“Keep looking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Keep looking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were clean but very small. The beds and pillows were very comfortable.

The parking lot and entire parking situation was ridiculous. The hotel charged $15/day to park in their rinky-dink lot with spaces so small, an average vehicle couldn't really fit. There was also water dripping and leaving deposits on vehicles. The lot also did not house enough spaces for the number of rooms in the hotel so if you didn't find a room, you had to park on the street which is fine but overnight parking can cost you $35 in ticket fees.

I did not receive a receipt upon my stay and when I called to have them email it to me (since my charges did not match what I signed for), the receptionist seemed quite annoyed with my request.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Currently staying in this hotel and not sleeping. It's so noisy and am freaking out due to the stains I see on the bedding (one comforter has a stain of blood).

I am also upset in that I ordered a double and they so generously upgraded me to a king (I have 4 people staying with me). They offered a rollout but that was disgusting. I called the front desk and the girl told me I had to stay in the upgraded room as they didn't have a double to offer me. I asked for a reduced rate and she said I should be charged more for the upgrade... She said she couldn't do anything about the rate or room. I asked for a manager and the girl said one wasn't working until morning. What hotel doesn't have a manager at night??

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. It is dirty and the staff is unpleasant to deal with.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location close to lakeshore and several restaurants make it a nice choice. The facilities however lack any charme especially the reception. The gym makes you claustrophobic and the breakfast - which is not friendly for anyone with any food allergy - comes all in plastic and is not appealing at all.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015

While checking into the hotel Jasmine was absolutely amazing. She is very friendly and very knowledgeable about the hotel in the surrounding areas. I was visiting the city on business this trip but I would recommend this hotel for both business and vacation. I Had a great view of the lake and of the city as well. Great job Jasmine!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello

Thank you for your comments we really appreciate it!!! We strive to do the best that we can and having a great comments like this really makes my day..

Hope to extend to you our hospitality once again in the future where I can personally greet you!!

Thank you once again!

Sincerely
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

We are currently staying at the hotel. There is no where to park, even though we paid $15/night. Also, we came back and the hall was covered in blood. The staff did not care or bother to check. There is also so much pot smoking going on around me that I'm sure I'm high...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hello

Thank you for your comments!!

It helps us better serve our guest...
I noticed that you stayed with us when the brewers, bucks and Chicago was in town the hotel can be a little noisy with so much going on... The manager was working the front desk when you noticed blood on the walls , he cleaned up immediately and tried to make sure no one around was hurt.. We are a non smoking facilities still some people still like to smoke in the rooms in which we did charge the guest $250.00 for smoking. I am vey sorry that your experience was less than enjoyable...

Thank you for your comments it does help us better serve our guest... I hope to extend to you our hospitality in the future..

Lisa Guibord
Findlay, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

Had several issues during a two night stay at this property. 1st the parking structure is an absolute nightmare, it needs a lot of maintenance and there was even a sign posted on the door not to park under the parking structure even though this is the only option for parking at the hotel! 2nd and the biggest issue of the whole hotel is the front desk and the attitudes of the guest service associates. Just down right nasty attitudes from everyone at the front desk, asked to speak to a manger two days in a row there was never one on the property and no one ever bothered to return my call. The heat in the first room that we checked into was not working at all, so instead of offering to move me rooms they offered me extra blankets....I had to raise a fuss to get a new room with proper heat. The décor is all over the place starting from stuff that looks like it could be dated from the last 80's all the way up until about 2005, not very clean and the elevators are a nightmare also. The only positive thing I have to say about my whole stay was housekeeping was on point and very friendly. Hotel Impossible and Anthony Melchiorri, this is a good one for you!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hello

Thank you for commenting it helps us better serve our guest..
I am very sorry your stay was less than enjoyable we strive to do the best that we can for our guest.. Sorry about the parking structure we have a few leaks that we are in the middle of repairing, we actually have tarps up to prevent the leakage but we have plenty of spots that are not leaking and a upper level. I am sorry that you feel that the front desk was rude , there is always a manager here and I am sorry that the message was not forward to us, I will have a discussion with the front desk staff to assure this will not happen again.. We are a older hotel and things happen that are out of our control, sorry your room did not have heat but we take care of the issue right away usually switching room or extra blankets, Being a older hotel some of the art work is older because we are a boutique hotel and want to keep the older photos of Milwaukee it adds character..

Once again I am very sorry that your stay was not enjoyable and I hope to extend to you again our hospitality and I will personally take care of your visit.. We are making great changes day by day little by little to get where we want to be...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

My first visit to Milwaukee was day two of my bachelor party. After the Cubs/Brewers game we stayed here, and had no complaints. They actually had a shuttle take us to Miller Park, which was awesome.

The hotel itself is right near the lake, so a great view. We walked down to the lake before dinner just to sight-see. After we returned from the bars-- we went upstairs to the balcony they have, sat at the table, enjoyed the view, and finished the rest of our cooler of beer.

There is also a parking garage for guests to use. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello

Thank you for your comments we really appreciate it!! I am very glad that your experience was great!! We strive to do the best that we can for our guest..

We hope to extend to you once again our hospitality... Let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable....

Sincerely.
Park East Hotel

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!