“Just what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Santo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wisconsin
“Just what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We wanted excellent food and good atmosphere for a special family event and we got both. Everyone was pleased with their dishes and my Scampi Gabriella was one of the best shrimp dishes I've had. I don't know why other restaurants don't add the pancetta, but it was just the right accent to the dish. Portions were very generous, we all took home leftovers, in fact my leftovers with just a bit more shrimp and my own salad made another meal for hubby and me. My only minor complaint (very minor) was that the bread--which was excellent only came with olive oil. I'm partial to butter (hey, I'm from WI) and it took quite a while to get it after I requested it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Food and a several Gluten Free Selections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

We just had a family dinner at Vin Santo tonight to celebrate a new job. The restaurant is a quiet, unassuming place, but is very quaint on the inside. The menu is varied and incredibly, has a whole gluten free section. These are GF selections that are offered everyday and not the usual "take the bun off the hamburger" kind of selections. I had a wonderful chicken dish that didn't make me feel like I was being deprived because they had to leave out half of the recipe to be GF. We all had different meals (mine was the only GF) and every meal was perfectly prepared and ample. The salmon was to die for! The tiramisu was really good and one was enough for our entire table...it was huge! You can tell they're doing things right....it's a Tuesday night and it was busy!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, WI
“The Best in the Madison Area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Love it - locally owned, top-quality, knowledgable staff...the portions are so large that my husband and I often split an entree and then split a piece of tiramisu which is also enormous. It is the best tiramisu I've ever had! We find the seafood dishes to be especially good! I want to go there right now just thinking about it. I wish the ambiance was a bit nicer but you can't have everything! One of our favorite date nights is having a pre-dinner drink at Louisianne's (next door - very cool bar area) and then having dinner at Vin Santo.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto
“Really nice small Italian Ristorante”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We are staying in Madison on business for a week or so and eating at fine local restaurants is one of our travelling pleasures. Vin Santo is a really nice small town Italian restaurant.

I had the halibut with snap peas. The fish (about 1 and 1/2 inches thick) was beautifully cooked with a subtle cream sauce and accompanying snap peas a la dente. My partner had a generous sausage and fresh pasta dish with traditional zesty tomato sauce. Both meals were cooked from fresh (not reheated), fragrant and tasty and were accompanied with a reasonably priced but superb Tuscan Chianti Classico .

Staff was knowledgeable and quick.

All in all a fine rustic Italian dining.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is my all-time favorite restaurant!!! Excellent everything. I'm surprised it's not busier sometimes. I wish I...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

This is my all-time favorite restaurant!!! Excellent everything. I'm surprised it's not busier sometimes. I wish I would eat there more often