“Family Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Get 15% off
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Family Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a family reunion based on reviews I read. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite. We stayed for two nights and the floor we stayed on was very quiet. There was a variety to choose from for breakfast and they offered scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, toast, fruit, hot tea or coffee, milk, juice, and donuts.

The hotel room was very spacious with include a sectional couch and ottoman. There was a 42" inch television in the room with a panel where you can plug in other accessories like DVD, blu ray, and cell phone. The bed was very comfortable and I love the wall panel that separates the bedroom area from the sitting area.

The only reason I did not give this hotel a five star rating is because I ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my six year old and it cost me seven dollars but the bread was so hard my child did not want to eat it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oak Park IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place - Milwaukee Airport. It was my first time at this location and my first time at a Hyatt Place. I can tell you for sure I was blown away by what a nice experience I had.

First about the Hyatt Place concept in general. Whoever came up with this idea needs to get a gold star. I really nice looking hotel, with surprising amenities and features. I love the quality of the materials and fixtures in the rooms, the layout of the rooms and the food and drink offerings.

I didn't stay here for business, but can say this would be a just about perfect business hotel.

The specifics of this hotel are that it was clean, the staff was great and the location was perfect for me.

After staying here, I literally searched Google for the location of other Hyatt Place properties to stay at! This is now my go-to hotel in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wasn't sure if I wanted to stay so close to the airport in Milwaukee. We stayed two nights and we will return. The rooms were large, with small desk for commuter, large sofa, reading area separate from sleeping by a low, decorative wall, and all very, very clean and quiet. We couldn't even here the planes that were flying in an out of the airport. The complimentary breakfast was terrific for anyone that wants to eat a healthy breakfast or wishes to indulge in pancakes or waffles, not the make your own. The buffet breakfast includes: fresh fruit, fruit salad, good dark bread, above the average orange juice, good coffee, large tea selections, granola, yogurt, eggs (scrambled one day), and the above mentioned waffles or pancakes.

Easy access to downtown Milwaukee if one wish to see the great museum. One can park a car at the hotel and pay only a little extra for the parking and then fly out from the airport.

All-in-all one of the best "chain" hotels we have stayed in near any airport in the US.
Staff are very friendly and know the area well. Will help you in anyway and actual make special meals for late night guest. What more can you wish for at $201.74 for two nights!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, facing south and had a view of...........well the airport parking. The ro...
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton honors member, but alas there was nothing available anywhere in the Milwaukee metro area. I expanded my search to include my second loyalty affiliation, Marriott, but alas the only rooms available for this past weekend were north of $300. Yikes. I have little experience with the Hyatt chain, and used trip advisor to see what others thought after seeing this hotel had availability at high, but less than crazy rates. After reading some reviews, it appeared ok, not great, but adequate.
Upon my afternoon arrival I found the staff welcoming. Check in was a non event, I think maybe 60 seconds, and I was off with room keys in hand. On site parking is free. Our room was spacious, maybe due to it being a corner room at the end of the hotel. It was very clean and well maintained in every aspect. Housekeeping and building maintenance should be proud; a job well done.
Finally, we had to arise very early the next morning, 3:30 a.m., to drive our son to the Ironman 70.3 in Racine. I trucked down the lobby, where the very personable gentlemen made two fresh cups of Starbucks coffee for us at their on site food service area. Sooooo much better than any hotel's in room coffee, and so cool to be able to get this on demand. That's something that's usually a challenge at the Hilton properties, good coffee early.
So now my debate, open a Hyatt loyalty account or not? At the end of the day, this hotel has now made the very short list when I visit the Milwaukee metro area.

Room Tip: Grab a corner room if you can.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

You can tell this property recently had a cosmetic renovation, but it needs more than that. On my next trip to the area, I believe I'll seek out a newer and nicer hotel, and I'll probably end up paying the same rates as this property.

First, I want to say that the staff were all very helpful and friendly. However, my disappointments:
- My room had a weird smell of cheap cologne when I walked in the door.
- The air conditioner was very loud.
- The air conditioner did not properly dehumidify the room, so the sheets felt slightly damp when I got into the bed.
- The fitness room is horrible. Very small, cramped, with only enough equipment for like 3 people.
- Parking in front of the hotel is limited. So you have to park around back, then walk up front and through the front door to check in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Down the street from the airport which is nice if you fly in, lose to the highway as well. The hotel was very nice was greeted by a friendly staff. Right off of them is a nice bar/coffee area. We had a room on the 4th floor. Room was very spacious and clean two queen beds and a sofa area. Very surprised that being on the 4th floor we didn't hear a lot of planes taking off or landing or I must have been that tired.

Next day the breakfast selection was very nice. Got to chose from Eggs/Sausage to oatmeal/cereal. Nice selection of juice as well and fresh fruit. Was able to get a tray to bring some breakfast for my dad who did not want to come down. Over all very nice and would come again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed there on business during the Summerfest festival so they were busy. But the service was SO bad, this isn't enough of an excuse. Also, the facility is really old and dingy. Given that they charge Hyatt rates (over $130 a night), I would go to one of the newer hotels in the area that charge considerably less. This is a pretty bad value-for-money. (Parking lot is also extremely inconvenient....)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!