“The health department should condemn ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1815 North Broadway Street, Menomonie, WI 54751 (Formerly Holiday Manor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Menomonie
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“The health department should condemn ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

DO NOT STAY!! This is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. I'd rather sleep in a tent in the parking lot or in my car. Stains on the walls and bed. Legit holes in the floors. Pretty sure the pull out couch at bed bugs. My room smelled like smoke and it's a smoke free hotel. Just gross! Holes in the sheets and cigarette holes in the carpet.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Don't stay here! The place is nasty and dirty. Our room had bugs crawling on the curtains, cracked yellow walls and holes in the floor. The room smelled of cigarettes. There was no other rooms available in the city so we were stuck! I can't believe this place is allowed to stay in business!

Room Tip: If I were to stay in Menomonie I would stay at the AmericInn or Country Inn and Suites:)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Antigo, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We got a discount rate through Priceline and boy are we glad. Called ahead of time and were told we had two queen beds.... got there and had to cram 4 people into two doubles (maybe). Pool and hot tub looked dirty at bottom, then there were dead bugs and hair all over room's bathtub. In the morning, we went to breakfast and there wasn't enough room for everyone and front desk just basically shrugged us off. When we were picking up things to leave we found dirt, sugar packets, etc. stuffed behind the dresser as if furniture never gets moved in a room.

Good for a solo traveler who needs a bed to sleep in, but past that I can't really recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 1 have either quick access to car or nice patio area
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Trevor, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We did not make reservations early and ended up staying here...the outside was not kept up very well and the check in staff was not very friendly. The room was small and the carpets were spotted. There was long hairs in the bathtub drain and mildew on the tile grout. The whole motel is due for a major updating. We also found out at a local restaurant that there was a boil order in effect for the water in town and were never advised about drinking the water. That could have been major health concern! Luckily we were bothered by it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Came through town at the end of a wonderful vacation and needed to stop for the night. Was told they only had two rooms left. Charged $146.00 for the night. Price marked on the door of the room was under $100.00. Got ready to put the kids to bed and when we pulled back the sheets there were brown smears on the sheets and they went though to the mattress pad. Guess the bed was not changed. YUCK!!! Needless to say kids slept on the futon in the room. Called front desk that night and told them about it the next day at check out as well. Called twice upon return home and could not talk to a manager. Finally received a message on our answering machine that they adjusted our charge. Instead of comping the room they took $20.00 off the bill. Please don't stay here! It was a very filthy hotel in illrepair. Pick another hotel or keep driving to the next town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

University graduation weekend so rooms were hard to find and priced accordingly. There was probably a reason why this place had a room open. Just needed a clean and simple room but paid alot for a bad experience in a "suite" that was left. The room was dirty and very outdated. We needed to use the pullout couch for kids, which was broken- they slept at an angle. Brought blanket in from the car. Had to ask for soap and linen. Did not allow kids to swim in the pool, paint flaking and dilapidated. Atrium had unfinished paint and construction, but did not appear to be under construction. We got up and got out as soon as possible. Never again - I would sleep in my car first!

• Stayed May 2013
Rome City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in Menomonie for a single night on business. I'm never sure whether I'll make it to the area as scheduled, so I hardly ever make reservations in advance. En route, I called around and found that the least expensive properties were this Econo Lodge ($50 total) and the Motel 6 ($47 total). The price I was quoted and received was after I mentioned the AAA rate. The Econo Lodge was actually 20% less than the coupon I had for the Super 8. I chose the Econo Lodge because of the added amenities that it offered and I was quite satisfied. They offer a fair sized parking area for large vehicles and RV's. Check in was amazingly quick and painless. I was able to park at my room door, but had to enter through the interior door since the exterior was secured with the bolt. This is NOT a new property, but I found the lobby, pool area and my room to be very clean. The room provided a solid selection of cable channels and there was a printed channel guide, which is always a bonus. The wifi signal was strong and reliable all night. The room was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. There are numerous restaurants in the area and plenty of menus in the lobby if you want to have something delivered to your room. Breakfast consisted of a nice selection of pastries, cereals and freshly made waffles. Overall, I thought that this was a pretty decent motel for the price, especially when compared to the other motels in the area. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!