“Above and Beyond during a very trying time!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Mauston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1001A Highway 82 East, Mauston, WI 53948   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Above and Beyond during a very trying time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I want to say, that ALL the people at the Super 8 were fantastic! My uncle had his house burn down the night of January 25th. And the Red Cross put him up at the Super 8. The people there were so understanding and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure he was comfortable and had what he needed to be comfortable for that night and the rest of his stay.
On Sunday the card for his room quit working and with his bad legs, he was not able to walk back to the front desk for help, so he had sat down by his room. His son found him and the front desk got the key fixed immediately! Then when I and his son were checking out to head home, Tammy at the front desk told us she was moving my Uncle to a room closer to the front desk. So if the key quit working again, he would have less distance to walk or they could hear him if he called out.

Thank you for going above and beyond during a very trying time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GM02959, Manager at Super 8 Mauston, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are very happy to have your uncle stay with us and sincerley hope he will have a new home soon. He has quickly become part of our Super 8 family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

On both of our queen size beds four metal bars were protruding from the frames. Very painful when I hit my ankle and my wife hit her shin. I told the front dest rep and she responded, "We will check on it".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was opening deer hunting weekend in WI, but I knew that I had daughters, nieces, grandkids, and sisters all needing to stay in one hotel to go to our annual cookie bake at our Mom's house in Mauston. I made the reservations early, due to the hunters that I was sure would be staying there. We were in need of 2 rooms for Friday night and 3 rooms for Saturday night due to a few "late arrivers". The additional room for Saturday needed to be a connecting room to one of our Friday night rooms due to 3 grandchildren under the age of 2 wanting to be in adjoining rooms! The staff was so very friendly and helpful and they managed to fulfill every wish that we had. I remember Sheila and Tammy's names, but there was also an overnight gentleman that was behind the counter also. I referred to myself as the "high maintenance customer" and that made them laugh, so I just really wanted to make sure that they all get kudos for their OUTSTANDING customer service from 11/16-11/18/12. You guys made our weekend fabulous for the family time that we were spending together. Oh, and let's not forget that (by chance?) my Aunt and 2 cousins were right across the hall from our group too!! Bonus that we didn't even ask for! It didn't even bother us that hunters were getting up at 4 a.m. to go hunting. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Some fridges were larger than others, if that matters to you. Oh, and we had a cat and the room was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Walnut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for the night . Decent place for the price close to the Dells for anyone that needs to know . Clean room great staff and when I left as early as I did the next morning they had a decent breakfasat ready to go ! I would stay here again !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Mauston? Share your experiences!