“Think twice before staying here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Findlay, Ohio
“Think twice before staying here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had several issues during a two night stay at this property. 1st the parking structure is an absolute nightmare, it needs a lot of maintenance and there was even a sign posted on the door not to park under the parking structure even though this is the only option for parking at the hotel! 2nd and the biggest issue of the whole hotel is the front desk and the attitudes of the guest service associates. Just down right nasty attitudes from everyone at the front desk, asked to speak to a manger two days in a row there was never one on the property and no one ever bothered to return my call. The heat in the first room that we checked into was not working at all, so instead of offering to move me rooms they offered me extra blankets....I had to raise a fuss to get a new room with proper heat. The décor is all over the place starting from stuff that looks like it could be dated from the last 80's all the way up until about 2005, not very clean and the elevators are a nightmare also. The only positive thing I have to say about my whole stay was housekeeping was on point and very friendly. Hotel Impossible and Anthony Melchiorri, this is a good one for you!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first visit to Milwaukee was day two of my bachelor party. After the Cubs/Brewers game we stayed here, and had no complaints. They actually had a shuttle take us to Miller Park, which was awesome.

The hotel itself is right near the lake, so a great view. We walked down to the lake before dinner just to sight-see. After we returned from the bars-- we went upstairs to the balcony they have, sat at the table, enjoyed the view, and finished the rest of our cooler of beer.

There is also a parking garage for guests to use. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has changed hands several times over the past 10 years or so. The hotel name is back to what it was when we first stayed in the hotel around 10 years ago!! In all that time the only thing that changed was that they remodeled their bar/restaurant!! There has been nothing done to the hotel itself no matter who has owned it!! It's very rundown!! The rooms are clean enough but the wallpaper is pealing up and the hotel just needs a paint job or something!! It's not in a bad location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

Enjoyed our stay at the Park East. Location on the Eastside was awesome. Very satisfied with the room. Front Desk was very helpful and assisting. They were switching WiFi while we were there but got it done within a day. Would stay again and you cannot beat the price for the location. Will do it again during the Summer months!

Room Tip: ask to have a room overlooking the lakefront.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Hello

Thank you very much a wonderful review....
We strive to do the best that we can for our guest and appreciate all the comments that we receive.

Thank you again and hope to extend to you once again our hospitality in the near future...
If there is anything else I can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015 via mobile

I booked this hotel with a "lake view" (for which I paid an additional charge) when my mom came to visit in January. The so called "lake view" was disappointing since we couldn't see the lake unless we basicaly pressed our faces to the glass and looked to the left. I booked the hotel well in advance and there was hardly anyone there when we checked in so I really can't imagine that was the best room they had. Nonetheless the room was OK. We had a microwave and mini fridge which always comes in handy and I was happy it came standard in the room. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the heat worked well. The bathroom was clean and came with products from Bath and Bodyworks.

We did have a couple drinks at the lobby bar our first night but sadly received terrible service. We both ordered margaritas on the rocks with salt but when it came time for a second round, the bartender didn't bother giving us fresh glasses with salted rims but instead just gave us a salt shaker. Annoying but didn't ruin my night. We wanted just one more drink before heading back to the room but there was no bartender to be seen. For about 5 minutes we we're looking around but then a different person came behind the bar and started serving the only 4 other people in the place. We waited with our empty glasses pushed away from us for 15 minutes!! We even tried waving but continued to go unnoticed. Finally! After having to shout "excuse me" from about 8 feet away we were noticed.

All in all the establishment wasn't too bad and we were actually looking forward to unwinding at the bar but after the first night we didn't want to go back.

I got a good deal on the room so it wasn't a total disappointment but next time I'll probably try somewhere else.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Hello

I am very sorry about what you have encountered during you stay with us...

I will address this at our meetings and make sure that we try our best not to let this happen again..

We strive to be the best that we can and your comments helps us do that...

Thank you for your comments and I hope to extend to you once again our hospitality please call me personally to make your next arrangement!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

We booked this hotel to be near the Milwaukee Art Museum. It's walking distance, so seemed like a good choice. In addition, there's an on-site restaurant, which was good for Valentine's Day.
As a result, we suggested the friends we were meeting the second night should stay at the same location.

Our room was HOT. Okay, Hubby does HVAC and explained that the heat had been turned on "High" all day; we turned it off. Because it was extremely cold, the A/C would not run. That being said, the cold outside air temperature should have allowed our room to cool off. It never did get below about 80, and I'm being generous. We asked other guests if they were having the same problem - they were. After overhearing unresolved complaints to the front desk, we figured there was no point in asking for help; it was a boiler issue The room smelled quite musty (air quality issue??).

The pillows are toss pillow sized - four for a queen bed. So...roll over and you're off your pillow!

Wow, the internet service was so slow, it was better to use our cellphone as a hot spot, or the 4G.

We had an 8pm arrival on Friday night, so did not stop for supper; we were hungry! No problem, there is info about their AURA restaurant online, on signs near entrances, at AND IN the elevators. After unpacking, with thoughts of letting our room cool down, we went down to the restaurant/bar. There was a Valentine's Day/ Friday the 13th lingerie, adult "toy" party going on behind a curtain. We were invited to join (no thanks). I don't think this had anything to do with the bar, it was just weird! Well, Lo and Behold - they no longer serve food. I suggested they get a Sharpie and "fix" their signs...literally all over the hotel. We were given "order in" menus. We ordered Jimmy Johns and ate it in the bar. OUR ROOM WAS STILL HOT!!

Because of the weather, we decided to Taxi over to the museum. It was a good working solution and we had no problems with the $15 / day parking.

The continental breakfast was fine. We were able to crack a window too!

Our room had a working refrigerator, microwave (with charging station), TV, coffeemaker and hair dryer - no issues there.

After the first night, we left a note w/ our gratuity to please turn off the heat in our friend's room (we specifically gave them the room number). Upon our return, their heat was on, our note still there (but not the gratuity) and the shower was not cleaned. It wasn't "dirty", it just makes one think of what else hasn't been cleaned in the room.

Alas, inviting our friends to join us at this gem of a property was EMBARASSING. They're choosing next time!

Room Tip: Pick one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Hello

Thank you for your feed back!!! I am very sorry for what you have encountered during your stay... I was here on valentines and would have made your stay more enjoyabale if I would have heard about these problems.... I will talk with the housekeeping department about some of these issue... I am very sorry and never wanted you to have such an experience...
I am very sorry about the restaurant not be open we are remodeling it at this time...

Once again I am very sorry but appreciate your feed back!!! I will take a look more carefully at these things..

Oak Lawn, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

As we were only staying overnight and essentially just needed a place to shower and sleep, I wasn't looking for high-end amenities but I did expect the room to be at least comfortable. It was so uncomfortably HOT in our room that it was hard even to get dressed to combat the below zero temps outside, let alone sleep, and it stayed that way even though I turned the heat off immediately when we got in the room. I called the front desk and was told we could be moved to a different room, but not 10 minutes before (while I was checking in) had heard the front desk staff apologizing to someone over the phone because, although the website showed available rooms, they were sold out. If they were sold out, how was my party going to be moved to another room? Besides, the other half of our party was on the same floor, so we elected to keep our sauna and try to make the best of it as it was only over night. Overall, it was a great trip and I would probably stay here again, just not in the winter. I do also want to address the parking situation: there is an off-street "parking deck" that is well marked with signage stating that they are under construction and there is a problem with lime dripping onto cars in the lower deck and you are parking at your own risk. The upper deck is set up to be "stacked parking" with 3 deep spaces and you leave your keys with the desk so they can move your car to let others out. Because the location of the hotel is mostly a residential neighborhood on the lakefront, it could be worse, they could leave guests at the mercy of the street parking or have a valet that has to run all over the neighborhood to track down cars. This deck is not the best, but better than nothing.

Oh, and if I remember right, there is a slight up charge for a "lake view" room (which I paid). Our room faced an apartment building to the south, but if you looked to the left (east) you could see the lake so, technically, it had a lake view. If you pay the up charge and think you're getting a full-on, straight out the window view of the lake, you probably aren't.

Room Tip: In the winter months, when you know they will have the heat on in the rooms, call the morning of you...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hello

I am very sorry for what you have encountered during your stay with us...

The building is older and has a older heating units it only has cold or heat not both, we could have moved your room but I understand that you did not want to move, We are in the middle of construction in our parking lot to make it better , We did not build it and trying to do the best with what we have, sorry for any incovienece this may have caused you.

We strive to do the best that we can to make it better for our guest.. Your feed back is important to us and our staff..

Once again I am sorry for what you have encountered please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your future stay more pleasant..

Park East Hotel

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!