“Shepherd's pie...made with lamb!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Shepherd's pie...made with lamb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Most shepherd's pie I've had is made with ground beef, but Marsibilio's was traditional and very good. The mashed potato topping was perfectly crisp on the outside, tender inside and the serving was generous; thanks to having a refrigerator in my room at the Inn I was able to save the uneaten portion and enjoy it when I returned home.

The service at 5:30 PM on a Tuesday in late winter was prompt and friendly.

The pub's signature spumoni was unavailable (the supplier had omitted one of the flavors) but the vanilla bean I had was a very enjoyable end to the meal.

The downsides: The garlic bread was bland.

Visited March 2014

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“I'll drive an hour to go back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Jayne from River's Bend Inn told us to go to Marsibilio's for an unforgettable meal. It was our Honeymoon ( 23 years later) and one of the most "Convivialita" ( an experience) romantic dinners ever. We sat in a booth with a high back and very cozy. The wait staff was friendly and Michelle (owner) was at our table to welcome us. We were impressed with the love she has for her little town, and I knew our food be be just as good. I had the fried green olives ($6) served in a martini glass, along with marinara sauce for dipping. My husband had a pepperoni pizza (12"), with freshest cheese, that stretched over 2 feet. I had the house special ( I can't remember the fantastic Italian name) but it was home made lasagna noodles rolled up with artichoke & crab mixture, covered with cheese and breadcrumbs and baked. There were 3 rolls and thought I can eat more... but I couldn't. It was a perfect amount. I was treated to a full wine list (over 19 White, 6 dessert and 35 Red !) along with a fully stocked bar and knowledgeable bartender ( Justin) who could mix up any drink or suggest a local beer to go with your meal. We had a lively conversation with Michelle and met the chef, her husband ,Kevin. Mayville is lucky to have a charming restaurant, which will put Mayville "on the map" but will draw people from all over the region to seek out Italian food that will make your time traveled well worth it. The only sad thing is that I forgot my camera so I could not record and share the food I had.

• Visited January 2014
Hartford, WI
“Perfect Italian restaurant and social experience for the four of us.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had the specials of the day, after being offered complimentary beverages celebrating the restaurants anniversary. Our waitress put a waitress we had at a 5 star Hawaii restaurant a couple weeks ago to shame with her knowledge and pleasant manner. Her recommendations for dishes and beverages were spot on. The specialty coffee options do get a bit pricey, but WORTH IT!

• Visited November 2013
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Good food & price with a casual setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Even though our waitress evidently wasn't thrilled about working the evening we stopped, we were satisfied with the drinks, food and price.

Visited October 2013
Brookfield
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We can't say enough about this restaurant. The food was excellent, and the staff made us feel like old friends. We loved it so much on Friday night that we came back on Saturday night!

I would say to other reviewers that if the wait was long (which it was not for us) it might be that the Beaumont Restaurant at the Inn down the street closed unexpectedly on September 1st. We had been planning to eat there during our stay, and probably would not have even tried Marsibilio's if our Inn's restaurant had been open.

I only wish that Marsibilio's wasn't an hour away from us. We'd go every week!

• Visited September 2013