“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 North Port Washington Road, Mequon, WI 53092 (Formerly Quiet House & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mequon
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Recently spent 4 very pleasant nights here. Staff are all extremely helpful and friendly, the room was perfectly fine, reasonable size and the facilities were excellent. Breakfast and all day coffee very good. Would be more than happy to return here and have no hesitation in recommending this establishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is by far, one of the best stays at a hotel I have experienced. Great location, close enough to MIlwaukee to be convenient but far enough to be quiet and comfortable as I'm not a city girl. The property exterior was pleasant and clean and looked more like a large inn as opposed to a cookie cutter motel. There were many dining options nearby and we eventually chose the Centennial Bar & Grill which was right next door. GREAT place for just about any kind of meal you are hankering for.

Back to the Quiet House though. My husband and I stayed here to have a kid free, 5 year anniversary evening to ourselves. I chose the Oriental whirlpool suite and it was spectacular. The room was modern, clean, well put together and large. It had all of the things you would expect and many, many extras. The owners certainly have an eye for details...from the beautiful bedding to the black laquer furniture and even a pagoda style light. Wonderful from the moment we opened the door. The room was large enough to have a 2-3 person whirlpool tub, king size bed and living area and not feel one bit cramped. As is normal for whirlpool suites, the tub is in the main area but it is done so well, it is definitely it's own space and experience.

We briefly checked out the pool area and decided that we will come back some time in the future, with our kids, in a regular room because they would DIE for this pool area. It's a indoor/outdoor pool which is something you just don't see much. The pool and hot tub area were well maintained and I, a germ phobe, wouldn't think twice about being in either.

The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. Before booking a room, I called to inquire about the suites and Jessi was more than helpful and patient in explaining the details of the room. The common areas were modern and clean. The lobby felt like a lodge with the log furniture and fireplace aglow.

We will definitely be back in the future...with and without our children.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times out of convenience because I had to be in the surrounding suburbs. All I can say is it is ok. The people are nice and the breakfast and coffee is pretty good but the rooms are getting quite shabby. One of the rooms we stayed in this summer had an extremely musty smell and the bed spreads and sheets are REALLY in need of updating. If they did a little sprucing up (new bed covers, sheets, couches) the place would get a better review from me. The lobby area is inviting and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
50104, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thanks very much for your review of our place this summer, We have added new bedding and extra pillows to every room. Fresh banana's and Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sandwiches to our breakfast. Thanks for your review we look forward to seeing you again.
PEWAUKEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Older property that is spacious and well-maintained. I enjoyed being there. Very well cared for. Rooms were large and comfortable. Even bathroom was ok in size for this vintage motel. Pool is indoor outdoor and looked clean and inviting. Staff was attentive. Only suggestion would be to upgrade the breakfast to fresher and more healthy choices.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
50104, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks for your wonderful comments we love to see you again, we will be adding local bakery items and sausage biscuit sandwiches to our breakfast along with two fruits and an attendant on our busy days.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Ron Allen
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

First time there and will be back. The rooms are spacious. The hotel staff was amazing. Everyone I walked by said hello or asked if there was anything they could help with. Took maybe fifteen minutes to get to downtown Milwaukee. Coolest pool I've seen. Also close to a few small towns on the shores dof Lake Michigan. Could spend a week there easily and just might soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oxnard Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I can't say enough about this Best Western Quiet House in Mequon! I have stayed at Best Western Hotels all over the world and have never had a more pleasant experience than I had at this Best Western Quiet House in little Mequon, Wisconsin. From my first encounter with the staff~ an airport shuttle pick-upon my arrival to Milwaukee area, to my hotel check-out almost a month later the service of General Manager, Chris Allen, and his staff were exemplary! I couldn't have been travelling under worse circumstances or dealing with more duress; however, I credit the cleanliness, attentiveness, friendliness, patience, understanding and charm of Ron Allen and his staff at the Best Western Quiet House, for making an extremely awkward visit a wonderful experience. (Not to mention that this review is coming from a well-travelled, tainted Interior Designer who has had the good fortune of staying at, working with, and participating in designing for some of the best hotel operators out there... Disney, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, & Westin just to name-drop a few!) If you want charm, cleanliness and attentiveness, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Loved the themed suites~ quaint & fun! Really needed and took advantage of the over-sized, in-r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I always research the hotels that I stay at on Tripadvisor before I choose to book. This one was no exception, and the reviews seemed positive so I was excited for my stay.

I was part of a wedding party that had negotiated a block of rooms and shuttle service to and from the wedding. I called the morning of the wedding and asked if I could have an early check-in. The woman agreed to a noon check-in. Then I asked if I could check in for the bride and groom whose room was supposed to be complimentary, and she said she didn't know anything about the complimentary room. This is where the hospitality professional should say, "Let me check on that for you." Instead, I had to prompt her to look into the issue, and request a call back from her to let me know what the status of it was. Which she never did. Eventually, I called back to check on the status which she said she forgot to ask her manager about. To the credit of the hotel, after the second reminder, they fixed the error and the bride's room was complimentary after all.

Then comes to check-in time. The early check-in at noon was not granted (surprise). When the room was finally "ready", we were sorry that we had asked for the favor because the housekeeper was so rushed that he/she left actual poop smeared on the outside of the toilet. Being that we were running late for the wedding, we didn't have time to report it so we cleaned it ourselves. Gross.

Part of the wedding negotiations was to have a shuttle take the guests at 3pm to the wedding and then run continuously between the hotel and the wedding reception between the hours of 12am and 2am. This was the main reason why the bride chose this hotel for her big day. The shuttle to the wedding went well from what I heard...thank goodness. On the way home, things were not so good. The first shuttle did not arrive at the wedding reception until 12:45am- after at least 4 calls to the hotel where we were told "I don't know what happened to the driver". Drunk wedding guests waiting around for the shuttle is a disaster waiting to happen, and when the wedding is over the bride shouldn't have to stress about how her guests are going to get home safely since the arrangements she made arent working out. Later we were told an emergency came up and that's why the shuttle was almost an hour late. Two customer service ideas for the future: #1- tell your guests an emergency has come up. It will be better received than "I don't know". #2- If you can't honor your commitment with your shuttle, find an alternative- a cab company, etc.

Breakfast the next morning- I watched the front desk clerk squeeze herself into the small area dedicated to the breakfast lineup between me and two other guests to help herself to breakfast that was scarce at this point. I didn't expect much from the breakfast, but milk for the cereal would have been nice.

And now the kicker...I requested a copy of my receipt at the end of the stay, and saw an extra line item that I didn't expect labeled "Handling Fee". I asked what this was for and the front desk agent told me "It's a housekeeping fee". Seriously??? I have to pay EXTRA to have poop smeared on my toilet? All I could do was shake my head, laugh, and promptly exit before I lost it.

Service, cleanliness, and value are things that I look for in a hotel. This one had none of the above. Sad!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
July 2, 2012

Dear mrandmrstoad0709,

Thank you for your comments recently posted to Trip Advisor. I would have greatly appreciated the chance to correct the problems with your stay from the first moment. In the future, whether you are staying at our property or another, please ask to speak to the General Manger, as they would be more than happy to correct any problems on the spot rather than wait to see a review on a travel website.

I do apologize for your room not being ready when you arrived, our weekends are some of our busiest times and our staff’s ability to get the rooms ready for the normal check in time of 2 PM is dependent on the previous guest checking out on time. I have addressed the cleanliness of the guest bathroom with my housekeeping staff and have taken steps with additional training to ensure this does not happen again. If you had called the front desk with your problem, an alternate room could have been used for you and you would not have had to deal with the problem yourself.

With regards to the shuttle service, we did have a guest emergency that required the use of the shuttle. Unfortunately Mequon does not offer a taxi service. The closest taxi service is located in Milwaukee and based on previous experience would have taken longer to arrive than the shuttle after dealing with our guest emergency. I have also used your experience to provide additional training for our Front Desk staff. After speaking with my shuttle driver, it was determined that we also shuttled many of the other wedding guests that were not guest’s of the Best Western Quiet House to their hotels, which also added to the shuttle not being able to return in a timely manner. Since we are the only hotel in Mequon that does have a shuttle, this shuttling service was added as a courtesy to the wedding guests at no additional charge to the wedding party.

Again, if you had contacted me regarding the problems with your stay prior to leaving, most of the issues could have been resolved at that time. Thank you for your comments.

Ron Allen

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area? Share your experiences!