“Great Mexican” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Iron River, Michigan
“Great Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant was a short walk from out hotel. The street was decorated for Christmas and the area was very quaint.

The food was very good and the bill for two including margaritas was less than $25.00.

Visited December 2012

92% Recommend
Wisconsin
“surprisingly good for such a small t.own”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Authentic Mexican food, pleasant atmosphere, and good service. Better than many Mexican Restaurants in larger towns.

Visited October 2012
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Gotta make the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We recently visited Don Ramon on a Sunday night after hearing good things from my sister. There were 3 other tables when we arrived around 7pm. The seating and bar area is a square with the bar making an L shape and the tables and booths filling the rest of the area. The tables are definitely not packed in so even on a busy Friday night you will not feel like you are eating with strangers.The kitchen is somewhat open to the dining room and doesn't look very large. Since it was not busy when we were there I don't know if it is noisy when the dining room is full and the kitchen is going at full tilt. They have three sizes of margaritas but even the 32 oz would be fine to share as a couple because it is packed with ice. For us, the salsa is a deal breaker. Don Ramon's salsa let us know we had made a good choice immediately. It is thick, clinging to your chip with lots of kick. Definitely fresh. They have a big menu which I was able to find several things I would like to try. My husband had the shrimp fajitas. A favorite of his and somehow changed at one of our other fave places. Lots of flavor and large, perfectly cooked shrimp. I had the tilapia topped with a fresh chipotle salsa with shrimp. So good and what a great value. Both meals were around $15 each. I believe the 32 oz margarita with Jose Cuervo Gold and Gran Marnier was around $12. In addition to making sure we saved some of our meals to take home for work on Monday we bought a large container of salsa for $7. The dining room was very clean. Neither of us used the bathroom so I can't comment on that. The staff was very friendly and chatted with us a bit after dinner. I would recommend Don Ramon for taking a family or going with other couples. They open daily at 11am till 9:30 Monday thru Thursday, Friday and Saturday till 11pm and Sunday till 9pm.

• Visited November 2012