“Great location!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was super lucky and scored this hotel for two nights at an awesome, unbeatable rate. We booked a king size deluxe room. The room itself was clean. TV was large. King Size bed was very comfortable. Wish there had been more lighting in the room itself, but that always seems to be an issue for me in every hotel room. I was disappointed that the water provided in the room was not free. The front desk staff was very responsive to our needs (ie; extra towels, sewing kit, etc). Our housekeeper (Nicole) was very cheerful and friendly.You can tell she really loves her job!
Valet service was excellent! I doubt that I'll be in the Milwaukee area again, but I would stay again at this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor. Extremely quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MilwaukeeHyatt, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Erin S form Lafayette, IN -

Thank you Erin for the "Great Location" review. As a Senior Contributor for TA, we value your opinion and comments. I will pass this great review onto the management team and our wonderful associates to share the nice words you have shared. Of course, we always strive for excellence and aim to make our guests feel at home. Although Summerfest is over, we have so many more events and activities to enjoy in Milwaukee. Since you have already sampled the World of Beer and Johnny V's, our great associates can point you in the direction of several other great establishments right outside our front door. Hope to see you again soon.

Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was good. Nothing spectacular, but clean and nice. A little bit outdated, sitting in the lobby bar I felt a bit claustrophobic, but great location. We went to Milwaukee for Summerfest to see Bruno mars and Lady Gaga. WE took a taxi cab to the Summer fest ground, but, of course, that was impossible to find a cab on the way back home. So we just started walking towards our hotel, thinking we might catch a cab and amazingly we just walked all the way there with no problems. So yes, it is not that far, a very pleasant walk trough the city! very nice!
Check the Italian restaurant just across the street - great lunch!!
Of course, visit famous German place - The Mader's restaurant - D- LISH!!!
We stopped at the Pfisfer hotel - that place is spectacular - too bad we couldn't get a room there - so much character and old school charm!
John Hawk's pub is a fun place to grab a drink on the patio. The waiter was amazing, don't remember his name ( handsome Asian guy), he gave us lots of advises where to go and what to see, he used to work as a city tour guide.
Overall, good place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Posers from Minnesota -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TA. Your are absolutley right...we are a, "Great Location". Whether you are in Milwaukee for festivals, events, games, or conferences we are conveniently located for each. This definitely makes travel around MKE easier and not necessary to have a vehicle. Summerfest may be over but there is so much more going on; I hope you plan another trip to MKE and visit us again soon.

Madison, Wis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The staff was excellent, from the front desk to the housekeepers, they were friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. However, we had too many small issue for me to return. Next time will will try a new hotel.

When I reserved the room on-line, the rooms said King Suite connect. There were only descriptions of the king suite room and the on-line Hyatt booking engine only showed this King Suite connect room as the other suite listed. Unfortunately, when checking in, they told me it was only a room that connected to a suite, not a full suite. They offered me a paid upgrade to a full suite, which I did take but I wasn't happy with the almost $60/per night addition.

The suite itself was lacking. It was actually just two standard guest rooms. One had a king bed and chair, with a small bathroom. The other room had a sofa and a murphy bed, with another small identical bathroom. There was no table, microwave, fridge, coffee table, etc. We weren't impressed with the design.

Finally, the room amenities were lacking. For example, the tv had very limited channels. I am estimating 20 total channels and not one kids program. No Nick, Cartoon Network, nothing. In this day and age, it was surprising. We also had issued getting room service late. We called 10 minutes before closing and it went to a voicemail that just told us the hours. Very disappointing, as we could have stopped on the way back to the hotel if we knew room service wouldn't be open the hours that were advertised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ResourceRobin from Madison, WI -

Thank you for your recent review on TA. We value your comments and utilize them to improve our products and services, so I assure you I will pass these onto our management team. I am glad to hear that our new Hyatt Grand Beds and associates were able to make some of your stay enjoyable. I know when traveling with a family it helps to have all the conveniences of home, and that is what we strive to provide, "A home away from home". Hopefully we can offer you a better, more comfortable stay during your next trip to MKE.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here for a convention in June. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to the river and many restaurants. It is also connected via skywalks to the Milwaukee Center. The food events held during the convention were very nice - not exceptional. Staff was pleasant and helpful - especially the valet. The only real negative was that I was booked into a non-smoking room, and everytime the air conditioning came on I could smell stale smoke. I don't think anyone was smoking - just dirty air ducts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Horologie from Dallas, TX -

Thank you so much for the "Good Location" four-star review and comments on TA. The convenience of our location does make getting around MKE so much easier and helpful when traveling without a vehicle. Whether here for an event, conference, or festival; we have something for everyone. Come back to join us and the familiar faces at Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery again soon.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms from a popular on line company based on popularity. We were only in one night. We enjoyed the rooms, the staff was attentive and kind. The location cannot be beat. The Bradley Center is one block away. We were able to walk to Summerfest and the neighborhood seems to be free of ne're-do-wells. My only complaint is we were on the 14th floor and the outside of our windows were SERIOUSLY dirty. Apart from that we'd be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Imanaveragejoe from IL -

Thank you so much for the wonderful "Will be back" four-star review. You are absolutley right...our location really can not be beat. With so much to do right outside our front door we hope you decide to come back soon. Although Summerfest is over; there are so many more festivals, events, and opportunities to enjoy just a neighborhood away from you. Thank you again.

Middlebury, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Rooms clean, comfortable bed, and quiet, no refrigerator though. Wished top rotating floor was open, would be nice. Close to restaurants and some stores. Very helpful staff. Would stay again. Did not eat at their restaurant.

DeniseDave from Middlebury, IN -

Thank you Denise and Dave for the "Great Location", four-star review. I am glad to hear that our new Hyatt Grand Stay beds, convenient location, and helpful associates were just what you needed to make your stay comfortable. MKE events, festivals, and restaurants are all near by...Oh My! We do have refrigerators available to guest rooms upon request, so please feel free to mention this when making your next reservation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Hotel lacks polish from past years.

Front desk staff was unprofessional and actually lied to me on multiple occasions, regarding the Regency Club times of operation, amenities included and room service availability. Regency Club added unneeded expense and offered no perks. Club was closed on weekday for breakfast without any advance notice, and then mysteriously reopened mid-morning.

Hotel Manager lacks customer service skills. When speaking with her about my concerns, she changed her story after I told her that I did not believe her. She knew I was unhappy, but offered no apology.

Bistro 333 Restaurant experience was no better. My chair was covered with crumbs, coffee served in a dirty cup, long delays for food, no offer to refill coffee cups.

Regency Club Room smelled wonderful, but light switches, doors and hard services NEED to be wiped down. The bed was made up with crisp, clean linens, but the mattress was as hard as a rock. That combined with the traffic noise made for a long night.

My husband and I do not get the chance to get away as much as we would like to and I truly wish that we had picked a different hotel. Hyatt’s website states “We take pride in offering you the best of everything among downtown Milwaukee hotels - great restaurants, luxurious rooms and unparalleled service.” Seriously?

Management needs to take a look at how patrons are being treated by their staff. Staff; please treat others as you would like to be treated.

Room Tip: Regency Club is overrated at this location, do not waste your money for the upgrade. Ask about nois...
GoBadgers from WI -

I am sorry to hear that your experience during your recent visit was unsatisfactory. I do greatly apologize for any inconvenience and want to let you know that we appreciate these reviews for future training purposes and product enhancement. I assure you that I will pass this review onto all of our Management Team to rectify these issues and provide a better experience in the future. Thank you again.

Executive Assistant

Been to Hyatt Regency Milwaukee? Share your experiences!