“Wonderful hotel with nice ambience.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Middleton
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful hotel with nice ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Its a nice hotel with rooms doors pointing inwards to the internal space. Nice ambience. Cosy.
Gym is equipped with 3 threadmills and 2 exercise bikes and a heated pool and jacauzzi.
Only 2 lifts, so that slows down vertical transport.
Rooms are nice and big.
Only 1 gripe - I found hair in the toilet, the cleaners did not do a good job of cleaning.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hopkinton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011 via mobile

Excellent staff there to help in any way and very friendly. The room is a different matter. The sheets on my king size bed were paper thin and the bath towels must be years old, making it feel like I'm at a motel 6. For business the desk was very nice but only had one power receptacle available that was under the desk and made me choose which device to recharge. For these reasons I would not recommend this hotel. There are many other more modern hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2011
Saint Germain, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I have never been to a noisier hotel. It was very difficult to sleep at night because the bar/lounge area is in the center of the hotel and the rooms are circled around it. I was here for a class/conference and got very little sleep which left me less than prepared for long days of classwork. If you have to stay here, try requesting a room on one of the higher floors. And the high speed internet cost $10 per day with no free hot zones.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is an older, atrium-style hotel, and a bit out of the way. The room was spacious and comfortable, but we needed to switch because our first room smelt funky. Free laundry machines available. The Wifi is expensive and didn't work in my room. However, at check-out the charges were removed. Courteous and friendly staff. The hotel felt very empty.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I attended a three-day conference at the Marriott Madison West, which is why I stayed at this hotel. I have attended this conference in previous years, and I have stayed at the Marriott as well as other nearby hotels. The convenience of staying in the same hotel where the events are held was my main reason for staying here. The group negotiated a rate of $109 per night.

Like most Marriotts, this property is well suited for the business traveler. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and up to date. They are also quiet. A group of high school students also had event at the same time, and I was never disturbed by noise at night. There is a bar and restaurant in the main atrium area, which is also convenient. I ate breakfast at the restaurant on the morning I left. The breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced at about $12.

Internet access is available for $13 per day. This is overpriced in my opinion, but most business travelers will submit the bill as a travel expense, so most users don't worry about this expense. The access service was ok. It was not the fastest, but I was able to stream a Skype video call with little difficulty.

There are lots of restaurants in the immediate area, so dining outside the hotel is easy. Many are a short walk as well. There is also a Post Office about 1 mile away. The hotel is located right off the highway, so it's easy to access.

I have stayed at this hotel before, and like my previous stays, I still like staying at this hotel. It is ideal for a business function, although it would work well for a social event held at the hotel as well. I would stay here again for an event held at or near the hotel. (CS)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to accomodate my requests. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I cannot comment on the restaurant as i did not eat at the hotel (my meals were provided by the conference I attended.) The only issue I had (and its not very big) was that the fitness center was small and became crowded quickly after 6 am. I do think it is ridiculous that a Marriott which charges a nice price such as this one did not provide free internet access in the room. However, the business center had free computers to use and there was never any waiting. Overall a great stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We have been very loyal to the Marriott Chain but this property needs to be examined by their Executives.

Check-in was decent but the room had stained walls. The toilet had an issue too.

The fitness center had spoiled bananas sitting in the "fruit basket". One treadmill seemed like it was out of order for a while.

When we checked out, the woman did not say one word, honest! She looked up, we handed her our keys and said we were checking out. She nodded and when back to whatever she was doing on her computer. We were like "OOOhhhh-kay?"

If given a choice, we will not stay at this property until their Trip Advisor reviews start turning around.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Marriott Madison West, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear Ms. Janie C,

I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your last stay with the Madison Marriott West.

I have sent a seperate e-mail asking for more information on the "Stains and toilet issues" for better clarification. I promise to personally inspect the rooms to insure that we did not miss this upon cleaning of the room.

The treadmill had parts on backorder from our service provider, and it just came in yesterday, and is now repaired. Unfortunately, we repair our equipment as fast as parts are available, but it is not always the next day.

I have spoken to my Front Office Manager regarding the attitude that you also spoke of.

I appreciate your comments, as it allows us to fix any issues that we may have not been aware of.

SIncerely,

Kevin

Been to Marriott Madison West? Share your experiences!