“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

- Great rate to begin with.

- One of the few hotels that accomidates families of 5.

- included hot breakfast.

- good size pool for kids

- They really pay attention to detail here. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I always stay at the Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport when I am in town on business. It is perfect for the business traveller. Customer service is always great, serving food, coffee, and cocktails 24/7. They have a business center, fitness center, guest laundry area (so important for longer stays!), pool, and a very delicious breakfast each morning. The rooms are very large (~400 sq ft) with a full size couch (w/ pull out bed) and large desk. The hotel is very reasonably priced.

I look forward to staying at other Hyatt Place hotels in future business travel.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many different rooms and all of them suited me just great. The rooms on the north...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent three nights at the Hyatt Place at Milwaukee Airport. HUGE rooms! Great friendly staff, even the snow plow driver. A nice breakfast buffet, including grill. Noticed they have added to the room service options.
The best feature of the room is its size... I gotta say about 400 square feet, a gigonzo TV set (perfect for superbowl viewing), nice sized bathroom.
Convenient to the airport... I had a car, but noticed a shuttle coming and going regularly.
SUPERPLACE to watch SUPERBOWL.

Room Tip: corner rooms have views facing two directions. no airport noise to speak of at all inside
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed one night on our way out of town and this hotel is great! The hotel is comfortable when you walk in, the staff is friendly, attentive and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We got a great price for it. The beds were comfortable and we had a lot of space in our room. The pool area was well kept and clean with nice towels. A far cry from many a hotel that we have stayed in. The breakfast was great. A wide variety of hot and cold items, all fresh and hot/cold. The set up was great. The staff were some of the nicest and most accommodating staff that we have encountered. They should train other staff in customer service. They have food available 24/7. It's a little pricey, but very convenient and right there. There is also a bar area, which came in handy, as it was late when we checked in. It was truly nice to have all of those conveniences without having to leave. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: We had a double room at the end of the hall that had a big couch and was very spacious. Fridge in t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CA Central Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed one night on our way out of town. This hotel is very convenient to the airport. We were so impressed with price we paid for the size of our room. Beds were very comfortable. The set up of the room was good. We noticed a few small issues: the faux window/room divider between the beds and desk and couch area was really unstable and noisy when anyone used the desk. The curtains in the room could have used a cleaning. The door to the room slammed quite loudly if you just let it shut on its own. Those were minor issues. Every single hotel employee we dealt with (at least 6 or 7 total) was friendly, quick, professional and spot-on. They knew their jobs well, and were very good at customer service. The breakfast was amazing. We were so impressed... especially not expected knowing they do not have a full-service" restaurant -- yet they had three different custom hot breakfast items, a variety of juices, toast, cereal, yogurt, several types of fruit, doughnuts and oatmeal. The pool room was kept plenty warm and was very enjoyable despite the extreme chill outside. Overall, it was a very good experience -- probably one of the best we've ever had in an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Queen Queen with a sleeper-sofa gives you a nice big room with sitting area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Traveler231232
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place was great! From the moment you walk in, the place feels like home. I love the new Hyatt Place look and concept- from the breakfast area to the rooms and everywhere else- you know you are staying in a nice hotel. The breakfasts were fabulous! They had freshly cooked items every morning that were delicious and rotated. They also had staples that you could count on like doughnuts and bagels. Breakfast was great every day. The room was so spacious- even when traveling with 2 babies and all their gear! The staff was very pleasant and helpful and there were always a person to be found if you need someone!

Room Tip: the -01 and 02 (varies by floor- 101, 201, etc) are the biggest rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Lake, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We paid for our room with my British Airways miles, and when we arrived at the hotel, they seemed confused when I told them that I had paid with my Avios points several weeks prior. They insisted the voucher I provided was invalid. They kept stating "This is invalid. We need the voucher." Despite the fact that I brought them to the computer station to actually watch me print out the section that says "print voucher", they simply kept repeating that it was "invalid". At one point while I was trying to explain the bottom portion of the voucher which gives "hotel instructions" to submit the voucher for payment, the staff member actually put her hand up as if to shut me up and turned away. I contacted British Airways and the Hyatt staff member begrudgingly took the phone. I was told the matter would be cleared up first thing in the morning. In the morning, the matter had not been cleared up, and the hotel charged my credit card for the room.

Whether it was British Airways or the Hyatt's fault that my room was not paid for/confirmed as paid is irrelevant. The treatment from the staff was unhelpful, hostile and rude. I don't expect to have a hand put in my face. I don't expect to have a back turned on me. I don't expect the staff member to simply repeat "this is invalid" "this is invalid" "this is invalid" when I'm trying to explain myself. I EXPECT hotel staff to be professional. I expect that even if staff are not responsible for the problem, they themselves will say something along the lines of "I'm terribly sorry this is happening. I don't exactly know what's going on here, but let's see what we can do to figure this out. Let's contact _________" I expect them to be proactive in solving problems. And I do not expect them to charge my credit card when the voucher SPECIFICALLY STATES that the hotel is NOT to charge my credit card for anything other than incidentals.

The room itself was fine with the exception that that walls are very thin. We could hear people walking outside of the room throughout the night, and each time a door would close, our door would rattle. The beds however were very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!