“As always I love the Hyatt Regency Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“As always I love the Hyatt Regency Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am never disappointed with the Hyatt Regency Hotels. This was my first time at the Milwaukee hotel and it was beautiful and clean and modern. It was a quick one night stay for a soccer game at Miller Park so I did not get to experience most of the amenities. The front desk staff was kind and helpful. They asked why I was in town and immediately recommended some local establishments with free shuttles to and from the event. The lobby was beautiful and the bar/lounge was relaxing and comfortable with a pleasant bartender and good drinks. The room was clean with comfortable beds and modern decor. Everything I needed was provided and I couldn't find a single thing to complain about. As usual with the Hyatt Regency Hotels there is free wi-fi in the lobby but you have to purchase it in the rooms and you pay for parking. Not a big deal since I got a very good price on the room. Won't hesitate to return again or recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Tandrep from Madison, WI -

Thank you Tandrep for the 5-star review on TA. I always enjoy reviewing the comments from senior contributors of TA. Of course your comments are no exception, especially with such a pleasant review. We take great pride in the wonderful associates that we have here and their ability to make our guests feel at home. Our location is top notch whether attending a sporting event, conference, or festival. Looks like we were able to score a GOALLLL, with your recent stay. Not even a penalty kick needed. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

we were visiting our daughter in milwaukee wi. we stayed at the hyatt in milwaukee. check in was fast and efficient due to Krista who did a great job in meeting our room needs. I am an elite member thus I get a newspaper every day. Out of four days I got it once. Called every day but only got it once. I don’t understand why this is a problem that can’t be fixed but it seems to persist. The room was great-non allergenic- used an upgrade to get it. It really makes a difference especially if you have allergies. All the staff were very nice, especially Maria at the breakfast restaurant. Service was good and food was very good. Except for the minor items the stay was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Johngv47 from Scottsdale, AZ -

Thank you Johngv47 for the great four-star review on TA. I am pleased to hear that your recent visit was enjoyable. I will make sure to pass this onto Krista, Maria, and the other associates to remind them of the great job they are doing. Of course we strive for excellence and hope that during your next stay we can really WOW you. We are happy to do our best with each request we receive, so if you are interested in a daily paper please reach out so that we can accomodate. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was super lucky and scored this hotel for two nights at an awesome, unbeatable rate. We booked a king size deluxe room. The room itself was clean. TV was large. King Size bed was very comfortable. Wish there had been more lighting in the room itself, but that always seems to be an issue for me in every hotel room. I was disappointed that the water provided in the room was not free. The front desk staff was very responsive to our needs (ie; extra towels, sewing kit, etc). Our housekeeper (Nicole) was very cheerful and friendly.You can tell she really loves her job!
Valet service was excellent! I doubt that I'll be in the Milwaukee area again, but I would stay again at this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor. Extremely quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Erin S form Lafayette, IN -

Thank you Erin for the "Great Location" review. As a Senior Contributor for TA, we value your opinion and comments. I will pass this great review onto the management team and our wonderful associates to share the nice words you have shared. Of course, we always strive for excellence and aim to make our guests feel at home. Although Summerfest is over, we have so many more events and activities to enjoy in Milwaukee. Since you have already sampled the World of Beer and Johnny V's, our great associates can point you in the direction of several other great establishments right outside our front door. Hope to see you again soon.

Mendota Heights, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was good. Nothing spectacular, but clean and nice. A little bit outdated, sitting in the lobby bar I felt a bit claustrophobic, but great location. We went to Milwaukee for Summerfest to see Bruno mars and Lady Gaga. WE took a taxi cab to the Summer fest ground, but, of course, that was impossible to find a cab on the way back home. So we just started walking towards our hotel, thinking we might catch a cab and amazingly we just walked all the way there with no problems. So yes, it is not that far, a very pleasant walk trough the city! very nice!
Check the Italian restaurant just across the street - great lunch!!
Of course, visit famous German place - The Mader's restaurant - D- LISH!!!
We stopped at the Pfisfer hotel - that place is spectacular - too bad we couldn't get a room there - so much character and old school charm!
John Hawk's pub is a fun place to grab a drink on the patio. The waiter was amazing, don't remember his name ( handsome Asian guy), he gave us lots of advises where to go and what to see, he used to work as a city tour guide.
Overall, good place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Posers from Minnesota -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TA. Your are absolutley right...we are a, "Great Location". Whether you are in Milwaukee for festivals, events, games, or conferences we are conveniently located for each. This definitely makes travel around MKE easier and not necessary to have a vehicle. Summerfest may be over but there is so much more going on; I hope you plan another trip to MKE and visit us again soon.

Madison, Wis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The staff was excellent, from the front desk to the housekeepers, they were friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. However, we had too many small issue for me to return. Next time will will try a new hotel.

When I reserved the room on-line, the rooms said King Suite connect. There were only descriptions of the king suite room and the on-line Hyatt booking engine only showed this King Suite connect room as the other suite listed. Unfortunately, when checking in, they told me it was only a room that connected to a suite, not a full suite. They offered me a paid upgrade to a full suite, which I did take but I wasn't happy with the almost $60/per night addition.

The suite itself was lacking. It was actually just two standard guest rooms. One had a king bed and chair, with a small bathroom. The other room had a sofa and a murphy bed, with another small identical bathroom. There was no table, microwave, fridge, coffee table, etc. We weren't impressed with the design.

Finally, the room amenities were lacking. For example, the tv had very limited channels. I am estimating 20 total channels and not one kids program. No Nick, Cartoon Network, nothing. In this day and age, it was surprising. We also had issued getting room service late. We called 10 minutes before closing and it went to a voicemail that just told us the hours. Very disappointing, as we could have stopped on the way back to the hotel if we knew room service wouldn't be open the hours that were advertised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ResourceRobin from Madison, WI -

Thank you for your recent review on TA. We value your comments and utilize them to improve our products and services, so I assure you I will pass these onto our management team. I am glad to hear that our new Hyatt Grand Beds and associates were able to make some of your stay enjoyable. I know when traveling with a family it helps to have all the conveniences of home, and that is what we strive to provide, "A home away from home". Hopefully we can offer you a better, more comfortable stay during your next trip to MKE.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here for a convention in June. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to the river and many restaurants. It is also connected via skywalks to the Milwaukee Center. The food events held during the convention were very nice - not exceptional. Staff was pleasant and helpful - especially the valet. The only real negative was that I was booked into a non-smoking room, and everytime the air conditioning came on I could smell stale smoke. I don't think anyone was smoking - just dirty air ducts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Horologie from Dallas, TX -

Thank you so much for the "Good Location" four-star review and comments on TA. The convenience of our location does make getting around MKE so much easier and helpful when traveling without a vehicle. Whether here for an event, conference, or festival; we have something for everyone. Come back to join us and the familiar faces at Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery again soon.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms from a popular on line company based on popularity. We were only in one night. We enjoyed the rooms, the staff was attentive and kind. The location cannot be beat. The Bradley Center is one block away. We were able to walk to Summerfest and the neighborhood seems to be free of ne're-do-wells. My only complaint is we were on the 14th floor and the outside of our windows were SERIOUSLY dirty. Apart from that we'd be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Imanaveragejoe from IL -

Thank you so much for the wonderful "Will be back" four-star review. You are absolutley right...our location really can not be beat. With so much to do right outside our front door we hope you decide to come back soon. Although Summerfest is over; there are so many more festivals, events, and opportunities to enjoy just a neighborhood away from you. Thank you again.