“Not your typical airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get 15% off
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Denver, Colorado
“Not your typical airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

While this hotel may be right next to the airport I never heard one airplane when in my room. It held up the standards I expect from a Hyatt Place hotel with comfortable rooms, clean common areas and good breakfasts. My only negative from this trip is they made me pay in advance and they ran the rates way up due to Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leonia, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times and this summer we stayed on the front and back ends of our vacation. We were welcomed like "old friends." The rooms were immaculate and quiet. Breakfast was always hot and delicious -- although for me and my family, who hail from the East Coast, the coffee was a bit weak. The lobby gave us the perfect place to visit with family and it was a nice surprise to see that food was available (my 20-something sons were with us) 24/7!

We were able to take advantage of a AAA rate, though had to commit both rooms up front, which was not an issue.

Of course, complimentary WI-FI was a great plus for the entire family!

We can wait to come back next summer or whenever have a chance to "come home" next.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, in the corner in the back to enjoy a quiet stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very nice well thought out rooms and hotel! Very nice free breakfast spread! Very friendly people! Close to airport but not too close. Pool is usual not used , so it's like your own private pool! Lots of corporate types stay here but family friendly too!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a family reunion based on reviews I read. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite. We stayed for two nights and the floor we stayed on was very quiet. There was a variety to choose from for breakfast and they offered scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, toast, fruit, hot tea or coffee, milk, juice, and donuts.

The hotel room was very spacious with include a sectional couch and ottoman. There was a 42" inch television in the room with a panel where you can plug in other accessories like DVD, blu ray, and cell phone. The bed was very comfortable and I love the wall panel that separates the bedroom area from the sitting area.

The only reason I did not give this hotel a five star rating is because I ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my six year old and it cost me seven dollars but the bread was so hard my child did not want to eat it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oak Park IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place - Milwaukee Airport. It was my first time at this location and my first time at a Hyatt Place. I can tell you for sure I was blown away by what a nice experience I had.

First about the Hyatt Place concept in general. Whoever came up with this idea needs to get a gold star. I really nice looking hotel, with surprising amenities and features. I love the quality of the materials and fixtures in the rooms, the layout of the rooms and the food and drink offerings.

I didn't stay here for business, but can say this would be a just about perfect business hotel.

The specifics of this hotel are that it was clean, the staff was great and the location was perfect for me.

After staying here, I literally searched Google for the location of other Hyatt Place properties to stay at! This is now my go-to hotel in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wasn't sure if I wanted to stay so close to the airport in Milwaukee. We stayed two nights and we will return. The rooms were large, with small desk for commuter, large sofa, reading area separate from sleeping by a low, decorative wall, and all very, very clean and quiet. We couldn't even here the planes that were flying in an out of the airport. The complimentary breakfast was terrific for anyone that wants to eat a healthy breakfast or wishes to indulge in pancakes or waffles, not the make your own. The buffet breakfast includes: fresh fruit, fruit salad, good dark bread, above the average orange juice, good coffee, large tea selections, granola, yogurt, eggs (scrambled one day), and the above mentioned waffles or pancakes.

Easy access to downtown Milwaukee if one wish to see the great museum. One can park a car at the hotel and pay only a little extra for the parking and then fly out from the airport.

All-in-all one of the best "chain" hotels we have stayed in near any airport in the US.
Staff are very friendly and know the area well. Will help you in anyway and actual make special meals for late night guest. What more can you wish for at $201.74 for two nights!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, facing south and had a view of...........well the airport parking. The ro...
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton honors member, but alas there was nothing available anywhere in the Milwaukee metro area. I expanded my search to include my second loyalty affiliation, Marriott, but alas the only rooms available for this past weekend were north of $300. Yikes. I have little experience with the Hyatt chain, and used trip advisor to see what others thought after seeing this hotel had availability at high, but less than crazy rates. After reading some reviews, it appeared ok, not great, but adequate.
Upon my afternoon arrival I found the staff welcoming. Check in was a non event, I think maybe 60 seconds, and I was off with room keys in hand. On site parking is free. Our room was spacious, maybe due to it being a corner room at the end of the hotel. It was very clean and well maintained in every aspect. Housekeeping and building maintenance should be proud; a job well done.
Finally, we had to arise very early the next morning, 3:30 a.m., to drive our son to the Ironman 70.3 in Racine. I trucked down the lobby, where the very personable gentlemen made two fresh cups of Starbucks coffee for us at their on site food service area. Sooooo much better than any hotel's in room coffee, and so cool to be able to get this on demand. That's something that's usually a challenge at the Hilton properties, good coffee early.
So now my debate, open a Hyatt loyalty account or not? At the end of the day, this hotel has now made the very short list when I visit the Milwaukee metro area.

Room Tip: Grab a corner room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!