“Continental breakfast was phenomenal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #41 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Continental breakfast was phenomenal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in Milwaukee for a brewers game in July, and needed a pet friendly hotel for the new puppy. This place came up in our search on hotels.com. The extra pet fee $40 was not bad at all.

The rooms are a little outdated, but funny outdated. I felt like I walked into a bad 80s movie.

The bartenders at the bar were great. They let you take drinks out on the patio. Real cool little hotel.

And as the title suggests. Phenomenal breakfast food. Cheesy egg sandwiches were great. Will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

We strive to do the best that we can!!! Your comments helps us do that..

We are updating a few things at our hotel this fall and hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the near future...

Thank you!

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My travel mate booked a guest room with double beds for the night before Warped Tour. The room was comfortable, clean, equipped with decent toiletries, an adequate amount of towels, and in-room tv/coffee pot. There is a paid-to-park parking garage right behind the hotel. It was very quiet and just what we needed for the night. The hotel bar was good too - fairly inexpensive and very friendly service. I'd recommend this hotel to others visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you very much for your comments...

I am glad that your stay was enjoyable!!

I appreciate your comments and hope you stay with us again in the near future..

Thanks again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel previously when it was a comfort suites and was not impressed due to cleanliness of room & safety due to maid leaving hotel door open after she had cleaned. Hotel has now changed to Park East so decided to give it another try & it continues to have problems. Lower level garage dripped white spots all over my truck & many others from roof of garage. Desk staff was well aware of issue in that they kept a bottle of vinegar & water & rags behind desk for you to clean your car with when brought to their attention. 1/2 hour later of cleaning hood of my vehicle and spots removed & received no apology or offer of compensation, then had to wait for spot to open on upper level to move my vehicle so as not for it to happen again. Next came room key problems: 3 rooms reserved in our party & everyday of a 4 day stay everyone had to return to front desk in that all the room keys would not work day to day. Midnight desk clerk 'Scott' was the most unsympathetic to our issue stating it happens. Ice machine was also out of order on our floor all 4 days creating an inconvenience. Lastly, day 4 of our stay we wake up to absolutely 0 hot water in the shower. Desk clerk says they are having water tank issues & it was being looked at with no time frame of being fixed. Had to check out with no morning shower & again no apology from desk staff. The hotel & staff hospitality is lacking to say to the least. The only thing this hotel has in its favor which is why I gave it 2 stars is strictly for the location of being able to walk to summerfest, lakefront & the rooftop access for sitting outside. If that is not a priority for you I would recommend looking elsewhere for hotel commendations as will we on our next visit.

Room Tip: If room is on 5th floor, you may want to check if ice machine is working if you will need ice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us...

The two major problems that you encountered we are fixing immediatly... I am very sorry that you had a bad experience staying with us, We take your comments seriously and want to do the best that we can. At this time we are installing a new lock system which we are excited about and will eliminate key issues, we also are doing the parking lot this fall, with new managment we are aware of these issues and taking the neccssary measurements to correct these issues...

Once again I am very sorry about the issues and hope you will try our hospitality once again in the near future.

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our room was clean and quiet. And the price was right, since we were only using it to sleep. There were many local night-life spots in the area that we were able to walk to after Summerfest closed that evening.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your comments we really appreciate it!!!

I am glad your stay was enjoyable!!!

I hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the near future...

Salem, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went this weekend, which was the final weekend for Summerfest. Great walking distance to the festival grounds, about 15-20 minutes. The hotel had a shuttle but it stopped at 9:45 PM (boo). They are located within just a few blocks of MSOE as well.

When we arrived, the room we had booked wasn't available, but they quickly moved us up a class of rooms. While we were upgraded, the room still felt dated. We got a king jacuzzi suite, and the mini bar space was nice, but you could tell it wasn't the best built design. The bathroom had no fan, but was very large and plenty spacious for our needs. The furniture was also dated, and there were some stains on the desk chair seat that I felt just totally uncomfortable sitting in.

The TV was an okay size for the living space, and while it was in view from the bed, it should have been a bit larger to make it work for the entire suite. The toilet was oddly placed in its space, but an easy to adapt situation. The carpet was in adequate shape and seemed clean in the room, but in the hall, they could stand to replace / upgrade / deep clean.

With a little more attention to furniture and cleanliness, they could do really well!

Room Tip: Go above the 3rd floor for a view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello

Thank you very much for your comments !!! I will take your comments into considerations and start renovating the Suites this Fall we are actually planning on renovations in Hallways also this Fall and Winter...

Once again Thank you for your comments and we will strive to do the best that we can to better serve our guest.

I hope to extend to you once again our hospitality in the near future...

Bloomingdale, Illinois, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is okay, kind of run down. We were only there for one night due to Summerfest and it was close enough to walk, which was nice. It definitely wasn't a "nice" hotel, but it was nice enough for a cheap night. The rooftop is awesome, and the little lounge looked nice too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your comments!!!

I appreciate your comments and it helps us better serve our guest. I am glad you liked our rooftop and Lounge.

I hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the near future...

Have a great Day!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My experience with this hotel is two-fold. I've had close friends who stayed at this hotel who not only complained about the dirty hotel rooms, but also had their car damaged by dripping lye in their parking garage. This particular incident happened a year ago, and with my recent experience with them, all they have done to rectify this issue was put up a tarp in the garage.

This past weekend I've had my laptop bag containing very personal work items worth over 2k stolen from this hotel. Unlike every other hotel door I've ever encountered, this particular hotel room door did not shut all the way. When I complained about the theft initially and the broken door, the desk receptionist merely said that they have a couple of doors like that and we should have just pulled them completely closed.

In addition to this, the hotel room was dirty. There was a stain on the bed, someone else's deodorant on the floor and the bathroom is tiny.

I've tried contacting their manager about said theft numerous times, but it has gotten to the point where I suspect he is avoiding my calls.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, but if you're looking to stay at this hotel and want my opinion, stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If you have to stay at this awful hotel, make sure you close your door all the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello

Thank you for your comments!
I am very sorry that you had encountered a horriable stay with us, I am very sorry to hear this. All our doors do close tight but sometimes with the humidity it stick in which you should make sure all doors are closed completely, If you things were stolen I hope you filled out a incident report and a police report.. We have never had anything stolen from rooms before. The Parking ramp is getting repaired that is why we have the tarps on we just could not do anything when the hotel is full of guest so we keep working on it while the hotel is slow.. Reagrding the housekeeping issues, If I would of know about these issues I would of fixed the issues immediatly....

Once again I am very sorry anout the encounters that you had and hope you will try our hotel again in the furture...

Park East Hotel

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!