“Red Geranium - fun gift shop in charming Meadow Valley Log home - 4300 sq ft” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Geranium Framing and Gifts

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Mauston
Madison, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Red Geranium - fun gift shop in charming Meadow Valley Log home - 4300 sq ft”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

A friend recommended that we should visit the Red Geranium while we were in Mauston. It was a very good recommendation. The Red Geranium is located on the frontage road just past McDonalds and Culvers in a 4300 sq ft, Meadow Valley log home called the Grande Valley - the architecture and design is worth the stop. We were greeted with a friendly welcome, "would you like a cup of coffee?" - "today, I have Door County Cherry Cream" - wonderful hospitality, with lots of tasty chips, crackers, and dips set on the large granite island in the kitchen. Each room was wonderfully festive for the holidays, nice to see the "art" of display is still alive and well. We have driven by the Mauston exit hundreds of times while on the interstate, exiting there to get gas or a fast food sandwich and have driven by the Meadow Valley log home, never taking the time to stop. Now we have a new reason to stop in Mauston - The Red Geranium - what a wonderful experience we had there, festive, friendly hospitality, and charming decor and gifts - we'll be back soon. Stop by the Red Geranium in Mauston if you are driving by - I'd like to know what you think.

Visited December 2013

Mauston, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“The Red Geranium has blossomed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My visit to the "new" Red Geranium was quite a surprise! This unique little gift shop recently moved into a large model log home. My husband and I discovered treasures in every room of the house. There were crab dip and chip samples in the kitchen, lotions and soaps in the bathroom, and framed art and gift items in the great room. There was a lot to explore...and that's just the first floor! The owner features work from local artists and carries lots of unique items made right here in Wisconsin. My husband came along just because he's a good guy, but he enjoyed looking around and even made a couple of purchases himself.

This is one of the few gift shops that I would recommend as an "attraction." The owner's enthusiasm is infectious. She offers an wide variety of goods displayed in a very unique way. It would be a great place to visit with a couple of friends, but it works for couples, too. I will definitely be back!

P.S. The Red Geranium is easy to find. It's just off the interstate, near Culver's.

Visited December 2012