“Good Experience, Would Stay Again” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Experience, Would Stay Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here during the 110th Harley Anniversary Rally. I ended up booking the room a few weeks before but the rate was competitive based on what some other hotels were charging. Parking is expensive but they let us park the motorcycle on the street in front of the hotel and on property sidewalks for free which was a nice surprise. Check in was a breeze and we got the room we requested. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. The hotel bar/lobby is big so you can spread out with bigger groups. The hotel is right across the street from an Italian restaurant that is good as well as a breakfast spot and two convenience stores so everything is right there. Just a short walk from Water St and a straight shot down 6th takes you to the Harley Museum and casino.

The only draw back for us was the charge for WiFi. There was a flyer at the front desk saying WiFi was free but upon check out we were told that free WiFi was only with the Harley Owners Group rate. They did credit us one day of WiFi for the confusion but the flyer should have been more specific since people not associated with the Harley Owner group rate were checking in. By far not the end of the world and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Sorry to hear about the confusion with the wifi...please keep in mind that we ALWAYS offer complimentary wifi in the lobby to all of our guests. We hope to see you back for the 115th!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stay in this hotel every year for business. There are a couple issues with overbooking and room availability but the customer service and response time is great. They have always made my stay worthwhile and comfortable. The room is always done well and stocked with towels. I like the bar staff and enjoy the 'mixology.' I recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from elevators. Corners are the best. Fridges are available for the room but have...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the recommendation, and we are excited for your next stay with us!
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is centrally located next to the convention center, to which it is connected by a skywalk. This skywalk also connects it to the Hilton. The hotel is within walking distance of various restaurant and bar opportunities and the river promenade. Room was large and comfortable and had a safe, ironing board, but no microwave or fridge. Bed was comfortable. Ample towels and hot water. Large shampoo and lotion samples. The room was clean.

I needed a charger for my computer. At first the front desk said that they did not have one but a later telephone request brought the manager himself up to my room with one that he had scrounged somewhere. I was very pleased to have it and grateful for his effort.

Restaurant service at the one breakfast I ate in the hotel was pretty slow and servers spent most of their time chatting out of view of the guests.

I did not use parking. Doormen were helpful

Room Tip: If there is a noisy reception or meal event in the atrium, everyone gets to hear it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, and we hope to make your next stay a 5!
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The design of this hotel is visually nice. Open atrium from top to bottom. But any noise from the bar on the first floor carries up to all floors so it's very noisy no matter what floor you're on. Rooms are comfortable but the bathroom is a bit small tho there is plenty of shelf space and the shower is forceful and hot. Big towels are provided and plenty of them.

• Stayed September 2013
We thank you for the review...the atrium style of our hotel does tend to carry noise from activity in the lobby upward, but we do our best to curb that in the evening hours. Please let us know next time you stay with us if you experience anything similar so we can address it immediately.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed 5 nights for business. Next time I am in Milwaukee I will probably stay elsewhere.

The good:
1) central location, near downtown offices. But so are most of the large hotels.
2) Comfortable bed.
3) adequate gym

The bad:
1) When I arrived, I learned I had been bumped from my choice of room (King) to a lower floor with 2 doubles. Not a great start.
2) The front desk is friendly, just not terribly helpful or energetic. They are there to do a job and it shows.
3) This is perhaps aided by the aesthetics. The lobby is cavernous, impersonal, and lacking in any sophistication or warmth, either of which is most welcome in a hotel lobby (entering through the giant and slow revolving door, confronted immediately by an escalator, it feels like walking into a shopping mall not a hotel). I cannot imagine feeling inspired to provide my best service in this lobby either.
4) Room service procedures are overly complicated, especially to have breakfast delivered (hanging a card before 1 AM?).
5) Rooms are generally clean, but the window and window treatments were dirty.
6) A/C was weak.
7) Hotel bar is somehow mingled with, or spills out onto a part of the lobby floor. It feels like you are at a traveling salesman convention - the lighting is harsh and the people look tired.
8) I can deal with all of the above. I was upset on the morning of my flight not to receive either of the two wake-up calls I had requested. When I brought this up with the front desk, as I rushed out the door ("hurry up and print the bill so I can sign it, you all screwed up the wake-up call"), I got a semi-apology and an excuse that "oh I think this happened a few times this morning . . . weird." Well, yeah weird - how about you FIX it.

Bottom-line: not the best experience I have had in a Hyatt, but I would look elsewhere. I'll update if the hotel management contacts me regarding the wake-up call, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are terribly sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced. Our management staff has been made aware of your concerns, and we will be addressing them. We hope that you offer us the chance to make your stay great the next time you are in Milwaukee.
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my first and last stay at this hotel. The hotel is located in a pretty good spot restaurants are close by and this part of the city seems pretty safe. I walked to dinner each night.

Now the bad. Parking is expensive. Paid 45 bucks for self parking. Internet is 10.95 per day. My room did not have towels the first day which I discovered after I stepped out of the shower. I used two hand towels to dry off.

Night two I was woken up by a drunk knocking on my door.

My business in the area was done I checked out a day early. The front desk told me I was going to have to pay for an extra night. This was a 8am check out. I booked three nights buy stayed for two.

The front desk staff told me this was a very common policy in the hotel industry. I'm a business traveler who averages 3 to 4 nights out a week and don't recall this ever happening before. Congratulations you get to charge me for an extra night but I will never give you another chance to do this to me. No one wins here.

• Stayed September 2013
Our management staff takes the reviews posted here very seriously, and you can be certain that we will look into each issue that you mentioned. We are regretful that your stay was not up to your expectations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night for leisure. The hotel staff was nice, rooms clean and fairly large for a downtown hotel. I would stay at the hotel again. It thought the valet and bellman staff were especially good and helpful. The bar staff on the other hand... Not really great in my opinion. They did get us drinks right away. We sat at the bar. We ordered food and the food was good. The bar tender was a little on the cocky side. I noticed that he dissed the house drink menu and told people he would make them a drink like that, but not the one on the menu. Then i saw him put glasses directly into the ice tub- a huge food service violation. Then i actually saw him drinking beer himself, which should never be allowed. He seemed to be the bar tender in charge that night. Overall, I liked the food but thought his attitude and lack of safe serving practices needed to go. For such an upscale hotel, i was disappointed in the bar. The rest of the experience was fine though.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and we will look into the issues that you mentioned. We appreciate you honesty and candor.

Been to Hyatt Regency Milwaukee? Share your experiences!