“Thanks to Park East for a great family adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
New York
“Thanks to Park East for a great family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There was no doubt going in that this hotel was the best value, but felt at ease when I found out that many accomadations could be made for my 3 year old son. They gave me a list of fun activities and places kids eat (..that I still enjoyed). We we to Harley and did some downtown shopping after the continental breakfast we were given in the morning.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Forida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In October I reserved a room and then canceled the room. I was billed for the room anyway. The GM was called NUMEROUS times. She NEVER called me back. What kind of Manager doesn't return 10 phone calls. One that doesn't care. If they are that hard up for cash that they would steal your money and not return calls about the incident.....I question just how long these folks are going to stay in business. Read the reviews about customer service at this Hotel. It all starts at the the top of the management chain. Shame on you.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel new years eve. We stayed on the 1st floor and the room was fine for night. Another couple that stayed the night and were on the 4th floor. Room air conditioning did not work and it got pretty hot in the room. The parking structure was a total mess. All lower level has tarpes hanging from the top. From reading previous reviews I knew not to park there. I am surprise that a hotel would continue doing business like this. If you dont want to park on street or lower level - check in early. Parking is limited.
Upon check out I was behind a couple who were complaining that their room was dirty and staff did nothing the day before. I did witness how useless the staff was. The couple asked to speak to a manager and was told none was available. When the man requested that a manager be called the employee advised that he knew the manager would not answer the phone. The employee also told the guy yeah I dont like working here. (Indian man). When I called to verify my reservation the lady who answered the phone seem inconvenienced that I called and felt the need to end her personal conversation with another employee before even starting greeting to answer the phone. Employees need to be retrained and hire a couple of managers, so one is available at ALL times to resolve issues or train the employees to do so! The hotel is okay but CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS. If you stay here hopefully you wont need any additional assistance from staff if so you will be disappointed.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments!!!

I am very sorry about the heating issue that you encontered, we have a older system in which we can only have air condition or heat.... At this time of season we have is heat.... Some rooms may be hotter that others and we could have moved you to a more comfortable room.. The parking structure is in the middle of repairs but is open for our guest to park .. Our parking is first come first serve being a downtown property Parking can be limited but we always find parking as I left at 4am there were some parking spots available... I notice that you mention that a couple before you were complaining about our staff.... We actually spoke with those guest as well and they said that they were pleased with the staff and nothing was said of that kind.. I am sorry that you feel that our service was unacceptable and we will make sure that all staff respond immediatly to complaints....We as managers are on call 24 hours a day and the staff is aware that we answer all phone calls... the gentalmen that was behind the desk on New Years day was actually the Front desk Supervior and is a manager when we are not present...

I am very sorry about your stay!!
Hope to extend to you once again our hospitality!!!!

Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

This is not a bad hotel. It just is not nice to the point you would recommend it. It is old. The room (bed area was updated and in moderately good condition. The bath room was more the size and style you would find in a old Route 6, motor hotel for $45. There was no counter top in the bath, just little shelves on the wall. So both my wife and I had to leave our bath stuff in the room and make 20 trips back and forth to get each item. The bath tile is old and not super clean. The common areas are not super clean. They have done things like in the hall they used 1/2x6 flat pine boards for trim at the ceiling instead of a milled moldings. Likely cost the same but it appears no one cares how it looks. The shower head was nice with good flow and lots of hot water. We paid $75. For a downtown hotel that is a good price. We would go again if we had a event at the hotel, otherwise, we would spend more and get a lot nicer place. It appeared they only had one elevator working and it was really really slow and dirty.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments!!!

We are new managment for about 1 year now and repairing alot of the hotel little by little... We care alot about the hotel and before we came there were managment that did not care as much and we are trying to fix it up but it takes time.... We take pride in our hotel and try to do the best that we can..... I am sorry that you encountered the problems that you did and we will try to fix them...

Once again thank you for your comments and hope to extend to you once again our hospitality!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

My husband I really loved this place. We all came to WI to visit our parents and stayed at the Park East. They were very accommodating and put all of our rooms together so that we could spend time with each other without having to go to other floors. We had a cute room and it was very clean. We were very close downtown to all the main restaurants and activities. I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hello

Thank you so much for your comments we strive to do the best that we can and we care about our Guest...

I hope to extend to you once again our hospitality in the furture and if you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me....

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I were seeking an affordable hotel on the Eastside of Milwaukee, and this one fit the bill. I actually used to live in a historic hotel right around the corner from this one a few years ago (Plaza Hotel), so I was very familiar with the area. We found this one last minute listed for $67 (pre-tax) for the night. It was the cheapest deal we found aside from hotels located on the rougher side of Milwaukee.

There really wasn't much to consider - the place was cheap and located right where we wanted to be - near our brewery tour and close to Brady Street area.

I read some reviews before going, and had relatively low expectations for this place. We were staying one night and going to be out the entire night, so we didn't care too much about the hotel amenities. Funny enough, the most recent review I read was written a week earlier(11/14/14 I think), and it said the girl at the front desk seemed to hate her job. Now I want to reiterate here: my girlfriend and I had low expectations and are generally very unparticular people. That being said, the review we had read before reserving about the lackluster service was spot on - the girl at the front desk did not even greet us. My girlfriend finally said 'hello', and then she hardly replied back with a 'hi'. She didn't ask if we were checking in or what we needed, so I said "Hi, we're here to check in." She grudgingly proceeded to help us. She didn't smile - ever. She didn't make any eye contact. She didn't ask us anything about our trip or attempt to make even the smallest small-talk. Once she had us checked in, she had no follow up 'let us know if you need anything' - instead she was just awkwardly quiet and unwelcoming.

She really killed our mood for the next 20 minutes. We hardly ever get hotel rooms. We're not super well-to-do, so this was a once or twice a year kind of occasion for us, and she put a damper on it for a short while. As we walked to take the elevator, a sketchy man reeking walked out, and the elevator was clearly filled with pungent ganja odor. I wouldn't even mention this detail, but it seemed that he was the front desk girl's boyfriend, because we saw him later on waiting around the front desk.

I work in customer service and greatly enjoy interacting with people, and I was appalled by how unwelcoming the service was from the front desk girl was. My girlfriend and I wanted to tell her to cheer up, but she was clearly an unfriendly person. I don't understand how the hotel manager hired this girl to work at this hotel, but I do know it made us decide to spring a few more dollars for the nearby Astor Hotel next time. We're very friendly people, and we just wanted to feel a little bit welcomed.

The other details about the hotel: it was very mediocre, which was expected from the price-point - I would have rated it 'average' to 'good' and probably returned if it weren't for the horrible customer service.

Stayed 11/26/14.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments!!!

I am very sorry that you encountered such horriable customer service, I assure you that all our staff are very friendly and pleasant, I did speak with the girl that you encountered with to make sure this does not happen again because everyone is very friendly.... Maybe caught her on a bad day but still that is no excuse...

Once again I am very sorry and hope to extend to you once again our hospitality... If you need anything next time please contact me...

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. So I've separated them into a list of pros and cons.
Pros:
- the price was affordable
- parking was in the back and only $10 a day
- the location was convenient and in walking distance to good bars, restaurants and activities

Cons:
- the hotel is very outdated and has musty smell
- out bathroom was very small and needed a renovation
- the room was really warm/stuffy even though it was cold outside and we didn't have the heat on
- the pillows were awful, they were probably the smallest bed pillows I've come across and they were very flat (bring your own if you can)
- there's a continental breakfast that they call "Deluxe"- we went to investigate but it didn't seem appealing
- when we checked in the girl at the front desk seemed pretty indifferent to being there. The other people we talked to were friendly.

Overall the stay wasn't bad but if you're looking for modern touches, this probably isn't the place for you.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello

I am sorry about the issues that you encountered during your stay with us....... We are a older hotel and everyday we have been trying to renovate little by little.... We are new managment that took over a year ago and trying to make the changes that we need to do .... Bathrooms are small and we will renovate them within the next two years but them being small is just the way that they were built but we will be making changes to them... The rooms can be stuffy if you have the heat on all day in a little room, Next time please inform the front desk and we will be able to correct the problem as soon as we can.. The pillows are new and standard size some are bigger that others... Sorry that they did not meet your standards.. Our breakfast is one of our best ammentiites that lots enjoy complimentary if there is anything you think we need to change in the breakfast please let us know we love recommendations from our guest....

Thank you again for your comments it does help us strive for the best...
Hope to extend to you once again in the future our hospitality...

Park East Hotel

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!