“Great staff keeps me coming back to Hyatt” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minnesota
“Great staff keeps me coming back to Hyatt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Hyatt isn't the newest hotel or the grandest hotel in Milwaukee-- some of the rugs are a bit worn, the paint is a bit dinged up in spots. And parking is $25, which seems a lot considering how little demand there seems to be for overnight parking downtown. But every time I've stayed there, I feel so welcomed by the staff. On my recent trip, Anna at the front desk took the time to help me find a place to buy flowers. And she knew the area well enough to steer me to someplace that was open on Christmas weekend. The valet went out of his way to hold the door for me. Everyone seemed to want me to have a pleasant stay. Another plus is the great views of Lake Michigan.

Room Tip: ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am a Diamond member of Hyatt's Gold Passport program and I have to say The Hyatt Regency Milwaukee is on of my favorite Hyatt's in the Midwest. The hotel has been recently renovated outfitted with a beautiful regency room on the top floor overlooking the city. Additionally for you Gold Passport Members the upper floors are designated for members. The reception staff at the front desk provide exceptional customer service and the management team is very attentive to all of my needs whenever I am a guest. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Milwaukee. I have stayed at the Hilton down the street which is a landmark hotel in Milwaukee and the customer service didn't come close to the Hyatt. Well done Hyatt MKE! Keep up the excellent work!

Room Tip: The high floors facing the city... which on the east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is the best place to stay if you are attending an arts performance in downtown Milwaukee.
Bobbi and other wonderful personnel are there, smiling and ready to help you.
Then check in could not be more friendly. We especially love Anna who always asks what performace we are going to see.
Then, the "liquid chefs" in the bar are the most friendly and hospitable. Andy and Cody go out of their way to make your visit there the absoute best.
It is a large hotel, but run like a boutique hotel, as every employee goes out of their way to be friendly... And we cannot also enough about Nelson in the Regency Club..
Hyatt Regency... is our favorite hotel in downtown Milwaukee.

Room Tip: The higher up the better, as there is an atrium. But we love all the rooms, each has a marvelous vi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently spent a night in Milwaukee. We booked a room at the Hyatt on priceline.com, which seemed like a pretty good deal (@$90 for the night.) However, upon checking into the hotel it's irritating to be slapped with a $20 fee to park and a $10 fee to use the internet. Really, Hyatt? I find this practice insulting. I'd rather pay more up front than have you try to reach into my wallet after I've already booked a room. Also, the manner in which one pays for parking was confusing, cumbersome and wildly annoying.
The room itself was okay apart from clearly being able to hear the sounds of our neighbors urinating. The staff that we dealt with was friendly. It's a great location downtown, especially if you're attending an event at the Bradley Center, such as a Bucks game.
One more note: Do NOT eat at the bar across the street. It's awful and two of my friends got sick eating there during a previous visit to Milwaukee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been a Hyatt member for years and hotel has the best customer service staff I have ever encountered! Always a joy to visit the warm faces downtown Milwaukee! The rooms are nice. Very comfortable.

From valet to front desk they remember my name every trip. The hotel itself is a winner. Very affordable and comfortable for today's business

Room Tip: Higher room floors are more quiet and kept.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great central location in downtown Milwaukee....close to everything.....great staff.....very knowledge of "what's happening" and "where to go" in downtown Milwaukee.....staff are very good ambassadors for Milwaukee and the local "cheesehead" culture.....downtown restaurants, shopping, things to see and do.....excellent customer service....very friendly

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for several nights while in town for a convention. The fact that the hotel was very busy might explain what happened - we checked in with a reservation for a king size room, the girl at the front desk was very helpful and nice...and then we went to our room. After looking around for the bed, I realized it was a murphy bed - double size. Not exactly a king size, which we'd reserved months in advance. After calling downstairs, they apologized; king size rooms were all gone, so we got moved to a room with two queen size beds. We usually aren't ones to complain, but sleeping inches off the ground for several nights was not what we had expected. Thankfully, we got transferred to a "real" room.

After that, the stay was fairly uneventful. Comfortable beds, a heater that worked well (almost too well), working wifi. My one complaint with the room was that the bathroom was tiny - only one person could fit in there at a time. The door practically bumped into the toilet.

Yes, it's an updated older hotel, but our room didn't feel old. There was some weird condensation in the window every window, but everything else felt fairly new. The big lobby and glass elevators in the middle - meh. Frustrating design when your room is on the opposite side of the elevators. We didn't eat here at all or use the fitness centers, but they were there.

Not sure if I would stay here again - lots of other hotels in the area. Still, I wouldn't object to staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your honest review...hopefully, next time you stay with us we can exceed your expectations and make your stay special.