“Overall a very nice stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Middleton
Fredonia, Wisconsin, United States
“Overall a very nice stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My big problem with the stay is that I had to get multiple room keys and none of them would work. I ended up with 8 room keys and none of them would work. The problem was the battery in the door lock was low. I got locked out of my room three times. The maintenance guy was replacing the lock as I left.

The room was clean, quiet, and updated. I slept great. The Internet worked flawlessly. The restaurant at the hotel had a tasty breakfast.

I will probably stay somewhere else next time. I also was told I couldn't get my group discount, in spite of calling before the deadline. I was told I could get a late checkout, but then it was not available when I got there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The rooms here were nice and clean....I wasn't crazy about the service and attitudes of some of the workers. They seemed to dislike their jobs and if that's the case, they need to look elsewhere. I was there for work purposes and they seemd to be overwhelmed and it wasn't that big of a group. We tried the hot tub and it was cold....heater had been turned off and we informed them of same. Conference room they put is in was too small with the amount of people that we had. Otherwise, the area around the hotel was fun! Also internet and movies were not working properly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at Marriott across the world. This was my third stay at Marriott Madison West (wanted to get some points). Trust me this is the most hopeless place in all of Madison.

Food: They have good omelletes for breakfast. I am a vegetarian - so at dinner I order for vegetarian pasta and I get bacon - they apologize and get me another one but this time full of olive oil. Casee the bartender is unable to answer my question whether I should be drinking the pasta or eat it.

Cleanliness: Have to remind the staff of what needs to be cleaned. No bottled water in rooms and the tap water is so unclean. All the coffee makers are aged and never cleaned.

Stay: Front desk manager Maria - politely curt - all Marriott's I have had repeat stays offer elite benefits or coupons as repeat customer benefits but she was perfectly OK with all of us (6) of us just checking out without any apologies for the food / uncleanliness.

Room Tip: If they offer you a free upgrade to a suite - do not fall for it - as it is going to be a normal roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Marriott Madison West, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we are working with the city to try and identify the clean water issue you had with your room as this is not something that has been reported previously or since. Cleaning policies are closely monitored and inspected and we will continue to strive to improve based on your feedback. Our Chef will continue to work closely with his staff to ensure recipes are followed and appreciate you letting us know.
Dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel....inside. Great service, nice rooms. The location might be a drawback for some. It doesn't appear to be near anything exciting. It IS close to the highway, so if you have a car you can get into Madison in a few minutes. The bar and restaurant (in the magnificent atrium) are quite good. Great selection of "local" Wisconsin micro-brews. There's a nice pool and jacuzzi, too. The hotel is attached to a large conference center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great room - surprisingly we were given a suite when we arrived. It was a score. I think it may mean something because the Dairy Man's Association was in town and rooms were hard to come by and very expensive. We had 1 issue at dinner after the football game. Our son needed food and the phenomenal managerial staff attended to my 1 complaint much to our satisfaction. Service at breakfast on our first Am was pitiful. Every morning after that was great. Not our first choice for location as we prefer to be close to downtown and walk everywhere we go. But made it thru the weekend unscathed. All is good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Amherst, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent 2 nights there recently during the Ironman event. Stayed in a suite which was very nice and comfortable. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Hotel was close to shopping areas and the highway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found the Marriott Madison West to be somewhat outdated (needing refreshing) and the room suite to be rather small. The staff was wonderful and the morning breakfast was superb. The swimming pool was rather small for the size of the property but enjoyed by the kids -- ages 8 and 6. Overall, I would rate this Marriott property below average because of age and room size but above average on staff competence and friendliness. In other words, the current staff is doing well with an older property that needs updating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Madison West? Share your experiences!