“Comfortable atmosphere, nice bar, good pub food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Middleton
Description: Full details on the pub's website: http://www.freehousepub.com
Description: Full details on the pub's website: http://www.freehousepub.com
Madison, Wisconsin
“Comfortable atmosphere, nice bar, good pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good selection of local micros brews, whiskeys, and some wine. The food has a local connection and is just right for a complement to the pub atmosphere. This is relatively new so they are continuing to make some changes/improvements. No need to wait - it is good now.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Comfortable Pub Fare setting with great food and beer selection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went here for dinner on a weekday evening. We sat in the outdoor patio which was very pleasant and comfortable. The service was excellent and the choices on the food menu and drink menu were varied.
I had the Cajun chicken sandwich with greens and my wife had the Avacado Salad. Both were excellent. Prices were comparable to like venues in Dane Co.
We will certainly return, as the experience was quite enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Waunakee, Wisconsin
“we felt like we were on vacation, dining al fresca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate there on a Saturday evening in August. We arrived early and had our choice of tables, but by 6 PM, the entire outdoor seating area was filled. I have no complaints about the service. I had a sandwich that was very tasty, and my husband had a burger that he said was good. The best part was that, even though there wasn't a view of anything other than the old buildings, we felt like we were transported to another city.

Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“They got it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been to the Free House Pub several times over the past month and have taken friends and family with too. Overall they are a great addition to the Middleton downtown area, have great food at decent prices.

At my last visit I sat outside and enjoyed my fish fry and beer.

They have just the right mix of everything!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middleton, Wisconsin
“No so welcoming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

It was my idea to take my out of town guest to the new "Free house" for lunch. From the time we arrived the host made it clear that they could not seat us outside or put 2 tables together for 8 guests. With plenty of wait staff on hand we recieved little service. It was mater of factly service nothing warm or to show us glad you are here. That does not cost anything when the food is just average. My burger blacken bleu was extremly small compared to a McDonalds quarter pounder.
Dry and not very flavorful for 8.50. I will not rush back to a place where I did not feel so welcomed.

• Visited August 2012