“Unforgetable” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnny's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hot Steaks, Hot Music, Hot Italian….Cool Place!Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse is reminiscent of supper clubs of the past known for their great food and good times.Steaks take center stage at Johnny’s whether it is the signature Steak DeBurgo or the ever-popular Drunken Steak. The Italian menu features favorite pasta entrees including Lasagna and tasty and unique creations like Veal Sinatra or the Chanel No. 5 (Marilyn’s favorite!). Enjoy classic martinis, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine list, all of which sets Johnny’s “Stage” for lunch or dinner. With new-fashioned luxuries, old-fashioned service and personal relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings the Rat Pack era to the 21st Century. Join the party that is always in full swing, with new-fashioned luxuries and old-fashioned service and relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings edgy cool of the Rat Pack era into the 21st century.
Waunakee, Wisconsin
“Unforgetable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

First of all, Johnny's used to be one of my favorite restaurants. We have been here many times to eat and even attended the cooking classes. It has taken me almost a year to write a review because I was hoping that I could be more accepting as time passed.

My mother, husband and I went to Johnny's for Mother's Day 2012. I am fully aware that Mother's Day is the busiest day for restaurants. I was hoping that since the cost of the brunch was pricier than most of the area brunches that it would be better than most area restaurants.

We made reservations quite a while prior to the Mother's Day. When we got there we were seated at a table for two. The waitress provided the table with an extra place setting which was prompted removed while we were standing in line waiting for the food. The wait in line was about 20 - 30 minutes because they ran out of clean plates. The dining room was very crowded as the line weaved throughout. When we got back to our table my husband was forced to seek out silverware from the hostess stand as our waitress was no where to be found. We were never served breakfast rolls as were other tables. If fact, it did not appear that we had a waitress assigned to our table.

I guess what I found the most disturbing was the chocolate fountain. It had been set up with fresh fruit and other dippers surrounding the fountain. There was one child, about 10 years old, that stood by the fountain and proceeded to get chocolate all over the fruit and other dippers. He then decided to dip his food not once but several times in the chocolate, eating the chocolate off between bites while the staff watched. Needless to say we all passed on the chocolate fountain. The rest of the brunch food was alright but not anything special.

In conclusion, we have not been back to Johnny's since.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Madison, WI
“Great Steak Dinner without the Kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great Service...I was wanting a specialty drink not on the menu and the bartender asked me what I liked and made her own Martini concoction for me. The shrimp cocktail was fantastic. The shrimp were so big and meaty with a delicious dip. We had the 10 oz Filet Oscar style and we both still talk about what an amazing meal. It is pricy but worth it for a night out without the kids!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middleton, Wisconsin
“way to dark and music to loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

food was ok, nothing special, went early but the place was so dark we had trouble reading the menus and we are not senior citizens. asked to be seated as far from the music as could so we could hear each other talk.

Visited September 2012
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

10 oz Filet Oscar style was fantastic. Cooked to a perfect Medium rare. Bartender was helpful in selecting a local beer from the many they have on tap.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Underwhelmed on many occasions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Have been her several times over the last few years and have never been overly impressed. Red sauce is really bland and less than average tasting. Great service, but just not impressed with the food especially for the price.

Visited December 2012