“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

2701 Century Harbor Road, Middleton, WI
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain Bill's Waterfront Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 85 restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Street, Allen Blvd
Description: Use the address not your GPS by name-the GPS will take you to the corporate office not the restaurant. Great food and fabulous service. Very reasonable prices and good portions. When there was a problem with my order the owner took care of it personally. I would go back in a heart neat.
wisconsin
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

A group of friends went to Captain Bills for dinner during Madison Restaurant Week. What a surprise. The three menu selections could not have been better. The wedge salad was delicious, then the entre of steak and LOBSTER. The lobster was served with clarified butter and perfect firmness. The steak was tender and succulent. For desert we had the chocolate bread pudding which delighted the taste buds! All that and an excellent waitress made this evening one of the best in months!

Visited July 2012

50% Recommend
“great waterside spot- best clam chowder i've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

great view, great drinks, best clam chowder in US as per Food Channel and I concur. Oysters on the half shell. Nice outdoor deck. Cozy fire in cold weather.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Seafood Restaurant With No Fresh Seafood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many, many times over the last 12 years. As of last night, I am officially done eating here. I always thought the place was average to mediocre...but I WANTED to like this place, I really did. It's a local restaurant and I like to give my business to the locals, but I will never go back to Captain Bill's again. When I ate there time before last, I asked if the salmon was fresh. My server said, "No. We live in Wisconsin, it's impossible to have fresh seafood." WHAT? That was news to me, and she was a bit snotty about it, too. Last night, I ordered the sea scallops. There were supposed to be seared. They came out with a greasy coating of flour or cornstarch that coated my mouth in a very unpleasant way. Also, the scallops were still ice cold on the inside. (I like my scallops warmed through, at least.) The baked potato that came with my meal was way over cooked and had that really gross taste to it. I really think that it was cooked, put in the fridge and microwaved. The vegetables were practically unrecognizable and ridiculously greasy. Overall, it was a horrible meal that I spent $30 on. I didn't even bother complaining because I was just so done with this place. Bottom line: Captain Bill's needs a desperate overhaul of the menu, chef and decor.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina, USA
“Average Food, not so great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

For a restaurant that boasts having fresh seafood and "Food Network" featured crab cakes our expectations were a little on the high side.
We ordered the Shrimp Flatbread to start which was served with what appeared to be the small canned shrimp as a topping. The fresh basil was a nice touch but the flat bread was really dry. A nice grilled shrimp topping would have done so much more for this appetizer as well as a fresher type bread base.
We ordered crab cakes as our entree and although they were large and full of crab the next ingredient was a mayonaise base. They were not hot all the way through and the sauce that was dumped on top did not do a whole lot for the crab cake. They needed some texture and seasoning. The rice pilaf was sticky and overcooked and the "fresh vegetable" was previously frozen. Anyone who ever ate a frozen carrot knows this assault on taste and texture. There is no mistaking fresh carrots.
Lastly, the view, it is obscured for the most part and for the large lovely lakes of Wisconsin this did not really do it justice.

• Visited June 2011