“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Milton
More attraction details
Owner description: On any given day you can find fun at Northleaf Winery! Complimentary tasting, share a bottle of wine and a cheese tray, try our unique wine and chocolate pairings, paint a wine glass or a wine bottle, or just hang out with us in the tasting room or on the deck. Northleaf Winery is a small, urban, family winery. All wines are made on site in craft batches, from grapes grown coast to coast. The tasting room is in an 1850 building on the National Registry of Historic Places. We give tours of the winery by reservation, and have a free video tour in the tasting room. We have a Bistro & Market next door with a huge deck for outdoor eating and music events, and fondue dinners the last Saturday of each month. A spacious and luxurious Guest House sits above the Bistro for a great getaway for you and your special someone.
Milton, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I live right up the road from the Northleaf Winery and Bistro and am embarrassed to admit I am finally just now stopping in. My husband and I were there today for a spur of the moment lunch and I was very pleasantly surprised. I chose the half sandwich/salad combo and it was wonderful. The homemade bread and sandwich spread were delicious and spinach salad perfect. The service was outstanding and the outside patio was lovely on a warm Saturday afternoon. I will definitely be back and next time plan to spend some time at the winery. This is a hidden gem in the small tow of Milton, WI.

Visited May 2014

11 attraction reviews
“good times, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I used a groupon for the wine and chocolate pairings. My friend and I had lunch on the patio before the wine tasting. The lunch was delicious and the tasting was a lot of fun. We had never done a wine and chocolate pairing. It was very interesting to see how the chocolate brings out different attributes in the wine.

I also bought groupon for a wine and cheese tasting. I can't wait!

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visited this location due to all the positive reviews left by others.

If you enjoy getting your wine served in ice cream soda glasses and eating poorly made sandwiches made with lunchmeat and cheese that is of no better quality than what can be purchased at a gas station then this is the place you want to visit. I felt like I was making the waitress go out of her way when I asked to have my wine served in a proper wine glass. The Panini style sandwich was inedible because it was served cold and over sauced which made it literally fall apart in my hands.

I do not enjoy writing negative reviews because of the negative impact it might have.. but I'm truly left in confusion after reading the prior reviews. Maybe others are ok with drinking wine out of soda fountain style glasses.. or ok with a sandwich that looks and tastes like it was made by a 5 year old, but unfortunately I'm not.

We were planning on visiting the winery next door for a tasting but opted out of it. I felt like the service and quality was going to echo in there and we did not want to continue down that path.

I truly hope that this was not the norm for this winery.. and based on the prior reviews maybe we were just the exception.

Visited May 2014
Gail N, Owner at Northleaf Winery, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback; it is always enlightening to read what our guests have to say.

I apologize that your experience at our bistro was not up to your expectations. I would have hoped that if your food was not satisfactory when you were served, you would have sent it back and had us remake it or ordered something else. While most of our breads are made on site, and all of our spreads are our own unique recipes, we do use center cut deli meats, and Wisconsin cheeses from a cheesemaker whose business has been open since 1908.

When we opened the Bistro we purchased glass goblets that are of a thicker construction to stand up to the high volume of use we hoped they would get. The manufacturer suggested this particular goblet for a number of beverages, so we went with that choice, since we serve a number of beverages. There have always been wine glasses on site at the Bistro, for those who preferred them, but we will, at your suggestion, consider using them as our standard.

I’m very sorry you missed out on the winery, as that is where our expertise lies. We are a small family winery with award-winning wines, all crafted on site.

So, just to clarify this: we are a winery that happens to have a sandwich shop next door for your convenience, not a sandwich shop that happens to have a winery next door.

Thank you once more for caring enough to share your thoughts with us. We depend on the opinions of our guests to know how we are doing.
Milton, Wisconsin, United States
“Winesdays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Perfect venue for midweek visits with girlfriends! The staff is fabulous! It's our own "Cheers" in Milton, WI where "everyone knows your name"!

Visited April 2014
Milton, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“Favorite winery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

So happy and proud to have Northleaf in Milton! Not only is the place adorable, but the wine is so yummy! Merlot is my favorite! Pair with cheese or chocolate or combo your night with a dinner at the bistro across the way. Music almost every Fri, patio in the summer, super nice employees, fun stuff for purchase. Just a great place!

Visited April 2014