“Beutiful Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Cheer(s)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayville
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Beutiful Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was a wonderful Bed and breakfast. It is a very clean and quaint hotel. Unlike normal B and B's, each room is fully equipped with it's own bathroom. It has a wonderful restaurant, with wonderful home made food that was very tasty and reasonable. The rooms were clean and decorated beautifully. A perfect romantic evening away from it all!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay, room was clean, hot tub was great. Common areas were interesting to walk through. Attached restraunt was good. Free wifi was fast at 6+meg.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
brodhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I booked this for a birding trip to the Horicon Marsh because we had a Living Social deal. Everything was wonderful--the hotel itself had wonderful antique character, the staff was friendly and the rooms were nice and clean.

We ate at the adjoining restaurant for dinner and the food was AWESOME, although the service was slow. That wasn't a big deal to us, however, as we had all the time in the world. The complimentary breakfast was good and my husband LOVED the pancakes!

Overall, a great stay and definitely hope to stay again next year when we visit the Horicon Marsh.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

After a very long business day, I pulled up to the Audubon Inn in Mayville, WI. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was graciously welcomed by the Inn owner Stacy, who immedialtely took charge by helping me in with my bags and getting me settled in my room. As it was already late in the evening, I headed to the resturant for an adult beverage and dinner. Again, I was graciously welcomed by Rosie, the Inn's bartender who makes the best Lemon Drop martinitis ever while she filled me in on the history of the Inn and the town of Mayville. The meal and hospitality were amazing. Off to bed and the best night's sleep I have had in a very long time. The big question remains: "is the Inn haunted?" If so, even the ghosts were gracious! Do not miss this vintage location for a special occasion or business. I am definitely coming back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I and my girlfriend stayed in the Bluebird suite for a single Saturday night and found the staff to be some of the best we have had the pleasure to encounter. While some of the amenities have not been updated (tube TV instead of flatscreen) and there is no pool, this is exactly the sort of place I hope to find when I go looking for a quiet, off-the-beaten-path B&B with all of the cozy, homey qualities you might see in a charming small-town retreat. The whirlpool bath was comfortably big enough for two (I'm 6'1" & 300 pounds), the bar was reasonably priced, and the decor in the hallways includes a small library and antique furniture (early ~1900s). It's a nice, quiet little town but not so far off the beaten path that you can't find a choice of watering holes and food, and the post office is literally a block away. Otherwise, the area is quiet and relaxing, and the bartender is a font of information and a pleasant source of friendly conversation. Everything in our suite and in the hallways appeared clean and well-kept, and we heard no noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway, despite the inn being fully booked.

This is a perfect getaway unless you're a tech-head and need your digital fix (they have wi-fi, but I can't comment on that, since we didn't use it), or simply must have a pool or wild night life.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Charming, affordable, comfortable. Reasonable dining, quaint parking arrangements, great sleeping, free and generous breakfast.

Room Tip: Each room is different. Enjoy the stairs - allows you to see more of the architectural detail.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I took my husband to get away for his 50th birthday. When booking they ask if it's for any special occassion. Nobody acknowleged it was his birthday. Room was extremely tiny, and the tv was from the 80's. Also ladies, bring your hair conditioner, they have none. I had to run to the Piggly Wiggly to buy some. The soaps are also so tiny and skinny, they crack in half the 1st time you use them. It was a cute B&B, but they need new mattress's. Both our backs were so sore the next day from sleeping on a very hard mattress. The people above us on the 3rd floor were up very late and were creeking around on the floors, so we didn't get much sleep. Dinner was amazing, thanks to the chef, but the waitress was awfully slow. We waited 1 hr to get our meal, and she still forgot the soup and salad, We were served our soup and salad after our tenderloins. Then waited another 30 minutes to get the bill. Breakfast wasn't that great....make your own pancakes on a griddle on the bar. The bar was very cool, and the prices for drinks were good also. Friendly bartender. If they updated a few things in the rooms and tweaked the breakfast, and hire or train the waitstaff, it would be great!

Room Tip: I probably would choose a room on the 3rd floor so no one keeps you up all night, don't take a s...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Audubon Inn? Share your experiences!