We stayed 4 nights in August at this Hyatt at a convention show - although not inexpensive - rate. The hotel, probably built at least 40 years ago, has been upgraded nicely. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We ate lunch at the restaurant one day; food and service was fine. Although we did not use it, the gym equipment seemed to be on the better side of hotel gyms. Room had a safe. Wifi worked; supposed to be at a fee, but somehow our connection was without charge.
On the less positive side,:
--Our room on the 3rd floor appeared that we were partially incarcerated when looking out the window - not that there was anything much to see. That floor, and possibly others, had a wide concrete horizontal bar outside the window; suppose that it added a decorative touch when it was built.
--Our room had a king bed; however, the bed must have been a queen instead. From the headboard décor, a wider (true king) bed would not have fit.
--The dining selections within the immediate area leave a bit to be desired.
Cannot comment on parking since we did not have a car here.
In summary, unless one needs a hotel at the convention center or one of the sports facilities, there are probably better options.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest hotel in downtown Milwaukee with $19+ million renovation. Hyatt Regency Milwaukee… The premier hotel and meeting center in downtown Milwaukee beckons with world-class amenities in the heart of Milwaukee’s entertainment district. Located one block from the city’s riverwalk, and connected by enclosed skywalk to the Midwest Airline Center, Federal Plaza, and the Shops of Grand Avenue, it’s an ideal setting for business or pleasure. A magnificent 18-story atrium welcomes you to 481 guestrooms complete with wireless high-speed Internet access, including 18 suites, Hyatt Business Plan and Hyatt Gold Passport accommodations. More than 26,000 sq ft of T1 equipped function and meeting space is perfect for any occasion. When it’s time for dining, enjoy American cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere at Bistro 333, or experience Bar 333, where hand-shaken fresh squeezed cocktails are our specialty. Unwind in a new Hyatt Stay Fit 24 hour fully equipped fitness facility. Enjoy golf and Lake Michigan beaches. Or, discover Milwaukee’s renowned festivals and breweries. A short walk away is the Milwaukee Center Theater District, Milwaukee Theatre, US Cellular Arena, Bradley Center and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. Hyatt Regency Milwaukee….experience a unique combination of amenities and unsurpassed service, as only Hyatt can deliver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.