“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Main St, Menomonee Falls, WI
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RBG Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: us highway 41
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have eaten at RBG's several times. We weren't quite sure what to expect the first time but were pleasantly surprised. The food and service have been consistently very good. It has a nice atmosphere and decor. Would recommend a visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, WI
“Really good reasonable priced food & great drink menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love the variety of well prepared food - well seasoned

Don't forget the back of the menu for the drinks - tried a new wine Leyda - delicious!

• Visited March 2013
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try a new restaurant in which we could use a coupon from the entertainment book. RBG offered this so we thought we would give it a try. We have had pretty good luck with restaurants attached to hotels. There were not many customers on a Sunday around noon. We got exceptional service. I ordered the Salmon with mashed red potatoes, and my husband ordered the stuffed Meatloaf. Both of our choices were absolutely delicious! We will definitely be returning!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wind Lake, Wisconsin
“GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went here for lunch today. I had never been here before. I love the decor in the dining room. Very modern and inviting. I had a hard time deciding on my meal because the menu offered so many choices! I had pot roast, which was probably the best pot roast I've ever eaten--VERY tender, hugh portion, perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots that came with it. It also included a house salad. One of my dining friends had a rib sandwich which he said was also very good. I would definitely recommend. I want to go back for their Easter brunch (which they were advertising on the tables) and happy hour. The drink menu looked great!

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
“They Redeemed Themselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was looking for a new restaurant in the Menomonee Falls area to celebrate my mother's birthday. This restaurant came up a few times, and I decided to call them. I called on Friday night around 1030 pm because I could not find a menu online. The woman who answered the phone was very patient and walked me through the menu; the options available seemed to be a good fit for my mom and our family; therefore, I made reservations for Saturday evening at 6pm.

My boyfriend and I met my mom and her boyfriend an hour before the rest of the family came to have a couple drinks. When we arrived there was hardly anyone there, so it was nice and quiet. The bar looked modern and very clean; they also have a great bottled beer selection (not a ton on tap). Our first bartender, Holly, was right on task and personable, took our drink orders and was prompt.

Then something weird happened; there was a male bartender who was trying to throw away an empty bottle, but inadvertently missed the garbage can and it landed in front my mom. No big deal, we're pretty laid back people; however, what happened after that did not make sense. He asked my mom's boyfriend if he needed a beer and if my mom needed a drink, they both said yes, but he did not take their money from where they left it. Every bar I have ever been to, takes the money you have sitting out as a payment after the drink is served.. I assumed that he was treating them to a drink since he inadvertently threw a bottle at my mom, and we all assumed that...more on that shortly. Then, I noticed that my boyfriend had an empty glass of beer, after noticing that, I looked up and saw three bartenders gabbing right in front of him. I looked at my boyfriend and saw that he noticed it too, to which he said, "Instead of refilling my beer, they are too busy finishing their conversation." At that point, the same male that threw the bottle, broke away from the conversation and asked both of us for our drink order, but did not take the cash sitting on the edge of the bar, once again, I attributed it to good customer service; my boyfriend was ignored, but they made up for it with a beer. About 20 minutes later when I ordered another beer, that gentleman informed me that he wasn't sure how I wanted to pay for my current order because he had ALL of the drinks on one tab. In summary, we thought he was providing good customer service, but instead, we got hit with a bar bill at the end, which I just paid since it was my mom's birthday.

Onto the dinner portion; our waitress, Anna was very sweet. She has great customer service skills and I was thoroughly impressed with her; I had a special request that her that the bartender Holly worked to fulfill. Which is ultimately what redeemed the entire experience.

Most of us ordered burgers, and as the other reviews say, they were amazing.

In summary, I do recommend this restaurant; but keep in mind how you're being charged when ordering drinks. Don't want anyone encountering any surprises. Furthermore, prices for the drinks and entrees were very reasonable considering how good everything was. I actually wish lived a little closer, I would eat their burgers often.

I also wanted to add that the male bartender did a great job, and had good customer service skills, the only negative part about the evening was the surprise drink bill.