“Great Hotel. Jasmine at check in is amazing ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #43 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Anaheim, California
“Great Hotel. Jasmine at check in is amazing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While checking into the hotel Jasmine was absolutely amazing. She is very friendly and very knowledgeable about the hotel in the surrounding areas. I was visiting the city on business this trip but I would recommend this hotel for both business and vacation. I Had a great view of the lake and of the city as well. Great job Jasmine!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We are currently staying at the hotel. There is no where to park, even though we paid $15/night. Also, we came back and the hall was covered in blood. The staff did not care or bother to check. There is also so much pot smoking going on around me that I'm sure I'm high...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Findlay, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had several issues during a two night stay at this property. 1st the parking structure is an absolute nightmare, it needs a lot of maintenance and there was even a sign posted on the door not to park under the parking structure even though this is the only option for parking at the hotel! 2nd and the biggest issue of the whole hotel is the front desk and the attitudes of the guest service associates. Just down right nasty attitudes from everyone at the front desk, asked to speak to a manger two days in a row there was never one on the property and no one ever bothered to return my call. The heat in the first room that we checked into was not working at all, so instead of offering to move me rooms they offered me extra blankets....I had to raise a fuss to get a new room with proper heat. The décor is all over the place starting from stuff that looks like it could be dated from the last 80's all the way up until about 2005, not very clean and the elevators are a nightmare also. The only positive thing I have to say about my whole stay was housekeeping was on point and very friendly. Hotel Impossible and Anthony Melchiorri, this is a good one for you!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

My first visit to Milwaukee was day two of my bachelor party. After the Cubs/Brewers game we stayed here, and had no complaints. They actually had a shuttle take us to Miller Park, which was awesome.

The hotel itself is right near the lake, so a great view. We walked down to the lake before dinner just to sight-see. After we returned from the bars-- we went upstairs to the balcony they have, sat at the table, enjoyed the view, and finished the rest of our cooler of beer.

There is also a parking garage for guests to use. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

This hotel has changed hands several times over the past 10 years or so. The hotel name is back to what it was when we first stayed in the hotel around 10 years ago!! In all that time the only thing that changed was that they remodeled their bar/restaurant!! There has been nothing done to the hotel itself no matter who has owned it!! It's very rundown!! The rooms are clean enough but the wallpaper is pealing up and the hotel just needs a paint job or something!! It's not in a bad location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

Enjoyed our stay at the Park East. Location on the Eastside was awesome. Very satisfied with the room. Front Desk was very helpful and assisting. They were switching WiFi while we were there but got it done within a day. Would stay again and you cannot beat the price for the location. Will do it again during the Summer months!

Room Tip: ask to have a room overlooking the lakefront.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Hello

Thank you very much a wonderful review....
We strive to do the best that we can for our guest and appreciate all the comments that we receive.

Thank you again and hope to extend to you once again our hospitality in the near future...
If there is anything else I can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know!!!

Lisa Guibord
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015 via mobile

I booked this hotel with a "lake view" (for which I paid an additional charge) when my mom came to visit in January. The so called "lake view" was disappointing since we couldn't see the lake unless we basicaly pressed our faces to the glass and looked to the left. I booked the hotel well in advance and there was hardly anyone there when we checked in so I really can't imagine that was the best room they had. Nonetheless the room was OK. We had a microwave and mini fridge which always comes in handy and I was happy it came standard in the room. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the heat worked well. The bathroom was clean and came with products from Bath and Bodyworks.

We did have a couple drinks at the lobby bar our first night but sadly received terrible service. We both ordered margaritas on the rocks with salt but when it came time for a second round, the bartender didn't bother giving us fresh glasses with salted rims but instead just gave us a salt shaker. Annoying but didn't ruin my night. We wanted just one more drink before heading back to the room but there was no bartender to be seen. For about 5 minutes we we're looking around but then a different person came behind the bar and started serving the only 4 other people in the place. We waited with our empty glasses pushed away from us for 15 minutes!! We even tried waving but continued to go unnoticed. Finally! After having to shout "excuse me" from about 8 feet away we were noticed.

All in all the establishment wasn't too bad and we were actually looking forward to unwinding at the bar but after the first night we didn't want to go back.

I got a good deal on the room so it wasn't a total disappointment but next time I'll probably try somewhere else.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Hello

I am very sorry about what you have encountered during you stay with us...

I will address this at our meetings and make sure that we try our best not to let this happen again..

We strive to be the best that we can and your comments helps us do that...

Thank you for your comments and I hope to extend to you once again our hospitality please call me personally to make your next arrangement!!

Lisa Guibord

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!