“Oh well” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park East Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park East Hotel to your Saves list
Park East Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 E State St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #48 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
WRIGHTSVILLE
“Oh well”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Definately needs some housekeeping adjustments....wallpaper was falling off wall...air conditioner vents were falling off AC unit.....Bed spread had burn holes in it....by the way it was a non-smoking room... potato chips on floor when we checked in...staff was superb and friendly and professional...located in nice part of city near lake Michigan but was not overly impressed...i would give them another try but would request immediate refund if it hasn't gotten better...beds were new and clean except the bedspread

Room Tip: request a room on front side of building so you have a nice view at least.......i had the parking lo...

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm really glad I didn't read the reviews before I came. I had to be in Milwaukee and most of the other places downtown were booked up. The reason this was available is because it's not that nice. But for $119/night, I can't complain that much. Room and parts of the hotel are definitely dated. Ceiling on 5th floor was low and sagging. I found the staff helpful and friendly. The location is actually rather nice, right near the lake and parks. From roof, you have a terrific view of the lake.

Breakfast items were basic, but would have been fine, except that the quality was problematic. The raisins in the raisin bran were like pebbles. The bagels were half stale. I suspect this was not the first time on display for much of the food.

I would not stay here again if I could avoid it, but again, you get what you pay for. For what it's worth, I never felt unsafe and the other guests seemed fine.

They seem to be upgrading areas of the hotel, but unfortunately the outside is incredibly ugly and I doubt you can do much about it. Good luck. Probably should blow up and start over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth K, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear valued guest,
We appreciate feedback like yours to help us improve. We have been making renovation and updates throughout the hotel. We hope guests like yourself come back and visit our hotel again.

Wayne Issleb
General manager
Rhinelander, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place was bad...I have never written a review before but have never been so motivated to do so. Had my kindle stolen...had to call three times before I was given the line that it could not be found. The room smelled of old smoke and there were cigarette stains on the bath. The stairwell was wet and hallway smelled of mold. When I tried to check out they told me that the room I was staying in was "unoccupied". I would keep going (coffee maker, tv...etc, etc) but it is not worth it...just don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wayne I, General Manager at Park East Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We value you feedback very much.
We will address these issues with our staff. Currently we have ongoing renovations to improve our guest experience. I apologize we did not meet your expectations and hope you return to our hotel.
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn a few years ago, and because I thought it was getting a little “worn”, had decided not to return. However, I heard that changes were in progress, and since I love the location, I decided to give it another try.
I was there this April 2013 and was delighted to see the improvements from the moment I walked in the door. I like the new lobby furniture, the cozy sitting area, the restaurant make-over (love the old photos of Milwaukee), the lobby coffee service area and the knowledge and friendliness of staff. The front desk associate made some great suggestions for my stay and provided me with helpful maps and materials, and the new general manager took the time to explain the exciting hotel enhancements planned for this year.
My room was extremely clean, the maids obviously took extra time and special care to beautifully fold the towels (nice touch), the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the view through the spacious picture window was spectacular, and the extensive hot continental breakfast was a wonderful surprise.
Since business brings me to Milwaukee once a month, I am looking forward to enjoying the planned changes as they come to life.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for the positive feedback. As you noticed, we have been making some changes around the hotel to improve the appearance. our goal is to provide the best customer service and guest experience. We are happy to hear you have returned!
up north
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Do NOT stay here!! You will have your room broken into and nobody will care. But why would they when they're all in it together. Wish I woulda been packin that night. And I don't mean my suitcase. Please, for your own good, stay away. And I really wish the staff would read this, but I'm sure they can't because you have to have an IQ above a 3 year old, and they don't. The only reason I put a rating of 1 instead of 0 is it wouldn't let me post without something. Pissed off!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Davenport, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a problem with the connected bar. When we went to the front desk and told them how we were threatened they told us just not to worry and to avoid the bar. The rooms were poor quality with having to slam the doors shut and the bathroom doors would not lock. The only pleasant thing from this hotel was Will the shuttle driver, the only nice helpful employee that was here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night of 01/19/13, and it was great! There was a reserved party that took place in the club Aura that is attached. Nice decor, VERY FRIENDLY staff. Amanda, and Luke were AWESOME! I had a suite with an adjoining room, very comfortable, no issues. Police were there at some point during the night, however Im not sure for what. Great drink specials. I feel the club is underutilized and can be revived, but the party there that night was GREAT.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Park East Hotel? Share your experiences!