“You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. So I've separated them into a list of pros and cons.
Pros:
- the price was affordable
- parking was in the back and only $10 a day
- the location was convenient and in walking distance to good bars, restaurants and activities

Cons:
- the hotel is very outdated and has musty smell
- out bathroom was very small and needed a renovation
- the room was really warm/stuffy even though it was cold outside and we didn't have the heat on
- the pillows were awful, they were probably the smallest bed pillows I've come across and they were very flat (bring your own if you can)
- there's a continental breakfast that they call "Deluxe"- we went to investigate but it didn't seem appealing
- when we checked in the girl at the front desk seemed pretty indifferent to being there. The other people we talked to were friendly.

Overall the stay wasn't bad but if you're looking for modern touches, this probably isn't the place for you.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first stay at the hotel, while not luxurious, it was very comfortable. The location was great. Work was being done on the parking structure for repairs, not a bad thing... they were fixing the issue. I recommend paying for parking due to lack of parking spaces around the hotel. This was my first trip to Milwaukee but I will be going back (my niece just married and moved their). I will plan on staying at this hotel again. It is great for the price and location. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was very normal for this type hotel. Milk was ice cold. Can walk to the water. Late night front desk staff could have been friendlier but other that that had no problems.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was really nice for the money I spent. The total room with taxes was only $74 and I got a spacious, clean room, with a lot of sunlight. I ate until I was full downstairs at breakfast and the food was actually very tasty. They had egg and cheese omelets and bagels...which is amazing for a hotel to have for free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed staying here. The room was nice with a view of the lake and the staff was accommodating. I looked at other hotels and frankly this hotel can not be beat for the money you spend on the room. There is a gym (which I always look for), free secure wifi, and a great breakfast. The breakfast had everything too. There was Eggs, omelettes, bagels, cereal, milk and coffee all for free!!! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms on the left side...great lake view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was completely inept and unhelpful. TV was so dark we could not watch it because we could not figure out to adjust it, and neither could the staff. Actually, they were unwilling to try. There was several hairs in the bathroom that were not our, the HBO schedule was out of date, and the were no drinking classes in the room. I could go on but why?

• Stayed November 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have come to Milwaukee virtually every Autumn since 2008, and I have stayed at this hotel (it was previously a Comfort Inn) each time, mainly because of the location. Over the years I have watched the hotel become increasingly worse, while the rates have risen. This time was by far my worst stay there.

I made my reservation somewhat late, so had to take a suite (I recognize this is on me). While the room was large it was exceedingly hot, so much so that even in the first half hour I was there before going out for the evening I was dizzy and uncomfortable. The air conditioning unit did not function. Also the elevator call button down from Floor 4 wasn't lighting, so I took the stairs. On my way out I asked at the desk to have the heat lowered; when I returned several hours later it was still hot, and yet another trip down - this time on the elevator, which had apparently been repaired - where I learned that due to the season the air conditioning unit had been disabled, and there would be only heat.

I spent about three hours tossing and turning in the extreme heat, taking showers every fifteen minutes or so and wetting washcloths to try and cool. Eventually I took a look at the air unit and managed to re-enable it by a switch. Still, it took several more hours for the room to cool.

Finally, my key card was deactivated multiple times; I understand that this happens, but it was an inconvenience to have to go all the way back down to have my card recharged. Desk service aided me but was not especially friendly - each time I went to speak I felt as if they were vaguely annoyed by my presence.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Searched every hotel in area, this was best cost wise. When we arrived we had trouble finding street parking. Hotel dose have parking for extra $10 per night. Staff were very helpful and nice. Place was clean for hotel standards. Be ware of elevators they are tricky but very funny he he. The free breakfast was very good. Room had nice size fridge and microwave. They are small, hardly enough room to add a cot or sleep more guests on floor. Location is walking distance to most bars. Or cab fare is less than $10 to get to most breweries or local places. They charge a rate and $1 per person which is normal. This cab driver was very nice but English is not the best. 1 414-271-1800 he shows up really fast!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!