“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maiden Rock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maiden Rock
Maiden Rock Inn
You added Maiden Rock Inn to your Saves list
N 531 County Road S, Maiden Rock, WI 54750   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Maiden Rock B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My Mother and I recently (May 2012) attended the Art Tour in the Maiden Rock, Stockholm and Pepin area. The Maiden Rock Inn Bed and Breakfast was recommended to us. It is an old school house that Jennifer and Gary renovated from top to bottom. It has five rooms - each decorated differently with jacuzzi type tubs (with on demand hot water). There is a sauna and a massage room. A spiral staircase takes you to a roof top patio - perfect for a view of Lake Pepin and a bottle of wine. They have a rec room with a pool table and tv/DVD (there is a shelf to choose from), or you can sit in the spa room with a fireplace, or they will make you a bonfire outside in the grotto. Jennifer specialises in delicious breakfasts or will make you a box lunch if you are driving around the area. The drive is just over an hour from Minneapolis. There is also an apple orchard near by (I'll check out on our next visit). They were lovely host and I highly recommend a visit! There are a few excellent galleries in town as well (Sacred Heart Gallery and Cultural Cloth). Their website is www.maidenrockinn.com

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our fourth stay with Jennifer and Gary at the Maiden Rock Inn...four nights this time. Each visit has been more delightful than the last. The Inn could not be any more comfortable. I feel like I am staying with friends. The food is fantastic...healthy, local and most important...delicious! We were able to enjoy a sunrise on the roof patio as well as a few games of pool in the game room. Maiden Rock is a tiny town of less than 200 but the surrounding area offers plenty to do and Gary and Jennifer always have suggestions. This time it was a local winery that was specializing in Honey Crisp Hard Cider. What a great treat! We are both looking forward to the next time at the Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Staying at the Maiden Rock Inn for two nights was a truly delightful experience. Jennifer and Gary are welcoming hosts- helpful, interesting, attentive, and unobtrusive. Their lovingly restored and unique building was full of pleasant surprises and amenities. Our comfortable and clean room and bath was spacious and inviting. The large whirlpool tub with shower sprayer was a highlight. We were greeted in the morning, in the breakfast/sitting room, with excellent coffee and teas and a delectable treat from the village bakery. Our breakfasts were wholesome, generous, and superb. We could easily have passed much time in this room with its diverse collection of books and records, a piano, and record player, as well as all the other special offerings of the the Inn. We look forward to our next return when we will take advantage of the sauna and rooftop hot tub with its view of Lake Pepin, as well as to explore more of the beautiful local area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We just got home from an incredible weekend at the Maiden Rock Inn. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The fireplace room where we visited and played games was warm and inviting. The food was above wonderful, mostly local, and tasty! Our host were kind and accommodating.
We paid extra to have them cook dinner for our party. We did have a group not just one couple for them to do this for us. Dinner cooked by Jennifer was out of this world and more than we could possibly eat. Gary took us on a tour of the Inn and shared how the inn has become the beautiful comfortable place it is. We look forward to doing a full weekend there again in the future. I feel we have two new friends. Thank you Gary and Jen!

Room Tip: All of the rooms a great. I would like the king suite next time:) All of the other rooms have queen...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I just need a little get-away and some badly need R&R and after a little research decided on the Maiden Rock Inn in Maiden Rock WI. It's only an hour and a half from Mpls, so it was perfect for a short mid week get away. We were enchanted by the craftsmanship of the owner Gary and the artist's touch from his wife, Jennifer. All the rooms were lovely, ours had a double jacuzzi that was a perfect finish to a day of sightseeing on the river and some time spent in the sauna.

One of my favorite things, though, was how accomodating Jennifer and Gary are! I have a very specific diet I follow and don't eat gluten or dairy and Jennifer made the most delicious breakfast just for us with greens from the garden, salmon and eggs. She even made some gluten free crackers! After breakfast, we spent time on the rooftop watching eagles soar over the river while finishing our coffee.

We will be back....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I were only planning to stay for one night but we decided to stay an additional night! Jennifer is an amazing cook and artist, her loving touch is visible in each of their rooms. Gary, an amazing craftsman and wood worker, has transformed each room into a beautiful oasis in the quiet hcountryside. It is a great home base for exploring the Mississippi River bluffs and beautiful Lake Pepin. Check it out you won't regret it!

Room Tip: We love the blue and yellow room! Very cheerful and sunny!
St. Paul, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed just one night at the Maiden Rock Inn, a beautifully restored school house. We will most assuredly be back and hopefully for more than one night. Gary and Jennifer have poured their lives into restoring this old school house into an outstanding inn and then imbued it with their warm, welcoming hospitality . Gary is a retired stair builder and master woodworker and I think Jennifer is the interior designer and a creative force . Together they have created a gem that you should not miss. Gary took us on a tour and we were blown away...from the entrance and rooms themselves, to the gorgeous wooden spiral staircase, the sauna, the outdoor courtyard, to the game room...the quality and attention to detail is amazing. And, the breakfast was the best I have had at a B&B anywhere. We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years and this is the first time I have written a review, that is how impressed I was. Paul

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Maiden Rock Inn? Share your experiences!