“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I must say our trip to Milwaukee was made that much better in frigid weather by the wonderful staff and accommodations at the Hyatt Milwaukee. I want to give special recognition to Alison Johnson who went above and beyond to help me during my stay there with the Detroit Titans basketball team. I will absolutely be back anytime I am in Milwaukee and want to thank the rest of the wonderful staff for making our stay so enjoyable:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Danny,

Mnay thanks for the kind words about the stay that you and the team had here in MKE! We appreciate you making it down from Detroit and allowing us to host the team when they come in to play UWM. You are a great group and we appreciate havng you here!

Ali is a real gem and we're glad that you were able to experience the great service that she and the desk team provide to all our guests.

Looking forward to the next time you stay here...thanks again Danny and go Titans!

Paul T. Sharp
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

First time in Milwaukee, and in winter to boot. Had a great time at my nephew's wedding. All the out of town guests stayed at the Hyatt and there were plenty of us. Over 40 rooms. The service was fantastic, everyone was pleasant and very accommodating. What a great guy, Paul the manager. When he'd see us he always asked how our stay was and if there was anything we needed.
The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, with great comfortable beds. I would recommend this hotel. And right up the street, Milwaukee Brat House, the best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Jim,

Thanks so much for your review and for being part of the wedding party! It was a great weekend and to see all of the friends and family here really was awesome!

We're glad you enjoyed the hotel, our associates and all of amenities that we offer. As you also pointed out, the local are is rich with MKE icons like the Brat Haus! They have a great crew over there and as you can imagine, a few of us here like to hang out there as well!

Looking forward to seeing you back here soon...

Paul T. Sharp
Coralville, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We rolled in about 7:15 and were greeted by a group of valet/parking staff that were extremely friendly. This is not a property that you can pull up, go check in, grab your own luggage cart and go to your room. This is a downtown district and extremely busy.

We opted to valet and have the luggage taken to our room. The guys loaded up the cart with everything and anything...they were great. Great personalities. We checked in, went quickly, went up to our room and the baggage personnel came up and was great. I think his name was either JR or RJ and he make you feel like a friend, not a guest. He got us unpacked, made sure everything looked right in the room and then headed out.

The only issue we found was that our sheets had rips in them but were very clean. The bathroom had some dust in ceiling tiles and didn't look very clean. And we had no tissue in our tissue holder. The climate control didn't work well at all.

BUT...
The rooms were spacious, the were very modern. Elevators worked well (fast). The lobby was a fun place to hang out and be social. In the dead of winter, I could wear shorts over to the Wisconsin Center as well as the connecting mall. Has a great Italian rest. across the street.

Overall a very good stay!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks Dave for the five star review! It's terrific that you felt our hotel was very nice and we're glad you came to MKE! Personality? JR? REALLY?! Indeed Dave, JR is one of our true assets at the bellstand and he definitely makes the arrival experience top notch along with Mike and Bobby!

I apologize that we had some issues with your room regarding the sheets, TP and climate control for the room you were in. We've dispatched a member of our great engineering team to double check the system for next time.

Glad you also enjoyed the skyway that connects us to the mall! It's a big benefit to not have to go outside when there's an Artic Vortex in town! As you pointed out, our lobby is a fun place to hang out in as our F&B team really prides itself on making the lobby a 'happening' place to be...

Calderone Club across the street is a gem! Their Rigatoni Bolognese is truly a work of culinary art...next time you come up, stay in to experience Ken Ketchum's Bistro 333 menu...my fav is the Creekstone Filet Mignon...their ranch is located locally in the midwest and their cattle are only grass-fed which is good for you and great for the state!

Say hello to Lake Tahoe for us! See you next time!
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I come to Milwaukee once a year for a meeting and stay for two nights. This location is so great...and I always enjoy staying here. It is a huge hotel and I know there is always a lot going on...but the staff works hard to make me feel taken care of and accomodates me when needed.
My first room this last stay was smoky-smelling and they moved me immediately, their staffperson came up and moved me immediately--.no questions asked. I had a great room with a nice view and it was lovely as usual. They checked with me to make sure I was happy. The front desk staff was very considerate. Their buffet breakfast is well worth it and has a great selection, again good staff waiting on me and cooking up whatever I request.
I know sometimes there are big gatherings and the atrium area can get noisy even up many floors but it has not bothered me but once in many, many years and when I called the front desk it was taken care of. I always recommend bringing ear plugs traveling anyway in case there is noise.
Not sure if their top floor revolving restaurant is even operating but if you get a chance, eat there --the view is THE BEST!
The Thai place across the street is great too...try it!

Room Tip: I love the corner rooms and those away from the main atrium. Also, like those higher floors...bette...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Elletraveller!

Thank you so much for your five star review of our property here in MKE! We are glad we were able to move you quickly into the room you needed and apologize that you had to ask based on the room's condition. You are correct in stating the comments about the views of the downtown skyline...they are gorgeous! Milwaukee is a vibrant, beautiful town and to see it from one of rooms really brings it home.

We're happy that you enjoyed Bistro 333's breakfast buffet while you were here as well! All farm to table, local ingredients that we're fortunate to work with making the first part of your day a great beginning!

Hope your trip back to Michigan was smooth and safe...looking forward to welcoming you back once your travels bring you back here to Milwaukee.

Paul T Sharp
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Massive hotel, quite convenient thanks to its location downtown. Rooms are substantial, not too old fashioned and fairly clean.
I suffered from a noisy environment during my stay but it was all sorted thanks to the staff, which you'll find very efficient there.
Certainly a place I could stay at again when I come back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Gregory T,

Thanks for the review on your recent stay here in Milwaukee. We're happy that when your travels lead you here in the future that you'll stay with us again.

As you mentioned in your review, as we are an atrium hotel it sometimes leads to noise issues depending on our occupancies. We're glad that we sorted everything out after your bringing it to our attention and that you thought the staff was efficient in handling the issue overall.

We hope your trip across the pond back to Horsham was smooth and we hope to see you again in Milwaukee!

Paul T. Sharp, Director of Sales and Marketing
Whitewater, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The staff here is wonderful, especially Maria, the waitress in the bistro for breakfast. She was awesome and made the 6 of us feel so welcome. The service at the bar in the evening was excellent also.

The room, however, was not very clean. The hallways look as though they have not been vacuumed in a while. The bathroom floor was filthy. When I reported this to the front desk in the afternoon, they said that they would send someone to take care of it ASAP. When we returned to the room late in the evening, nothing had been done.

I hope that the hotel addresses this issue because the hotel is in a great location, has excellent service, and is quite striking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KikiD777,

Thank you so much for hotel review on Trip Advisor. First and foremost, we apologize for the cleanliness issue that you experienced in the hallways, your room and your bathroom. We are following up with our housekeeping team on that and want to let you know that it's not acceptable that even after calling down to ask us to fix it, we did not to your satisfaction.

We are happy that you experienced great service, especially in the Bistro 333. Maria, as you noted is an absolute gem and we're very proud to have her on our team. I will print this review for her and we will recognize her efforts in taking great care of you and your guests at breakfast. We're glad your bar service was terrific too! The cocktail servers and bartenders here really take pride in what they do, we're happy they made an impact on your stay as well.

Hope your travels back to Whitewater were smooth and safe. Let us know when your travels permit you to return and we'll look forward to seeing you again!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was only there for one night, but I saw the hotel take care of large groups smoothly. Built with a large atrium in the middle of the hotel and event space on the 2nd floor.
The staff was very friendly and the lobby was very welcoming as well as was the lobby bar.
There is a lot of restaurants and bars that are not too far away and the arena is very close. Perfect place to stay if you are going to a game. I walked a couple of blocks to the Rock Bottom Brewery and passed a small mall, a Walgreens, and right next to the hotel is a 24 hour diner.
There was a nice work space in the room and electrical outlets right on the desk.
The beds were very comfortable and I liked the head board that went across both beds.

I hope this review was helpful.

Setcarp from Nashville,

Many thanks for the great review on TA for us! We're ecstatic that the staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed your time in MKE. Our beds are brand new and boy, are they comfy as you noted. We're glad you got a chance to experience the downtown area as much as you did during your stay here.

Going to see the Bucks, Wave and Admirals or just to see a show? You said it best when you said 'perfect place to stay' in your review. We're in the heart of the sports and entertainment district and whether you're going to a show at the Pabst, Riverside, Turner Hall or Milwaukee Theatre, we're truly convenient in every sense of the word.

We love Nashville, your home city as well! Let us know the next time you're coming to town and we'll see about marrying "Music City" with "Brew City" for the occasion!

Thanks again!