My boyfriend and I impulsively decided to stay another night in Milwaukee but did not want to spend a lot of money. We didn't need anything extravagant but I absolutely would have dropped a bit more money for something safer than. For starters, the electronic locks to enter the hotel were damaged. Anybody can stroll right into this hotel and access your room. After my experience, I suppose that the locks were probably disabled on purpose. Furthermore, I find it rather unsettling that a large poster stating "ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES" needs to be posted. Maybe it's a Wisconsin thing? Individuals just linger around the lobby giving off the impression that they have no real business being there. Besides the electronic locks being broken, our heat also did not work. This was a real pleasure staying here when the temperature outside was below 18 degrees! We were absolutely freezing ALL night. We attempted to warm up our room with the steam from a hot shower. The water in both the sink and the shower was a nauseating yellow. You would be better off brushing your teeth in the Milwaukee River than in this hotel’s bathroom sink. To top of this shamefully, appalling room was the patio door barely locked. The safety bar was missing and duct tape was struggling to hold part of the door together. The woman from hotels.com raved that this hotel was one of the highest rated and best valued hotels near the Milwaukee airport. She must have forgotten to tell us that she was comparing this hotel to other hotels that were charmingly located in a windowless, rape van with "Candy" written on the side. This hotel is grimy, dangerous, dilapidated and definitely unsatisfying. It’s not worth the deal no matter what. Listen to me and every other review, stay someplace else. If you do venture to this shabby joint, don’t say we didn’t warn you. If you are not staying with an Army Ranger, trust me you don’t want to be here.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn / Milwaukee Airport Hotel Milwaukee
- Americas Best Value Inn / Milwaukee Airport Hotel
- Howard Johnson Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 Story interior corridor property. Outdoor seasonal pool. Business Center. NO pets. Spring Garden Family Restaurant and Lounge on site. Exercise room. FREE wi-fi. FREE parking for cars/trucks/buses. Guest laundry. FREE shuttle service to Milwaukee's Mitchell Airport. Gas and diesel nearby. Other restaurants nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Milwaukee Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.