“Great location, great for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great location, great for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I arrived late into MKE and called the shuttle for the Hyatt Place, which is literally at the entrance to the airport. Even though it was about 12:30 am, the shuttle arrived in less than 5 minutes. The hotel was clean, neat and had extremely friendly staff. You can get a select number of items prepared at the bar and available for you to take to your room 24/7. They also have a bar with beer, wine and cocktails that opens each evening. The rooms are large with a sitting room that has a large sofa, desk, etc. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed watching the comings and goings of the airport. Despite being right at the airport, the room is quiet. I heard airplanes maybe twice in the two nights I spent at the hotel.

One interesting thing - by no fault of the hotel, the electricity went off at a few minutes after 3 am the first night I was there. I woke up and realized the room was very quiet. My lights wouldn't turn on, so I looked out the window and realized all the lights were out across the airport. (I discovered the next day that more than 3,000 people were without electricity.) Despite this, the hotel hallways were very well lit from the emergency lighting. I stayed in my room, went back to sleep and it was fine when I woke the next morning, but it was definitely a comfort to know that even in a power loss, the hotel was secure and well lit.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers, especially with the FREE wifi, but it is also great for families. There are ample tables downstairs for eating and there is a complimentary breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on one of the upper floors to ensure it's quiet. A view over the airport...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Slaniergraham

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt on our way back to Arizona as we are Hyatt Members and actually got this room for free. Very comfortable,and clean as most Hyatts are and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Very close to airport without the airport noise.

Room Tip: Not sure, we stayed on the third floor - there arent too many floors in this hotel and our room as g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here as we were passing through Milwaukee. The location was very convenient, easy to get to from the freeway. The landscaping and flowers were beautiful as you walked up to the entrance. Nice young man that checked us in. No problems with the room. I'm actually giving this a 5 as it was so nice to see the pretty landscaping going into the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank P-TDI
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This airport is right across the road from MKE airport so super-convenient if that's what you need. It is so well sound-proofed that you hear very little outside noise.

Grounds and building are very well maintained. It was in a nice area where I felt safe. I didn't see anything that was messy or out of order and the staff was extremely friendly. The lobby is very homey and they offer a kitchenette & seating area that's always open, along with free Wi-Fi (no password), an area to access the internet/print boarding passes, a bar/coffee area that serves Starbucks beverages, and what they call the "gallery" which is essentially food service. There's a display case that's available 24/7 that carries salads, light snacks, beverages, etc. In addition, you can call for "gallery service" instead of room service--same thing except you have to go down to the front desk to get your order. The food we ordered was quite good, although overpriced--$26 for an order of nacho chips w/ queso, a bowl of chili, and a bacon cheeseburger with fruit. No drinks or dessert. However, considering I could eat my supper in my sweats in my room in front of the TV after a lonnnnnng day of driving instead of getting dressed and trying to find my way around a strange city, was worth it.

The room was extremely clean and well-maintained. Super clean white linens with a lot of little amenities like fridge, 42" HD TV, hair dryer, blackout shades all made for a very enjoyable stay! My only complaint, and it's only my opinion, were the pillows. Very fluffy but I'm used to memory foam, so I had a hard time getting comfortable.

The free breakfast is wonderful. They have the kitchenette area filled with choices; your typical cold cereal, muffins and bagels to pancakes and these hot egg-sandwich type things which were yummy. Starbucks coffee, tea, OJ, etc. Definitely more than I expected when I saw there was a "free breakfast" :D

We didn't get a chance to try out the pool or fitness center, but I would assume they were equally nice. I don't get to Milwaukee very often but I would definitely stay here again. Very nice!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank feelinDC
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Hyatt Place 4 hours before our check in time due to our friend's flight time. I was sure they wouldn't have a room for us because we were so early but I decided to give it a shot.

Upon entering, the front desk staff immediately greeted me and asked what they could do for me. I told them our story of how we were just starting our honeymoon and needed to make sure our out of town guest got to her flight safely but we needed a rest because of the long drive and exhaustion from the wedding the night before. She looked up my reservation and said "I can get you a room right now!" I was floored. She got us all set up and told us about all the features of the hotel- free breakfast, free wifi throughout the hotel with no password needed, a business center, and bar area with drinks and a small menu of food.

Since we just had a long drive and it was lunch time, we decided to order some food. Great prices, amazing tasting food.

Getting our guest to the airport was so easy. It's just minutes away! Outside, you can watch planes taking off and landing. But once inside, you hear nothing. In fact, it was TOO quiet. We ran the a/c and a fan we had brought from home just to cover the quiet. haha

We don't know the area well so we asked the hotel to help us find supper. They suggested some place that delivers and pulled out menus from tons of restaurants! Now that's service!

The room itself is a great size. There is a King sized bed, sleeper sofa, desk area, mini fridge, and huge tv. The bathroom tub is a great size. As mentioned above, the room was very quiet. We heard nothing. The bed was so comfy, I didn't want to get up!

Breakfast was free, hot and fresh!

I have no complaints about this hotel. We are already planning our next trip back to Milwaukee and planning to stay here! Way to go Hyatt Place!

Stayed July 2014
Rochelle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Hotel and room was very clean. No problems at all. The room was a 2 queen bed and it was extremely spacious. Beds were comfortable. Perfect for a family of four. Could not hear planes at all. I highly recommend this place!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We chose this location because it was just a short drive to downtown Milwaukee. It didn't occur to me when we were there, but when we were inside, it just wasn't obvious that we were across the street from the airport. Our room was on the top floor, and we were never bothered by noise.
The wonderful staff, great food and clean, spacious room exceeded our expectations. The breakfast included nice egg sandwiches that varied by day, a juice bar, yogurt, cereal, pastries and toast. Of course there were coffee and tea, which i think were available all day. While there wasn't room service, you could order from the 24 hour Grab & Go area. When we ordered our BBQ Chicken Flatbread at 1 am, the courteous staff just gave us a ring when it was done. It was very good.
I never had trouble with the included wi-fi.
The pool was a good bonus. It was indoor and pretty much empty while we were there. Thankfully there were towels available in the pool area, too.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was quiet, clean and modern.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple