“They Redeemed Themselves” 4 of 5 stars

RBG Bar and Grill
Main St, Menomonee Falls, WI
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RBG Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: us highway 41
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
“They Redeemed Themselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was looking for a new restaurant in the Menomonee Falls area to celebrate my mother's birthday. This restaurant came up a few times, and I decided to call them. I called on Friday night around 1030 pm because I could not find a menu online. The woman who answered the phone was very patient and walked me through the menu; the options available seemed to be a good fit for my mom and our family; therefore, I made reservations for Saturday evening at 6pm.

My boyfriend and I met my mom and her boyfriend an hour before the rest of the family came to have a couple drinks. When we arrived there was hardly anyone there, so it was nice and quiet. The bar looked modern and very clean; they also have a great bottled beer selection (not a ton on tap). Our first bartender, Holly, was right on task and personable, took our drink orders and was prompt.

Then something weird happened; there was a male bartender who was trying to throw away an empty bottle, but inadvertently missed the garbage can and it landed in front my mom. No big deal, we're pretty laid back people; however, what happened after that did not make sense. He asked my mom's boyfriend if he needed a beer and if my mom needed a drink, they both said yes, but he did not take their money from where they left it. Every bar I have ever been to, takes the money you have sitting out as a payment after the drink is served.. I assumed that he was treating them to a drink since he inadvertently threw a bottle at my mom, and we all assumed that...more on that shortly. Then, I noticed that my boyfriend had an empty glass of beer, after noticing that, I looked up and saw three bartenders gabbing right in front of him. I looked at my boyfriend and saw that he noticed it too, to which he said, "Instead of refilling my beer, they are too busy finishing their conversation." At that point, the same male that threw the bottle, broke away from the conversation and asked both of us for our drink order, but did not take the cash sitting on the edge of the bar, once again, I attributed it to good customer service; my boyfriend was ignored, but they made up for it with a beer. About 20 minutes later when I ordered another beer, that gentleman informed me that he wasn't sure how I wanted to pay for my current order because he had ALL of the drinks on one tab. In summary, we thought he was providing good customer service, but instead, we got hit with a bar bill at the end, which I just paid since it was my mom's birthday.

Onto the dinner portion; our waitress, Anna was very sweet. She has great customer service skills and I was thoroughly impressed with her; I had a special request that her that the bartender Holly worked to fulfill. Which is ultimately what redeemed the entire experience.

Most of us ordered burgers, and as the other reviews say, they were amazing.

In summary, I do recommend this restaurant; but keep in mind how you're being charged when ordering drinks. Don't want anyone encountering any surprises. Furthermore, prices for the drinks and entrees were very reasonable considering how good everything was. I actually wish lived a little closer, I would eat their burgers often.

I also wanted to add that the male bartender did a great job, and had good customer service skills, the only negative part about the evening was the surprise drink bill.

• Visited February 2013

89% Recommend
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have frequented RBG often for both lunch & dinner. Fish fry is very good. Menu is diversified and have tried most of the items, with the pannini's and whiskey burger being the favorites. Sweet potato fries are crisp & flavorful.

• Visited December 2012
Wisconsin
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was not expecting too much since it was in a hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had one of the best hamburgers I have ever had - and I have been eating them for more than 60 years! Very big and tall burgers, absolutely great presentation, and wonderful sweet potatoe fries. Service was good and decor was extremely modern, different, but not 'cozy'. I typically go there during the week and the bar area is always full of happy hour people. I have been there twice, typically on Entertainment coupons (on line). Looking forward to going back. Meals cost about $8-9.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
midwest
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were at this location the Radisson is connected and they do a great job. The staff was so friendly and nice and well trained. Super location for a family to stay and dine.

• Visited October 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went here for lunch with a large group, 10 people. They were very accomodating, even offering separate checks. Food was delicious and inventive. Portions were generous. Particularly liked the "starter/dinner" idea with smaller portions for the starter menu. The menu was varied enough so that everyone could find something. Decor was comfortable and modern. Only downside, waitress didn't ask which choice of sides we would like. It was listed on the menu, but a reminder from her would have been nice. I would definitely return.

• Visited July 2012