“Great room - great price - friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get 15% off
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Northern Wisconsin
“Great room - great price - friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed one night on our way out of town and this hotel is great! The hotel is comfortable when you walk in, the staff is friendly, attentive and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We got a great price for it. The beds were comfortable and we had a lot of space in our room. The pool area was well kept and clean with nice towels. A far cry from many a hotel that we have stayed in. The breakfast was great. A wide variety of hot and cold items, all fresh and hot/cold. The set up was great. The staff were some of the nicest and most accommodating staff that we have encountered. They should train other staff in customer service. They have food available 24/7. It's a little pricey, but very convenient and right there. There is also a bar area, which came in handy, as it was late when we checked in. It was truly nice to have all of those conveniences without having to leave. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: We had a double room at the end of the hall that had a big couch and was very spacious. Fridge in t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
CA Central Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed one night on our way out of town. This hotel is very convenient to the airport. We were so impressed with price we paid for the size of our room. Beds were very comfortable. The set up of the room was good. We noticed a few small issues: the faux window/room divider between the beds and desk and couch area was really unstable and noisy when anyone used the desk. The curtains in the room could have used a cleaning. The door to the room slammed quite loudly if you just let it shut on its own. Those were minor issues. Every single hotel employee we dealt with (at least 6 or 7 total) was friendly, quick, professional and spot-on. They knew their jobs well, and were very good at customer service. The breakfast was amazing. We were so impressed... especially not expected knowing they do not have a full-service" restaurant -- yet they had three different custom hot breakfast items, a variety of juices, toast, cereal, yogurt, several types of fruit, doughnuts and oatmeal. The pool room was kept plenty warm and was very enjoyable despite the extreme chill outside. Overall, it was a very good experience -- probably one of the best we've ever had in an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Queen Queen with a sleeper-sofa gives you a nice big room with sitting area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Traveler231232
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place was great! From the moment you walk in, the place feels like home. I love the new Hyatt Place look and concept- from the breakfast area to the rooms and everywhere else- you know you are staying in a nice hotel. The breakfasts were fabulous! They had freshly cooked items every morning that were delicious and rotated. They also had staples that you could count on like doughnuts and bagels. Breakfast was great every day. The room was so spacious- even when traveling with 2 babies and all their gear! The staff was very pleasant and helpful and there were always a person to be found if you need someone!

Room Tip: the -01 and 02 (varies by floor- 101, 201, etc) are the biggest rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Lake, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We paid for our room with my British Airways miles, and when we arrived at the hotel, they seemed confused when I told them that I had paid with my Avios points several weeks prior. They insisted the voucher I provided was invalid. They kept stating "This is invalid. We need the voucher." Despite the fact that I brought them to the computer station to actually watch me print out the section that says "print voucher", they simply kept repeating that it was "invalid". At one point while I was trying to explain the bottom portion of the voucher which gives "hotel instructions" to submit the voucher for payment, the staff member actually put her hand up as if to shut me up and turned away. I contacted British Airways and the Hyatt staff member begrudgingly took the phone. I was told the matter would be cleared up first thing in the morning. In the morning, the matter had not been cleared up, and the hotel charged my credit card for the room.

Whether it was British Airways or the Hyatt's fault that my room was not paid for/confirmed as paid is irrelevant. The treatment from the staff was unhelpful, hostile and rude. I don't expect to have a hand put in my face. I don't expect to have a back turned on me. I don't expect the staff member to simply repeat "this is invalid" "this is invalid" "this is invalid" when I'm trying to explain myself. I EXPECT hotel staff to be professional. I expect that even if staff are not responsible for the problem, they themselves will say something along the lines of "I'm terribly sorry this is happening. I don't exactly know what's going on here, but let's see what we can do to figure this out. Let's contact _________" I expect them to be proactive in solving problems. And I do not expect them to charge my credit card when the voucher SPECIFICALLY STATES that the hotel is NOT to charge my credit card for anything other than incidentals.

The room itself was fine with the exception that that walls are very thin. We could hear people walking outside of the room throughout the night, and each time a door would close, our door would rattle. The beds however were very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Germain, Wi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

What a wonderful hotel so close to the airport. The rooms are great size,clean and the bed sooooo comfortable! They have a very nice food service available 24/7 and offer a super breakfast at no extra charge. Free complimentary airport shuttle is very prompt. The staff we encountered from the desk clerk, housekeeping and shuttle driver, were all very nice and smiling! Would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's clean, has Starbucks 24 hrs a day in the lobby, serve food and have a full bar. Rooms are clean and quiet.

Tip: if light bothers you when you sleep, ask for a room on the front of the hotel. The back overlooks a LARGE parking lot that is lit up like daylight. The curtains in the room don't quite close all the way and there are lines of bright light that creep in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is by far the most conveniently located hotel to the airport in Milwaukee. It is literally at the exit of the airport.

I understand that it was not originally built as a Hyatt Place, and from my experience at other Hyatt Places, it shows. The desk was smack on to the door, the bathroom door smack on to the bed. My brother was in another room, and his was a bit more logistically arranged, closer to the typical Hyatt Place layout.

Likewise, the bar/food combo was immediately adjacent to the front desk as opposed to having a bit of separation.

That said, everything here was up to the standards of the Hyatt Place Brand. The staff was friendly, everything was as expected.

There's nothing to see in the immediate area. I'm a Milwaukee native and am quite surprised as to the number of hotels around the airport. I guess it must be because of the business travelers coming in and out for meetings. I'm not sure. Anyway, the hotel is busy.

If you're here on business or whatever and convenience to the airport is a plus, this is definitely a good place to land.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!