“consistently good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Menominee, MI
“consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We eat here several times a year and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food. Great walleye on Fridays too.

Visited November 2012

43% Recommend
“Simple, descent bar food - very affordable if you're a traver.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Our experience here was good. Good prices on the food and drinks - especially if you're traveling from a major city. We only had some appetizers, but they were as expected...nothing special, but descent quality. At the end of the day, it's probably worth a try for a full meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Mounds View, Minnesota
“Great Craft Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are in the area and love a good craft beer selection - be sure to stop by the Rail House. They brew their own beer on site and have a wonderful selection. You can taste them all with their 15 brew tasting. I was there for my 30 year class reunion so I don't typically go to Marinette, but I believe my husband would be willing to drive there again, just to sample the beers at this establishment. Nicer atmosphere than most bar/grill with a pleasant staff and clientele.

• Visited October 2012
Oneonta, New York
“Very inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to agree with some of the other reviewers. We have eaten here a couple times a year for the last 10 years or so. Sometimes it's quite good, sometimes it's terrible. It doesn't seem like the wait staff knows much about what they are serving, or about food in general. I've really enjoyed the Friday night fish fry a couple times, then it's like we were in a completely different restaurant and it was very bad. I also have to agree that the bad seems to outweigh the good more and more each time we go. Overall, I'd simply advise anyone going here to keep it simple. The prices are too high for the quality of the food. The beer, however, isn't half bad.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plainwell, Michigan
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the only place we ate, except for a planned event. We didn't see a need to look elsewhere. Serving-size to price ratio seemed reasonable. The house brew I had was good, too.

Visited October 2012