“Likely the best hotel in the Middleton/Madison area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Baltimore, Maryland
“Likely the best hotel in the Middleton/Madison area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here to apartment hunt for this coming fall. In addition to the friendly staff, reasonable rate, and typical room layout for an extended stay hotel (kitchenette and living room with extra square footage), here are some reasons for my five star review.

1) The hotel offers free airport shuttle. This is a huge deal for me since it can easily save $50+ in roundtrip taxi costs. To capitalize on the cheaper weekend rates, we only rented our car until Monday night so we needed a shuttle from the airport back to the hotel after dropping the car off and then later a shuttle to the airport after checking out. While there was a little mix-up on the hotel's side that occurred during my reservation for a shuttle, the front desk had no problem making a last minute reservation for me on both occasions. Both drivers were friendly and I had no problem tipping them at the end.

2) Hotel offers free laundry. For a five night stay, it was important for my girlfriend and I to wash our clothes halfway through the trip. It was very convenient to not have to carry a bag of quarters to the laundry room.

3) No complants with the maid's cleaning service.

4) The lady at the front desk gave us a free toiletry that was marked at $1.50 so as not to inconvenience us.

Lastly, (I treated this as more hilarious than as a complaint), on the last day of our stay, each room was getting furnished with new mattresses. At 10am, a pair of hotel contractors/workmen came into our room (knocking even though we put up the "shh! sleeping" sign) and threw all the bedding and pillows on the floor and whisked our mattress out of the room. My girlfriend had just woken up so the timing was bad but the workmen were polite and so efficient that we had a good laugh after seeing the new state of our room (see photo attached). We checked out before the new mattress arrived but I assume it was soon forthcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Whenever I visit Middleton/ Madison, I normally stay here. A gem of a hotel with nice accommodations, a good breakfast, and even a light supper in mid-week.
The staff are friendly and helpful. I enjoy my stays at this venue.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stopped at this hotel at the end of a long travel day. I have to say I was a little disappointed. The front desk clerk was efficient but not overly friendly. She put us in a room with a queen bed instead of a king. The hotel didn't seem full so I'm not sure why she didn't give us an option. Our room was very musty smelling. Once we got the AC going, it got better (fortunately).
Major disappointment that the breakfast service did not begin until 7:30. For travelers and business people that is a little late. We were long gone before breakfast was served. We'll try another hotel the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear ,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel . Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to our breakfast not opening up until7:30 and not receiving the type of bed that you would have preferred. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. Rest assured, your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Middleton, WI.

Bradley C Cook
NEPA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Rather pricey for a one-night family stay, but probably saved a bundle by getting a great hot breakfast (daily) and dinner (Tues-Thurs). Didn't use the mini kitchen, complete w/2-burner stove, but enjoyed being able to watch TV in the bedroom after the kids had gone to sleep on the pullout couch in the living room. Oh, and the pillows are fantastic!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear NERA,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you liked our delicious breakfast and social hour food.Ooooh and since you liked the pillows you will love that we are getting new beds the next two weeks. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. . Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Middleton, WI.

Bradley C Cook
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Good place to spend a few days. Suites are spacious with small kitchenettes.Breakfast has a good choice for all tastes. Besides standard eggs, waffles, sausages and cereals they have fruit salad, oatmeal, some sweets and more. Few days in the week they have some complimentary snack in the evening. It is more like a dinner with wine and beer.
Service was good and helpful. The friendliness of Americans outside of metropolitan areas is impressive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night, travelling through Wisconsin, May 2013

The hotel is very easy to find and is located in a really nice neighborhood, with lots of cute little shops and restaurants within walking, or a short driving distance. The parking lot is very small, we were able to find a spot no problem though. I was also told that they have underground parking in a garage.

The lobby, business office, breakfast area, and all public areas are very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel seems really new and everything looks very modern and classy. Jan at the front desk checked us in and she was so friendly and helpful, she even remembered me from making my reservation on the phone over a month ago - she remembered that I said that I was travelling with my Grandma - so she had taken it upon herself to assign us a first floor room which was a pleasant surprise upon arrival. Jan deserves recognition from Management.

The room was SO nice ! Full kitchen stocked with dishes and utensils, nice bar area, seating room, seperate bedroom and bathroom. They even provide nice Wolfgang Puck coffee and a bag of microwave popcorn. The bedding was really really nice - I wish I had the comforter at home. No issues with noise even though it is right next to the freeway. Well stocked bathroom as well.

Nice pool area (although the towels are ridiculously small) and the pool was actually really warm, I usually find them to be cold. The hot tub was also hot and a nice size.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is something that some restaurants would charge you up to $10 for. Really nice options and hot food. Also, the breakfast eating area is very cute and nice - tv's, fireplace, newspapers, and a nice window.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and I cannot wait for my next stay at a Staybridge Suites - thank you again to Jan at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The staff, the rooms, the breakfasts....everything here has been perfect during our four stays here. The rooms have always been immaculately clean, and we really appreciate the in room full size refrigerator for leftover containers from fabulous meals in and around Middleton.

Room Tip: Pop for the suite if you can afford one, very VERY spacious!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison? Share your experiences!