“great place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chandler, Arizona
“great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great place to have a beer and great food
Watch a game or have a good quality meal
The atmosphere is perfect for relaxed meal or just to hang out with friends and have a few drinks

Visited December 2013

Woodstock, Illinois
“Thankfully Open”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were looking for a place that was open Thanksgiving for a buffet with a reasonable price. Claddagh had decent food at decent prices, and, as in my other restaurant reviews, as long as my stomach is happy, I'm happy. The buffet had hot food and was kept hot, not every restaurant is able to do this well. The selection was great-apart from the obvious turkey, mashed potatoes and yams, there was also a chef slicing prime rib, some blackened chicken and assortment of salads. Desserts were lovely. Irish coffee was appropriately Irish and the service was good-plates were whisked away as soon as we were finished. In all, pretty good for the four of us.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wisconsin
“Really nice atmosphere, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a nice place with plenty of space, but the food is just mediocre. It isn't bad, it just isn't special. Even though the place is quite large, they can get very busy because of it's location, which is in a shopping area. The last time we ate there, I got a horrible stomach ache, so am reluctant to return. Again, everyone else at our table had a decent meal, but I have the belief that if you're going to spend the time and money to go out to eat, whether a casual lunch or nice dinner, make it some place that is going to wow you because there are a LOT of places in that area that can wow you.

Visited November 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Worst service ever!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were so, so disappointed with our recent experience as we met friends there at our recommendation. Service was extremely slow with some of our order never coming at all due to our inattentive and "checked-out" waitress. We waited long periods for beverage orders and when they did arrive, one was incorrect with no apology. Our food orders were fine except portions were extremely small for the $8 price. We spoke to the manager as we left and she apologized but offered us nothing more in compensation for the horrendous service. Never coming back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, WI
“Bland food, mediocre service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I came in for dinner on a Thursday night - Thursday night is Trivia night and it is pretty loud, but the noise wasn't the issue. It was the service and food. Our waitress was nice and offered to answer menu questions which I took her up on asking a couple of items on the menu like the corned beef and cabbage rolls - I specifically asked if it was corned beef inside cabbage - she said yes so I ordered them. I was debating weather to order some soup and the waitress said, that soup doesn't take long and I could order it later if I wanted - though she never came back to ask if I still wanted the soup. My husband ordered the bangers and mash. We didn't have to wait too long for the food to arrive, but instead of the corned beef and cabbage rolls, I received the corned beef sliders - the waitress that delivered the food was nice enough to leave them and also placed another order for the corned beef and cabbage rolls. Since I was hungry I ate one of the sliders and it was decent. My husband's dish was just so so, the gravy looked good until I tried it, bland and didn't taste home made like they used onion soup to make it. When the corned beef and cabbage rolls arrived, I was surprised to see that they were actually egg rolls stuffed with mostly potatoes and a little corned beef and cabbage. Obviously this was not as described on the menu or by the waitress and the worst part is they were super bland and not good - I ate 1/2. The original waitress did come by to say it was her fault my order got screwed up. Prior to receiving the bill we gave the waitress a $10 certificate purchased through Community Change to support a charity. When the bill arrived I was surprised to see that we were charged for the wrong appetizer in addition to the one I actually ordered. When I pointed that out to the waitress she said she could take it off but then we couldn't use the certificate because we had to order 2 entrees in order to use it and went on and on how people don't read the fine print. I didn't recall seeing the 2 entree requirement on the certificate, but let it go. I happen to have another certificate at home and so checked it - here is what the certificate said "Valid for parties of 2 or more. Savings Certificates may NOT be combined. One certificate allowed per visit per table. Not valid on daily specials, coupons or other offers." The certificate did NOT state we had to order 2 entrees so be careful when using these as it seems that Claddah likes to make up the rules, rather than follow what's stated. Needless to say, I'll be throwing out the certificate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere