. I would stay again.

The problem is with HOTELS.com - the online service used to book this stay, including the airfare. HOTELS.com does NOT honor their offer to provide bonus points when using certain MAJOR credit cards to book the trip. Nor do they keep records of the stay in the event they are needed for later reference.

The Clarion is okay, just DON'T USE HOTELS.com.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed here the night before an early flight home. While incredibly convenient to the airport this hotel is not somewhere i would have otherwise wanted to stay. It is old and our room was small. We had a slight issue upon check-in with a prepaid reservation. The older gentleman at the desk was stressed out by it, but a very nice woman took over and figured things out. I will say we were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant which appeared updated and served a great meal with great service. Served its purpose just fine though.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111. Dated, one queen bed, poor temp control. Bathroom updated.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel. Sorry there was confusion with your reservation. I will make sure that all of our front desk employees better understand the procedures for prepaid reservations.
The room you chose was one of our lower priced rooms for the budget minded.,the room with one Queen bed. Our rooms with 2 Queen beds, 2 room suites and our rooms with a King size bed are updated. In fact, our rooms with the King size bed were just updated a long with our Lobby and Lounge areas.
We have a great restaurant that that is known for its Fish Frys and Holiday Brunches. Our restaurant, the Cork N'Cleaver will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. You can order from our menu and a few specials that Chef Dennis has created for the Holiday.
Upper Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I just attended a meeting at the convention center attached to the Clarion Hotel - Airport.

The convention center is nice. The meeting rooms and snacks/meals were fine. The internet connection in the center was iffy. This is a modest sized facility.

My stay at the hotel was also fine. The hotel is a little worn and dated, but the bed was good (I wasn't sore in the morning) and the towels were fluffy and thick. There was a little mildew in the bath, and the bathroom was small - but, overall, I thought the stay was fine and convenient to the meeting. The internet in the room was quick and free.

The hotel / convention center is right across the street from the Airport in Milwaukee, making it very handy for a traveller. There is (as always seems to be the case) construction on the surrounding freeways, making road travel a problem. There is nothing pretty about the neighborhood - it is kind of industrial and busy, so don't plan on coming here for vacation, unless you have need to be in the area.

I was impressed by how helpful and nice all of the staff were. A big positive in my book!

A good choice for going to a meeting, or staying while travelling, if the location fits your needs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!