Great spot for your winter get away! On the water near Appleton (short drive to Oshkosh, Green Bay)

hope you're a morning person, this is sunrise
lots of wildlife year round
View from the water, all windows!
house is on a seawall, have to use ladder to get into the water
living room
Menasha
Rental Home –
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

BradleyRR
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Clean, quiet home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Our stay here was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for more.

The house was very clean and quiet, with a beautiful view right onto the lake. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the hot tub in the back yard. There's something about a hot tub, looking out on to the lake... it was fun.

I wish I could go back!

The owner, Vickie, was very kind and helpful. We had everything we needed, and when we left our swimsuits in the dryer she kindly shipped them out to us the next day, no charge!

Just like advertised, the house is also very close to Appleton. It was just a few minutes drive to anything we wanted - groceries, movie theaters, restaurants, museums, more restaurants, etc.

The house is on a private drive though, so there was no traffic going by, and I think I only saw the neighbor out less than 5 times total the whole week we were there.

I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to just get away from it all and unwind.

Oh, and one final plus: The bedroom is almost pitch black dark with all the doors closed, even at 11 am - perfect for sleeping in ;)

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: How quiet and comfortable the house was
Liked least: You couldn't really swim in the lake easily, but that's not much of a downside as she provides a kayak! (and there's a hot tub!)
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks Ryan, I'm glad you enjoyed it there as much as I do. I have been blessed with great guests this year, you are welcome back any time!
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
$145
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 24 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing