“Better than my last visit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Middleton
East Lansing, Michigan
“Better than my last visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff was great. The location is good with plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The big drawback here is the road noise from the highway. Not all rooms have this problem.

I appreciated the food and alcohol that is served free for guests in the evenings. The staff is also great about sending out the shuttle van to drop you off and pick you up. When Epic is having an event this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bladenboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My sister was married last weekend, and for three days we spent at the Staybridge was wonderful. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty for our families and friends that stayed there. It was very clean, in a great location, right off the Interstate and close to many stores and restaurants. Breakfast was nice too. Would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are very nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night recently, and my youngest son left my iPod Touch sitting on the counter of the room as we were all rushing out the door late to a racquetball tournament. We didn't realize it until late that night upon our return home. I called the hotel and they said the Assistant Manager Melissa was in charge of lost and found and wouldn't be in until Monday. I called the next morning Sunday @ 7:30 am and explained the story again and that my youngest son was very upset and had a difficult time sleeping from the anxiety of what he did. The lady said she would take a message for Melissa. At 9:30 that same morning, we received a call from Melissa that they had found it and would ship it out by UPS Monday morning, which I gladly paid for. I received it two days later very carefully packaged so as not to damage it. I am very thankful to the staff and their willingness to help with this. I'm sure people leave things all the time but this particular item was a Mothers Day gift from my three boys and held a very sentimental meaning to me. I couldn't thank the staff enough!!! While we there the staff were very friendly and the breakfast lady was very warm and inviting and took an interest in everyone there. Great customer service

Room Tip: The beds in the 2 room suite were very hard and uncomfortable. I don't know if the other rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I wanted to like Staybridge Suites, as it was very convenient. We stayed there for six days. Cleanliness is very important, but three times (!) the dishes were filthy, including a line of black gunk on the bottom of my orange juice glass, after I had finished drinking it! There is a convenient laundry room, but you had to turn on all of the dryers with a pair of pliers! Breakfast was often cold... stone cold oatmeal, barely warm pancakes... water for the tea was like tap water. There were dogs in the facility that barked at all hours. The parking garage was full at ten o'clock at night three days in a row, so we had to walk outside with our luggage while it was snowing! There seemed to be enough staffing, but the staff certainly didn't seem alert to these problems. It shouldn't take too much to fix these problems, which are extremely important.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the Beltline. Our rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear msclavel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and each time they have exceeded my expectations. The staff is phenomenal! From the front desk, housekeeping, the breakfast and dinner staff, and the shuttle drivers are all fabulous and really keep customer service in mind. The shuttle drivers by far exceed my expectations. They are always prompt, very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the beds comfortable. The kitchenettes are great and have everything you could want when it come to dishes/silverware/plates/etc. The location is great and it's convenient to everything. The only downside is the highway and if you have a room on that side then it can be a little noisy but that's nothing I can fault the hotel for. The evening happy hour is one of the best I've been to; good range of alcohol choices and sodas as well as food. The breakfast is good in the morning as well. The hotel is very clean as well. I will be coming back here anytime I come to Madison.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard instead of the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sbsmiddleton, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Lisa B,

Thank you for the kind words. We ( the staff ) are trying harder to meet all of our guest needs and wants. We are striving to make everyone's stay a great experience at the Staybridge Suites in Middleton Wi
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this location. The manager's reception was very nice. Tuesday is taco night (food was good). The man who served the drinks was very nice and provided great service. His smile was engaging. He was kind enough to deliver the drinks right to our table. The morning breakfast was very good. Our only complaint was the hard pillows (very uncomfortable).

The hotel is within walking distance to a number of local bars and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. Our staff tries hard to make sure everyone's stay is the best. As far as the pillows go we will be replacing them in 2013 and hope that they will satisfy the issues that you had with them.

Thank you again from thestaff at Staybridge Suites in Middleton Wi
GAINESVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge-Middleton for two nights in late October. We found the room to be spacious and clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly. The main feature we will remember is the excellent free breakfast buffet which was similar to what you often pay $12-15 in many hotels. It included hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit and juice, scrambled eggs and ham or bacon with toast or muffins. On Sunday there were waffles and pancakes as well. Our only minor quibble was that the coffee was brewed a bit on the weak side.
We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return on our next trip to the Madison-Middleton area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We try and present the best breakfast we can and hope that our guest enjoy it like you did. I will check into the coffee and see if we can make it stronger.

Thank you again from the Staybridge Suites in Middleton Wi

Been to Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison? Share your experiences!