“Good Pies!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Amherst, Wisconsin
“Good Pies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

Food and service was good. Place was busy and it seemed like the staff always new someone walking in. Pies were very good. Would come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Wisconsin
“I heart 3.14!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you are looking for a popular, classic 50's style diner with great burgers, salads, sandwiches, and PIE? Then, go to Hubbard. I have not come for breakfast yet, but everything else on the menu is tops. You get a great quantity of food, at slightly high rates (about $10-$12 for any dish on the menu). I would have expected $5-$6, but it is Middleton. After dinner, PLEASE, don't forget the pie. A quick count on the website lists 136 different flavors. I prefer the Key Lime or the Rhubarb, but they will have scads to choose from. After a drink, meal and pie, I usually have a $20 or so bill PER PERSON. So it is a little high, which I am not a fan of, but I will pay for the quality!

• Visited July 2011
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Classic diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We went here on a Sunday morning, had to wait about 15 minutes for a table at 10 am, when we left at 10:45 or so the wait was a lot longer. But it was their annual Good Neighbor celebration weekend, so that probably contributed. We had probably the best booth in the place, right next to a curved glass block wall, so that probably made the food and service seem better, but all in all both were fine.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“Nostalgic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stepping into the Hubbard Avenue Diner was like a time warp of a 1950s movie, but without the cliche. Squeaky clean and full of patrons at 11:15 AM on a Tuesday, we had to wait 20 minutes for a table. My reuben was sensational, and my partner's Wisconsin burger was also delicious. We were very tight on time and had to skip dessert, but we will be back. I was also pleased to see that whole pies are available for purchase. Next time, we'll take the kids.

• Visited February 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
“pies is a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Pies are a little pricey in my opinion ($5 a slice). But the french silk is to die for. I also really enjoyed the chicken pot pie. Diner atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere